Aria Kickstarter has been launched!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aria Kickstarter has been launched!

We've started a Kickstarter project to dub the slice-of-life anime, Aria the Animation. This forum is for discussing the project. I'm excited about this funding and creating a new dub for this show, and I hope you'll consider becoming a donor.

Already in for Prima at backer #34, and I'm not even a fan of Aria or dubs - I just want to support Shawne and Ann in their first crowdfunding endeavor together, which I know will end up being an awesome Kickstarter to participate in! Go Team!

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
      Already in for Prima at backer #34, and I'm not even a fan of Aria or dubs - I just want to support Shawne and Ann in their first crowdfunding endeavor together, which I know will end up being an awesome Kickstarter to participate in! Go Team!
      It's really awesome that you can do just because you want to be supportive.

Comment

Well I'm a fan of Aria & dubs So I really look forward to it. Its going well, already getting near the goal.

Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Fully funded!

First stretch goal added, $120,000 to add 5.1 mix. Which as some know I'm a big fan of 5.1 mixes so I'm excited about this. Yeah its not an action show but to hear the gondolas, waterways & of course great music in my surround speakers will be a nice touch.
          Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Great, I'll finally be able to check it out with a Dub once it gets it's wide Blu-ray release

Comment

FWIW, the part about locked subs has been dropped.

There's also new stretch goals. If it gets to $240K, all of the second season will be dubbed as well. Kickstarter is currently at $144K.

$140K - All $55+ Tiers Get: Himeya Company Patch
              $150K - Season 1 English Cast Commentary
              $160K - All $95+ Tiers Get: Numbered Lithograph
              $180K - Season 2 Part 1 English Dub in 2.0 + 5.1
              $200K - Season 2 Part 1 English Cast Commentary
              $210K - All $55+ Tiers Get: Orange Planet Company Patch
              $220K - Neo-Venezia Season 1 Softcover Guidebook
              $230K - Neo-Venezia Guidebook Upgrade to Hardcover
              $240K - Season 2 Part 2 English Dub in 2.0 + 5.1
              $250K - Neo-Venezia Guidebook Upgrade to Include Season 2
              $260K - Season 2 Part 2 English Cast Commentary
              ??? - More Adventures Available!
              Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
              My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

So yeah, dead thread here, considering all the action over on the Kickstarter... We hit the $180K mark to add the dub for Season 2 Part 1, and in one day's time added $32K more to the pot, mostly from backer upgrades to the "Plus" pledge levels to add Part 1 to the backer's box sets... so we're at $216K as I post this, and just need $24K yet to reach the $240K goal for dubbing S2 Part 2... we'll probably hit that within a couple days. Then there will be another big boost from upgrade pledges to the yet unnamed "Plus Plus" tiers to add Part 2 to backer's box sets. Anyone up for making it to dubbing Season 3 as well?

Comment

dead thread here
                  It'd be nice if there was a link to this thread on the Kickstarter page

Comment

There is a link to this thread in Update 14...

Comment

And we're minutes away from hitting the $260k mark, which is currently the last of the stretch goals.

Edit: And it's there. Time for more stretch goals.
                      Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
                      My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Reversable covers - that's always nice to have...

Comment

This is the first kickstarter I've ever participated in. Aria has been, without rival, my favorite series since I started watching it as an idiot high school kid in 2005. Aria was a life-changing anime for me. Akari's rosy view of Aqua was intoxicating, and the gorgeous, otherworldly depiction of Venice inspiring. This anime was definitely a cult hit-- certainly not the type I'd expect on a lot of shelves, or one that would ever get picked for the dub treatment in the industry back when it was airing. I never dreamed it would get one, so seeing this project not only launch, but get so much traction, has me doing backflips. Dubs are so valuable in bringing anime to a wider audience. This show more than any, I want everyone I can possibly convince to see. These days, I help organize anime nights at a nearby bar where we show dubbed series we can get the rights to. I haven't been able to even consider Aria. Soon, I'll be able to! The point is, I could not be more grateful, Shawn and Ann. Thanks to both of you getting this kickstarter up, and thanks Nozomi for supporting the idea! Fingers crossed that we'll get everything through to Origination, and maybe even the OVAs. Seriously. You've earned a lifelong fan.

Comment

Reversable covers - that's always nice to have...
                            Yes, it is. I don't know why more anime publishing companies don't do this, especially if their main cover is hideous (looking at you S.A.V.E. anime).

I just watched Aria The Animation a couple months ago for the first time. I enjoyed it, but I wished (at the time) that there had been a dub. Normally I prefer subtitles, but I liked watching an episode or two of Aria before bed, and it was difficult to focus on the subtitles when I was getting tired. Glad its getting a dub, and I hope the stretch goals are met so the rest of Aria can be dubbed.

Comment

This forum is brutal against file extensions so I'm going to provide links and you can pick your poison (joke's on you, they're all viruses .. this is a joke). These files contain all relevant quotes from the past few days starting sometime Thursday of last week. The quotes are of discussions that I felt were important in one way shape or form. (i.e. Most anything that wasn't nonsensical talk and question-asking or something that has already been made clear). I'm presenting the quote methods in order of preference with the neatest at the top, but you only need to pick one of the three method to see all the quotes. The sections will be reference in order in the main body of this post to help maintain some kind of continuity between the two.

Evernote export (Preferred method of view quotes if you have Evernote): https://puu.sh/xrZBT.enex
                              Zip file with each note as its own .html file and a neat little index page: https://puu.sh/xrZCD.7z
                              Single-quote page: https://puu.sh/xrZAy.html

If you're too scared to open any of these then get someone who knows VMs to do it for you (joke's still on you, these can hop the box. Still an actual joke.)

Now time to see if you guys have a character limit. Oh and I'm going to bed so I can't be bothered to spell-check. If Word didn't catch it then it's not my problem. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: You have a character limit, jerks.

Introductory stuff:

The main topics will be divided into:

Things in spoiler tags/striked out have been already addressed.

Important Forethought:
                              • (Addressed)
                              Missing from the Current Campaign:
                              1. (Addressed)
                              2. (Addressed)
                              3. Advertising/Notifications/Communication of Direction
                              (Next post on next page)

Post Campaign:
                              1. (Addressed)
                              2. (Addressed)
                              3. Post Campaign Suggestions
                              4. (Addressed)
                              Extras:
                              1. Signature
                              2. Mugs
                              3. Music
                              4. More Swag
                              5. Closed Captioning/Subtitles on During English Audio
                              6. (Addressed)
                              Other:
                              • Food for Thought
                              So without further ado.

Missing from the Current Campaign

Quotes: [Aria Section] Missing from Current Campaign

2. (--15) Advertising/Notifications/Communication of Direction

As you already know, communication will be crucial in this final week. Communicate to new backers the aforementioned point that prices for retail release will not be different than what you can expect here and the contributing now means access to add-ons if they change their mind in the near future.

From ([Aria Section] Missing From Current Campaign, --15): Notify users directly that they have not yet upgraded and explain how to upgrade to the tier they may want. This will help catch the stragglers before post-campaign. Although if things go in the direction they seem to, it won’t be much of an issue so longer as it’s properly communicated the limitations of post campaign backing.

Give a rough estimate of costs AND TIME for the guidebook/orders/slack backer period (heavily talked about in post campaign section) as that will help people make purchasing decisions.
                              Last edited by Shourin; September 5th, 2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X