Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems so long ago. I remember being active around that time.
    feh...

Comment

Over 3,000 active members - I can't even imagine that kind of activity level given that we have, like, 1 active member on average nowadays. I mean, people can post all kinds of drivel on Facebook, Twitter & Reddit, but they can't find the time to post anything here - go figure.

Comment

Unfortunately, with all those other forms of social media dominating everything else, it gives less reason for people to post on forums. I feel like sites like Reddit and 4chan style places kind of killed the usage of forums.
        feh...

Comment

Originally posted by Maikeru View Post
          Unfortunately, with all those other forms of social media dominating everything else, it gives less reason for people to post on forums. I feel like sites like Reddit and 4chan style places kind of killed the usage of forums.
          Yes, I think these other forms of social media are a major threat to the existence of more "local" forums like AN. Metaphorically, instead of local coffee shops buzzing with activity, we have faceless Walmarts everywhere we turn.

In a recent thread here, I did some back of the envelope calculations based on people typically having an average of 338 Facebook friends, and found that this translates to about 1.2 minutes of quality interaction time with each "friend" every day. Absurdity upon absurdity! The human brain has not evolved to handle so many people at once with any kind of meaningful, personal attachment. No wonder we have people putting on airs in every nook and cranny of the Internet.

Comment

Working...
          X