Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to AnimeNation Welcome Thread for the Welcoming!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IchigoBleach19 View Post
    Hello AnnaLovesAnime! Yes, I enjoy watching Bleach and Death Note. I do, however, watch other animes, too! So, I enjoy watching a variety of different animes. Thank you for the warm welcome!

IchigoBleach19
    That's awesome! Do you have a favorite genre and/sub-genre?

Even though I am a Horror/Psychological Thriller fan (in addition to being an aspiring author, who writes her own short stories), I like Comedy, Romance, Drama, etc. from the Shonen, Shoujo, Seinen, and Josei demographics.

Also, I like some Shonen Ai, Yaoi, and Yuri.
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Have there been any more new posters joining, since earlier this week? Also, I have a question for some of our new posters. Did any of you discover AnimeNation through social media?

I ask because I have been trying to help spread the word on Facebook, as well as contacting a few dub voice actors like Yuri Lowenthal for example. Surprisingly, I was able to contact Yuri by e-mail and he helped by tweeting about this forum.
      Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
        Have there been any more new posters joining, since earlier this week?
        Mainly spambots.

You can see who's new if you go to the top of the page and click the Member List link. Then go down to the headers on the list itself and click on the Join Date header to sort the list by Join Date. Right at the moment, you should see that Amoeba is the latest member to join.

That's probably a spambot as well, but until it actually does something, we'll act on the side of caution. The latest batch of spambots like's to steal the text of another user's post, then use that text (plus some links) in its own reply to a topic. They won't usually make a lot of replies (two or three). If you see any of these, feel free to flag 'em. We'll do cleanup as soon as we get around to it.

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."

Comment

I like mostly Action, Supernatural, Suspense, and Mystery.

Comment

Have there been any more new posters joining, since earlier this week? Also, I have a question for some of our new posters. Did any of you discover AnimeNation through social media?
            I was looking around for some anime-related platforms. I don't do Facebook or even Twitter. Too much garbage on the site(s).

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnalEntity View Post
              I'm new here. Long time anime fan. I am excited to be a part of the community and I hope I can make a lot of great friends here.
              Welcome to the Forums... go forth and post...

Hello Anime fans from all over the world! Greetings to you from the US state of Indiana! I am fairly new here, and I came across this place because, I was looking for a great platform to meet new friends and converse about my favorite hobby - Anime!
              I started following it a year ago. But I do love watching Bleach, Death Note and Tiger & Bunny (just to name a few).
              I watch a lot of anime online, so I really enjoy watching and looking for new ones.
              If you have any questions...please do ask...

Thanks!

IchigoBleach19
              Welcome to the forums. I'm probably one of the few Bleach fans left.... although I'm more of a Shuuhei fan than I am a Bleach fan. Just remember 2 main things. 1. Shuuhei is not gay. 2. Shuuhei is mine. :D
              Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
              Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
              AN's Alpha Female

Join the AN discord: https://discord.gg/eY55AVc

Comment

I thought there are ways of making sure spambots don't sign up, such as a captcha system?

Comment

I was looking around for some anime-related platforms. I don't do Facebook or even Twitter. Too much garbage on the site(s).
                  Ah, I see. Honestly, I don't blame you for not using social media sites. I miss the old days of chatting with posters on forums about entertaining topics. If it weren't for the fact, that so many people are on social media sites and that entertainers/content creators must be on social media for exposure, I would not use it.

My life was happier before social media became the so-called "norm."

Nearly 2 years ago, I managed to find AnimeNation through Google. I'm kicking myself for not finding this forum much sooner.

I like mostly Action, Supernatural, Suspense, and Mystery.
                  Oh okay, cool. Which do you favor out of the 4?
                  Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
                  Welcome to the Forums... go forth and post...

Welcome to the forums. I'm probably one of the few Bleach fans left.... although I'm more of a Shuuhei fan than I am a Bleach fan. Just remember 2 main things. 1. Shuuhei is not gay. 2. Shuuhei is mine. :D
                  I still like Bleach but I'm also still saddened by the death of my Grimmjow.
                  Originally posted by Leader Desslock View Post
                  Mainly spambots.

You can see who's new if you go to the top of the page and click the Member List link. Then go down to the headers on the list itself and click on the Join Date header to sort the list by Join Date. Right at the moment, you should see that Amoeba is the latest member to join.

That's probably a spambot as well, but until it actually does something, we'll act on the side of caution. The latest batch of spambots like's to steal the text of another user's post, then use that text (plus some links) in its own reply to a topic. They won't usually make a lot of replies (two or three). If you see any of these, feel free to flag 'em. We'll do cleanup as soon as we get around to it.
                  Oh okay. This is good to know.

Last year, a spambot plagiarized my JoJo's Bizarre Adventure thread, which also had the links to my website's blogs in the thread. The moment I saw that copycat thread, I did indeed report it to the mods.
                  Last edited by Nutmeg; February 23rd, 2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Ah, I see. Honestly, I don't blame you for not using social media sites. I miss the old days of chatting with posters on forums about entertaining topics. If it weren't for the fact, that so many people are on social media sites and that entertainers/content creators must be on social media for exposure, I would not use it.
                    I miss the days where I talked more to people face-to-face offline.

A lot of people I know seem to use social media regularly and have a somewhat warped view of their self-importance.

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                      I miss the days where I talked more to people face-to-face offline.

A lot of people I know seem to use social media regularly and have a somewhat warped view of their self-importance.
                      I know, right? You can't even go to the restaurant, doctor's appointments, you name it, and there will be at least 1 person playing a video game on their damn cell phone. Otherwise, they're snapping their latest selfies for a bunch of likes on social media.

Comment

I know, right? You can't even go to the restaurant, doctor's appointments, you name it, and there will be at least 1 person playing a video game on their damn cell phone. Otherwise, they're snapping their latest selfies for a bunch of likes on social media.
                        For me it's like a disease that crossed a threshold and is now an epidemic.

To put it succinctly, I don't care how many friends/followers or likes someone has. Because that's a measure of popularity, not of character.
                        Last edited by radiator123; February 22nd, 2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime

I still like Bleach but I'm also still saddened by the death of my Grimmjow.
                          (MANGA SPOILERS)

"I'm actually great at debating, as I've been informally trained by 4chan and Something Awful"
                          Alex Decay

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                            For me it's like a disease that crossed a threshold and is now an epidemic.

To put it succinctly, I don't care how many friends/followers or likes someone. Because that's a measure of popularity, not of character.
                            That's really all it is. In fact, social media is an eternal version of high school online for those with a severe case of Peter Pan Syndrome.

In a way, I think I hate social media more than I hated high school.

However, the self-righteous "political activists" have exacerbated social media sites more so than the attention-seeking sluts, that upload selfies to be treated like fap material by thirsty creeps.

Comment

Meh, I only use Facebook for keeping in touch with cosplay friends, groups, and events in my immediate area. Yes, I share cosplay photos of myself from time to time, but I tend to keep those private along with the rest of my profile. I couldn't care less about the rest of what social media has to offer, and I try to stay as far away from pointless arguments as possible.
                              "I'm actually great at debating, as I've been informally trained by 4chan and Something Awful"
                              Alex Decay

Comment

I try avoiding politically divisive people as much as possible but they are inescapable today.

An old college friend/classmate who not only self-publishes her novels, but also works for ANN acts extremely biased and politically divisive.

Last month, I tried warning her that politics is bad for business and that it's best to remain apolitical. Surprisingly, she flew off the handle and said "F being apolitical!"

Normally, she is really meek and timid. Now, I'm starting to believe that so-called "Trump Derangement Syndrome" really does exist. LOL! It seems like more people are easily "triggered" by any and everything today.

Most people in entertainment fail to understand, much less care about the fact that being politically divisive and biased is a great way to repulse and alienate their fans and potential fans.

The political divisiveness, mean-spiritedness, and negativity biased contributed to me quitting my radio show 15 years ago.

Over the last 3-10 years, all this toxicity appears to have gotten worse. Nobody can watch or listen to movies, shows, and music without being preached to anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X