This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
    To be honest, I haven't got a clue how to actually do it in reality; I'm just floating the idea in the hope that somebody else with the technical skills, money and contacts can get it done (maybe Gene).
    I still have yet to get a response from Viz Media. Since they don't have an actual forum of their own, I mainly asked if they would help spread the word about AnimeNation.
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

If you haven't already done so, you may want to look into submitting the site's URL to Google for free. I already submitted AnimeNation to Digg.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/submit-URLs
      Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
        If you haven't already done so, you may want to look into submitting the site's URL to Google for free. I already submitted AnimeNation to Digg.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/submit-URLs
        Hmmm... for some odd reason, the site link doesn't want to link.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
          Thanks for the blurb, finally got around to creating a thread. Modified a bit and put it in the community forum since it feels more like a 'community' thing. I'll find the registration email and add it to that too.
          Yeah, thanks Gene - looks great! Being the pedant that I am, I just spotted a few typos:

* The "[link]" after "Introduction thread" can probably be removed.

* "(for the last few years it was part of rightstuf.com's website" is missing a right bracket.

Cheers!

Comment

Fixed typos, and the ref. to RS in the help page.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
              I don't see Plough coming back.... Gibb has a kid now so I think he's a little tied up. Haruhi is usually lurking the Video Games. She was on in January.
              Something must have happened when I was not on much for superplough to never want to come back. I understand Gibb being busy now with kids, but maybe someday he will come back. I saw Haruhi on today, so she still is here just not posting it seems.

I haven't been here much for the past couple of weeks due to a snow storm where I live and not even being able to go home for a few nights...has the traffic improved any during this time?

"T....thank you so much for saving me! It was so Dangerous back there" ~ Red Blood Cell AE3803

"No Need for thanks. I was only doing my job. .... Ah...well...you're welcome." ~ White Blood Cell U-1146

~ Cells At Work!

Comment

Have you guys thought about adding a Gold Membership or something like NeoGAF has? They charge $5 a month for a gold name, special title, and ad-removal. I would certainly give you my $5 if you would add a premium tier for the forum.

Comment

Hopefully, more new members like NocturnalEntity and IchigoBleach19 will join AnimeNation. We could really use more social activity on here.

If I can squeeze in more time to update my website's main page, I will try linking AnimeNation to it. ​​

Comment

Went ahead and used the Amazon link to order a couple of things. Hopefully it works and AN gets some kind of commission from it.

How long does something like that take to show up? Has anyone else used affiliate links yet?
                    Bring Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo to DVD

Comment

Originally posted by JTurner954 View Post
                      Went ahead and used the Amazon link to order a couple of things. Hopefully it works and AN gets some kind of commission from it.

How long does something like that take to show up? Has anyone else used affiliate links yet?
                      Hey, much appreciated! I just checked it but don't see anything (only 9 clicks since it was put up, not sure how long it takes to update. I'll check it tomorrow if I remember, probably needs to ship your order before it updates...

Comment

Hey, much appreciated! I just checked it but don't see anything (only 9 clicks since it was put up, not sure how long it takes to update. I'll check it tomorrow if I remember, probably needs to ship your order before it updates...
                        Checked it this morning, .45 commission! Must have been you!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
                          Hopefully, more new members like NocturnalEntity and IchigoBleach19 will join AnimeNation. We could really use more social activity on here.
                          Yes, I hope they stick around (haven't seen them for a while though), and I hope more sentient members sign up.

Also, it's good that a few of the old guard are back posting. But most of them seem to have deserted already after popping their heads in. To be honest, I kind of expected that - generally, if they weren't sticking around before, then they're not going to stick around now.

Anyways, forging a new path forwards takes effort and was never going to easy, so I'm ready for a long battle .

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                            Yes, I hope they stick around (haven't seen them for a while though), and I hope more sentient members sign up.

Also, it's good that a few of the old guard are back posting. But most of them seem to have deserted already after popping their heads in. To be honest, I kind of expected that - generally, if they weren't sticking around before, then they're not going to stick around now.

Anyways, forging a new path forwards takes effort and was never going to easy, so I'm ready for a long battle .
                            Yeah, I wonder why people always do that on sites.

It's like the moment there is an announcement, that a website/forum is about to shut down, people suddenly come running back. Then, they leave again. Why?

I can absolutely understand people being busy. However, I have noticed this pattern a lot over the last several years or so on more than 1 platform. It feels like they are only reappearing just to say they still exist.
                            Last edited by AnnaLovesAnime; March 1st, 2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Checked it this morning, .45 commission! Must have been you!
                              Glad it went through. Sounds like it's around 2.5% of what I ordered.
                              Bring Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo to DVD

Comment

Working...
                              X