This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

Would you do this in off-topic or make a new sub for intro threads?
    Wasn't there a thread like this before? Or maybe I"m confusing sites...
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

Wasn't there a thread like this before? Or maybe I"m confusing sites...
      We never had a thread that I know of.... but for my first few years, I never left the bleach sub.
      Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
      Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
      AN's Alpha Female

Join the AN discord: https://discord.gg/eY55AVc

Comment

Since the time Yuri Lowenthal tweeted about AnimeNation last week, has there been a slight increase in new members?

I haven't been online as much over the last few days and I'm curious. Hopefully more will join.
        Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
        Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Would you do this in off-topic or make a new sub for intro threads?
          I was thinking just a sticky thread in the off-topic subforums, so that new members can simultaneously post in the thread and be exposed to all the other fun stuff going on in that subforum.

I'm happy for you and the rest of the admin team here to write the blurb for such an intro thread, but if you really want me to, I can write one.

Comment

Been busy last couple days, I like the idea of a welcome thread, I'll make one and link to it tomorrow. Maybe listing mods/admins is a good idea? Anyone know the mod list of top of your head, or I can not be lazy and go look at the permissions... Feel free to submit a 'welcome blurb' if you want

Only 4 new registrations since Feb 1 (wow) but user activity has picked up this month a bit, so there's that. We'll have to give it a little time I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
              Been busy last couple days, I like the idea of a welcome thread, I'll make one and link to it tomorrow. Maybe listing mods/admins is a good idea? Anyone know the mod list of top of your head, or I can not be lazy and go look at the permissions... Feel free to submit a 'welcome blurb' if you want

Only 4 new registrations since Feb 1 (wow) but user activity has picked up this month a bit, so there's that. We'll have to give it a little time I guess.
              Admin - Gene, Leader Desslcok, DocWatson, Gibb, Superplough (although I think we can remove Plough as an admin)

Mods - Bernard_Monsha, Haruhi, Shiroiyuki, Lemina, Nutmeg

I think that's most of them...

Since we're not part of RS, can we removed shawnek as an admin?
              AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Has anyone tried advertising AnimeNation on other sites like a news aggregator such as Digg?

Last week, I submitted our URL to Digg. There are other aggregators you can submit to as well.

Lately, I have been thinking about contacting some public figures, who like Anime. For example, Tim Ferris. Maybe I can contact him.

Comment

Thanks Gene; here's my attempt at a blurb, which you are free to use or throw in the bin:

"Imagine a place where you can converse with intelligent, empathetic netizens oozing with charisma. Imagine a place where you have the freedom to express all your heart's desires to a caring online family full of love and warmth, nurtured over two full decades of intense bonding. Imagine a place with cutting-edge infrastructure designed to tap into your creative capacities and help you achieve your unique self-realization. Imagine... Animenation. Life, death, and anime in between. "

Just kidding! Here's my actual blurb:

"Welcome to Animenation forums!

These forums were founded about two decades ago to support an online retail store selling anime. The retail store eventually ceased to operate, but the forums have continued to survive until today. During this journey, there were many fun discussions on anime as well as on other topics, and we aim to maintain this spirit for many years to come. We hope you will join the fun and become a valued long-term member of AN forums. For starters, you could post a short (or long) introduction about yourself in this Introduction thread [link]. The AN community looks forward to meeting you!

Gene and the rest of the Admin and Moderating team"

That's actually pretty impressive, given that before, new registrations were so slow to come that the number of active members was actually decreasing.

Admin - Gene, Leader Desslcok, DocWatson, Gibb, Superplough (although I think we can remove Plough as an admin)

Mods - Bernard_Monsha, Haruhi, Shiroiyuki, Lemina, Nutmeg
                  Haven't seen Gibb, Plough or Haruhi for yonks... now would be a good time for them to come back.

Comment

I don't see Plough coming back.... Gibb has a kid now so I think he's a little tied up. Haruhi is usually lurking the Video Games. She was on in January.
                    AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                      Thanks Gene; here's my attempt at a blurb, which you are free to use or throw in the bin:

"Imagine a place where you can converse with intelligent, empathetic netizens oozing with charisma. Imagine a place where you have the freedom to express all your heart's desires to a caring online family full of love and warmth, nurtured over two full decades of intense bonding. Imagine a place with cutting-edge infrastructure designed to tap into your creative capacities and help you achieve your unique self-realization. Imagine... Animenation. Life, death, and anime in between. "

Just kidding! Here's my actual blurb:

"Welcome to Animenation forums!

These forums were founded about two decades ago to support an online retail store selling anime. The retail store eventually ceased to operate, but the forums have continued to survive until today. During this journey, there were many fun discussions on anime as well as on other topics, and we aim to maintain this spirit for many years to come. We hope you will join the fun and become a valued long-term member of AN forums. For starters, you could post a short (or long) introduction about yourself in this Introduction thread [link]. The AN community looks forward to meeting you!

Gene and the rest of the Admin and Moderating team"
                      Ooh! I really like both blurbs. Sounds great for a commercial! Speaking of, maybe we should look into having a commercial like Crunchyroll.

Comment

I don't see Plough coming back.... Gibb has a kid now so I think he's a little tied up. Haruhi is usually lurking the Video Games. She was on in January.
                        It's good that Gibb has a kid now, but that doesn't mean he can't use the Internet now and again. I mean, are we going to wait until his kid grows up before he comes back? That could take years!

Aha, so I see that Haruhi is indeed lurking.

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
                        Ooh! I really like both blurbs. Sounds great for a commercial! Speaking of, maybe we should look into having a commercial like Crunchyroll.
                        Yeah, we could do a little skit together! For example, a bunch of us looking super-bored and not knowing what to do, and then our eyes lighting up with sheer unadulterated joy as we log onto Animenation. And then the catchphrase zooms onto the screen: "Life. Death. Anime in Between." It'd be wicked awesome. The theme tune could be the Beatles' classic "With a Little Help From My Friends".

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                          Yeah, we could do a little skit together! For example, a bunch of us looking super-bored and not knowing what to do, and then our eyes lighting up with sheer unadulterated joy as we log onto Animenation. And then the catchphrase zooms onto the screen: "Life. Death. Anime in Between." It'd be wicked awesome. The theme tune could be the Beatles' classic "With a Little Help From My Friends".
                          How would it be recorded? Does AnimeNation have its own YouTube Channel?
                          ​​​​​​
                          Since I don't know much of anyone outside of the forum and don't have the proper equipment to record much of anything, I don't know how I can help in that regard.

So far, I have been trying to get in contact with voice actors, dubbing companies, and some Anime communities on social media to help spread the word about AnimeNation.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
                            How would it be recorded? Does AnimeNation have its own YouTube Channel?
                            To be honest, I haven't got a clue how to actually do it in reality; I'm just floating the idea in the hope that somebody else with the technical skills, money and contacts can get it done (maybe Gene).

Comment

Thanks for the blurb, finally got around to creating a thread. Modified a bit and put it in the community forum since it feels more like a 'community' thing. I'll find the registration email and add it to that too.

Comment

Thanks Gene!
                                AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Working...
                                X