Request for Gundam SEED Blu-ray release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Gundam SEED Blu-ray release

Wanted to share a request for the eventual Blu-ray release of Gundam SEED: Would it be possible to include the full-screen SD version of the original series as an additional SD on BD disc with the complete collection or collector's edition? The reason I'm asking is because I recently watched the remastered series via streaming and while the new visuals are nice it's also apparent that the series was made with the 4:3 aspect ratio in mind. My biggest complaint is that the top half of characters heads are often times cut off due to the cropping process and it just looks weird. I think the complete series in SD would fit on a single Blu-ray disc and this would give fans an option to watch the series in either format. Thanks for your consideration.

Probably won't get an answer until the announcement. I hear they have finished recording the new dub including Destiny and the voice director said they'll make a big deal of it when it happens. So some ultimate edition maybe even with both seasons might happen, I'm just not so sure about a SD version but I guess its not out of the question. Personally I have seen that version so many times that I look forward to the HD remaster for a change, yeah the cropping sucks but I like that a lot of the battles have been re-animated and I'm more excited about the new dub than anything. The Ocean dub is so poor quality, not just acting & casting but mixing as well, just feels cheap. This new dub will feel much more modern I'm sure and I really like the cast.

Comment

Oh, they're DOING an ultimate boxset release of Gundam Seed just like they did for Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, and the upcoming G Gundam.

Gundam Seed is one of the most popular Gundam series, the most popular in Japan, PERIOD (aside from UC), and it has its fans in the West despite pissy fans who want to micromanage things or can't let go and let other people enjoy whatever they like.
      You see the dumbness when people bitch about Gundam Wing or the latest UC Gundam series. They (the control freaks) just can't let people enjoy those series because THEY think they're dumb.
      I don't think any of the series are perfect -- there's always been teen-oriented writing in Gundam with MASSIVE plotholes and assinine behavior from lead characters -- but the shows are still mostly enjoyable. The writing issues have always been there but they're far less likely to rock the boat and completely reinvent AND screw up a series in Japan than they are in the West => Exhibit A: Netflix reimagining of She-Ra.

I don't get into those fanboy fights anymore.... Let people enjoy what they like. It's their money.
      I'm NOT a Dragonball or Naruto fan but I'm not gonna scold people for liking those shows.
      There are parts of Gundam I don't care for either -- I probably won't buy Gundam Age OR Build Fighters, ever -- but I don't begrudge people for getting those or even every piece of Gundam.
      I'd be interested in seeing some of the SD Gundam anime make it over here (NOT the SD Gundam CG show that was on Cartoon Network, please!) but I think those OVAs and specials are more likely to be extras on other series releases or stream-only shows if they EVER get licensed.

Comment

One thing HAS been pretty much confirmed.
        They're going to include the original Ocean Studios dub of Gundam Seed & Seed Destiny with the new release just like Funimation bundled the previous Ocean dub of Escaflowne on DVD with its limited edition (web-only) release of Escaflowne.
        The dub won't be on the Blu ray... It'll probably be DVD-only (I think that was recently confirmed.) Whether it's a limited edition item or pack-in with the Ultimate Boxset I really don't know. I'm sure they'll release details the closer they are to locking down the contents of the boxset but that boxset WILL happen. Seed is one of the most popular Gundam series.

I STILL have the original Bandai DVD's of Escaflowne (I have the boxset with the Dark Escaflowne figure!) so I only bothered to get the Funimation Blu rays.
        I know people are attached to the original dubs of older shows. Feel lucky some companies actually listen and bother to get previous dubs when they can and when they see there's a demand for them!

Comment

Working...
        X