Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I apologize for my prolonged absence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I apologize for my prolonged absence

    On the morning of Thursday 22 October I had a seizure due to a previously undiagnosed chronic medical condition, and then spent through Saturday 31 October in the hospital, recovering. Since then I've been at home recovering from the sleep deprivation (the hospital was not conducive to me getting sleep) and low blood sugar (being passed out for days at a time meant I didn't have much opportunity to eat). I am still somewhat easily tired and slightly forgetful moment to moment (i.e., forgetting that there are two, not three, E's in "street") and otherwise not 100%, though I hope to resume my moderation duties today—and in the short term, my health may grow worse, not better. The good (or bad) news for all of you is that I have no choice but to remain home, so reading, television, and the Internet are what I have to pass the time.
    • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
    —
    • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
    • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
    • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
    • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

    #2
    Hope you recover well soon!

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you. So do I, though I can't guarantee that.
      • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
      —
      • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
      • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
      • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
      • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

      Comment


        #4
        Also, should I be unable to continue it (at this point a very open question), Jatz gets my database and such other anime-related projects as he desires.
        • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
        —
        • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
        • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
        • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
        • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

        Comment


          #5
          Welcome back!
          crunchyroll all-access member ☆

          aniMuze | my anime playlist | my jpop playlist | mal

          Comment


            #6
            Thank you.
            • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
            —
            • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
            • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
            • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
            • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

            Comment


              #7
              Sorry to hear about that.... I was wondering why you hadn't been to the movies lately. :D

              Hope you get to feeling better soon.
              Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
              Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
              AN's Alpha Female

              Join the AN discord: https://discord.gg/eY55AVc

              Comment


                #8
                Whoa! Sorry to hear that. Rest up and get well. I hope your condition improves and you'll be back in top shape.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
                  Sorry to hear about that.... I was wondering why you hadn't been to the movies lately. :D
                  My last real, solid memory before the hospital was seeing these, then a vague one of projectile vomiting into my bathroom sink.
                  • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
                  —
                  • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
                  • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
                  • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
                  • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by DocWatson View Post
                    On the morning of Thursday 22 October I had a seizure due to a previously undiagnosed chronic medical condition, and then spent through Saturday 31 October in the hospital, recovering. Since then I've been at home recovering from the sleep deprivation (the hospital was not conducive to me getting sleep) and low blood sugar (being passed out for days at a time meant I didn't have much opportunity to eat). I am still somewhat easily tired and slightly forgetful moment to moment (i.e., forgetting that there are two, not three, E's in "street") and otherwise not 100%, though I hope to resume my moderation duties today—and in the short term, my health may grow worse, not better. The good (or bad) news for all of you is that I have no choice but to remain home, so reading, television, and the Internet are what I have to pass the time.
                    Holy....

                    I hope you get better.
                    Originally posted by DocWatson View Post
                    Also, should I be unable to continue it (at this point a very open question), Jatz gets my database and such other anime-related projects as he desires.
                    Thank you, but loplop might be better suited to the task. I don't have such fine attention to detail as you seem to have.
                    Last edited by Jatz; November 3rd, 2015, 09:27 AM.
                    "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Wow, that's terrible I hope you feel better!
                      Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Kill La Kill, Monogatari, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
                      My Anime Collection, My Anime List PSN: SuiDream88

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Doc.

                        That is terrible news.

                        I sent you a PM and since you didn't reply, I thought you were spenting time with your family during Haloween or on holliday.

                        I did not know your time away from here was under such bad sircumstances.

                        I hope you pull through and land on top.
                        Release Cyborg 009 TV series from 1979 on DVD in U.S.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Welcome back Doc, sorry to hear that happened to you.

                          I actually had a Grand Mal seizure back in December 1999 when I was being treated from AML that led me to the ICU for 2 days.(I hate seizures, I really HATE them and hearing when other people have suffered them.)

                          I'm glad your recovering and wish you nothing but the best.

                          Get well Soon.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by JoeHigarashi View Post
                            Welcome back Doc, sorry to hear that happened to you.

                            I actually had a Grand Mal seizure back in December 1999 when I was being treated from AML that led me to the ICU for 2 days.(I hate seizures, I really HATE them and hearing when other people have suffered them.)

                            I'm glad your recovering and wish you nothing but the best.

                            Get well Soon.
                            Thanks. This one was from non-Hodgkins leukemia—which I currently understand is of an early stage and intermediate severity, though my appointment with my (new) doctor is for later today, and I have yet to read much of the information I have on it. One of the biggest surprises is that I actually have health insurance, having somehow signed up for MassHealth without being aware of doing so. If I'd known, I would have gotten myself to a doctor on a regular basis a long time ago, and we might have caught this even sooner.
                            • AN forum rules: The FAQ & in brief (re: porn); "Read the forum rules [before you post]"; more good ideas.
                            —
                            • Hentai genre & fetish database (L.U. 11 January 2012) and more this way.
                            • Yuribou Hentai Dictionary Version 3.0; L.U. 13 August 2012.
                            • Samples IDs for Bondanime, Lestai, Titanime, and Futafan preview pages; L.U. 12 May 2015.
                            • Scott McCall has a posse; Nick Burkhardt has a Scoobie Gang. | • Allison Argent for Slayer.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by DocWatson View Post
                              Thanks. This one was from non-Hodgkins leukemia—which I currently understand is of an early stage and intermediate severity, though my appointment with my (new) doctor is for later today, and I have yet to read much of the information I have on it. One of the biggest surprises is that I actually have health insurance, having somehow signed up for MassHealth without being aware of doing so. If I'd known, I would have gotten myself to a doctor on a regular basis a long time ago, and we might have caught this even sooner.
                              Your welcome. The Acute Myeloid Leukemia I had wasn't caught early enough back when it was first discovered on December 7,1999 at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma,WA, it had been progressing since early Autumn and we didn't even know until early December. My symptoms had started in mid October, I kept getting sent home from school for a fever, my nurse at school told my mother that I looked pale and sick and that the area that I had a pimple on was completely swollen and had a strange large lump covering my right side of my cheek. One day on Wednesday November 17,1999, I got up early at 5:30 AM to go to school, I was so weak,frail and exhausted that I collapsed near the bus stop, some of the other students helped me on to the bus. When I got to my morning class, the teacher advised me to go to the Doctor something is very wrong.

                              Later that night, she took me to the EM Room where they assumed I had a minor infection. I remember feeling extremely weak and delirious, plus all the lights were way too bright for me. They didn't find it until December 7, and didn't tell me until December 8th, lucky for me, My stepdad was in the military, so Tricare/CORBA paid for EVERYTHING.

                              Your fortunate they caught it early enough. In late '99, It had been progressing since the Mid Summer, so aggressive Chemo was mandatory, my blood counts were so poor, that putting me under for a Catheter was just too risky. the Grand Mal seizure occurred during the late night/early morning hours of December 17th, December 18th.



                              Again, I wish you only the best and hopefully you'll recover and get the proper treatment you deserve.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X