Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Feedback: New Changes, Suggestions, and Comments!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basilisk View Post
    Man this is really just too much!

It's been going on since the day I joined but yesterday was the biggest slap in the face yet.

When I logged off last night I had 65 Posts, and when I logged back on I was back down to 61 Posts.

I'd really like to know where these Posts are going!
    Really wish you guys would stop deleting my Posts.

Between 45 and 30 minutes ago I re posted all the Posts that were deleted today.
    Including a NEW ONE I Posted in this Thread.

These Posts do "Post" so they are being deleted!
    Last edited by Basilisk; December 12th, 2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

An admin would have to check, I think Gibb is the only one, the database and see if your posts are being wiped out totally (hard delete) or if they are just disappearing (soft delete). I don't think any mod or admin is messing with you. If I were to guess, I'd say Akismet is to blame, but someone needs to look at the DB.
      "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

It's easier to just hide the post so that way it can be fetched quicker for future reference if needed.
        "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

Nothing has been soft deleted. I would be able to tell.

I'm not sure why you think people on here have it out for you. Are you someone who was banned and should not be on AN?
          Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
          Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

I'm not sure why you think people on here have it out for you. Are you someone who was banned and should not be on AN?
            Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer to that and I think you do as well
            "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

Okay, thanks Nutmeg!

Never said out to get me, but I guess it's as relevant a phrase as any to use
              But it's not even an issue since you've looked into it and found that no one has been deleting them.

And sorry for any and all implying I've made, but from my point of view the Posts have been deleted after they have been Posted and up for some time,
              some up till the next day before they disappeared and some as little as 1/2hr for a few of them.

Given what's been happening to my Posts I thought I've been very reserved in my comments..
              But if you say there is no one deleting them, than I have to believe you, and I do!

Thank you for looking into it, and for letting me know!

Originally posted by Jatz View Post
              An admin would have to check, I think Gibb is the only one, the database and see if your posts are being wiped out totally (hard delete) or if they are just disappearing (soft delete). I don't think any mod or admin is messing with you. If I were to guess, I'd say Akismet is to blame, but someone needs to look at the DB.
              Ah, sorry, missed your Post Jatz, thanks for the information.

It being done on purpose, I can't see that as being the actual reason ether.
              I was only grasping at straws as to why, and even that didn't make sense

Don't know what Akismet is, but I'll definitely say something to Gibb, thanks
              Last edited by Basilisk; December 14th, 2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Really wish you guys would stop deleting my Posts.
                Why would someone someone go through the trouble to delete your post? After all you are a brand new member...

ďSome ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.Ē George Orwell.

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

So weird, my Posts still keep "up and vanishing".

Last-night I had 70 Posts, when I logged on today I had 65.
                  I did re-post the latest one that "up and vanished" from the Last Anime Completed thread,

What was the last anime series you completed watching??
                  Dec. 31th 12:45 AM #9263
                  Yona of the Dawn (parts 1&2)

Really enjoyed this one a lot!
                  I do hope they plan on finishing it up, it did leave me hankering for parts 3&4..
                  don't know if I'll go looking to see where the other 4 "up and vanished" from or not...

Any helpful insistence into this consent odd happening would be very welcomed

Comment

I can't connect using Firefox. For some reason, using Firefox, all I get is: "Waiting for Animenation.com..." Chrome connects nice and quick and I can connect to vB's forum without issue, it's just AN I have trouble with. This just started today BTW.
                    "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

I can't connect using Firefox. For some reason, using Firefox, all I get is: "Waiting for Animenation.com..." Chrome connects nice and quick and I can connect to vB's forum without issue, it's just AN I have trouble with. This just started today BTW.
                      When I clicked on Firefox to log onto the Net a minute ago, it paused and said it was loading up Firefox updates,
                      than it logged me on after....

Maybe you need the updates??

Comment

I haven't had issues, but I use Chrome. Do you always use Firefox? I tried it on Edge (*barf*) and it loaded fine.
                        AN's Alpha Female

Comment

When I clicked on Firefox to log onto the Net a minute ago, it paused and said it was loading up Firefox updates,
                          than it logged me on after....

Maybe you need the updates??
                          That's what I thought. I tried a couple of more times after updating, nada. After several minutes of "waiting" the connection would reset. Works fine now.

I haven't had issues, but I use Chrome. Do you always use Firefox? I tried it on Edge (*barf*) and it loaded fine.
                          I usually use Firefox for AN.

Comment

Nutmeg

I have a follow-up I forget to ask from our conversation in What anime have you watched today? Episode 2

You said:
                            When you first complained about this, another forum member looked it up and found that vBulletin was deleting posts on it's own accord. I looked into what I could and found no way to fix this. I cannot control the computer system.... I'm not that awesome.
                            1: What is vB looking at when it deletes my Posts?
                            2: Is it something that can also be manually entered into the System so than the System can than automatically delete it when it does it's thing ?

I have to ask since this is something that doesn't seem to be going away, and I think asking for a more detailed answer as to what the system is looking at
                            isn't out of order.

Thanks

edit;
                            And I've read on the Forum that plenty of people think you are awesome.

Comment

1. No idea.
                              2. I'm not a techy... No idea.
                              AN's Alpha Female

Comment

My Recent Posts isn't working for me. I can see my posts, but New Year's Eve is the newest shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X