This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gene View Post

No idea on the blogs, not sure customizing is the problem there but I'll take a look. When stacked up against other blog services is it even worth it? Guess it doesn't hurt to leave them on.
    The blog services are fine. It's just that hardly anyone uses it or reads them. It's a little discouraging when hardly anyone reads what you are writing. Is there a way to make them available for non members to read maybe?
    Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
    "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Didn't realize they weren't I'll look at the settings!

Just looked, I can still see them when logged out. Problem may be that it defaults to showing the new posts screen, at the 'last month' setting. And there haven't been any in the last month, so you don't see any posts unless you go to all blogs or change the dropdown. Not sure if those default settings can be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
        Didn't realize they weren't I'll look at the settings!

Just looked, I can still see them when logged out. Problem may be that it defaults to showing the new posts screen, at the 'last month' setting. And there haven't been any in the last month, so you don't see any posts unless you go to all blogs or change the dropdown. Not sure if those default settings can be changed.
        Another idea is to add a "blog" icon next to the avatars of members with blogs. So that there's a convenient link if you want to check out the blog of somebody you're talking to.

Comment

I can't zoom in anymore when I use my ipad.... which means it's way more difficult to hit the icon next to the thread title to load at the newest post.... the only difference is the pateron banner. Is there something we can do to fix this?

Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
          Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
          AN's Alpha Female

Join the AN discord: https://discord.gg/eY55AVc

Comment

Don't think anything's changed. Maybe try liquid instead of fixed width in the themes?

I can zoom in on posts on my phone, but not main forums or main page.

Comment

Just tried that... still can't zoom.
              AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
                Just tried that... still can't zoom.
                Try now, got rid of sidebar / banners.

Comment

Yes. It works now. Thanks Gene!
                  AN's Alpha Female

Comment

I'm surprised that much of anyone on AnimeNation blogged. Before joining AnimeNation, I already had my own website with blogs. Normally, I would share them in my AnimeNation thread.

Like I already said, with my hectic schedule mostly offline, I haven't had much time to publish another blog.

Earlier this morning, I was in the middle of updating previously published blogs, that I want to link to my website's main page. There are at least 8 blogs that still need to be updated, before linking them to my home page.

Even though I still try to remain active on AnimeNation, this is probably the most that I have posted on here in a long time.
                    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Ok. Since you guys are looking for affiliates, I sent an email to these guys to see if they'd bite: https://otakumode.com/shop
                      Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                      In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

What would you want from an affiliate?
                        Avatar - Lotte the Succubus. Vampires need blood to survive. Succubi need another fluid from men.
                        "The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive." -Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                          Ok. Since you guys are looking for affiliates, I sent an email to these guys to see if they'd bite: https://otakumode.com/shop
                          Ooh! Nice.
                          Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns Cartoon Sunday: Horror Anime Reviews Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

In terms of getting new members to post, maybe a thread where they could introduce themselves would be a good idea.

So when a new member signs up, they'd get a message with a link to the thread, encouraging them to introduce themselves. This could help ease them into the community. And in the message there could also be some blurb about AN forums - its culture and its history.

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
                              In terms of getting new members to post, maybe a thread where they could introduce themselves would be a good idea.

So when a new member signs up, they'd get a message with a link to the thread, encouraging them to introduce themselves. This could help ease them into the community. And in the message there could also be some blurb about AN forums - its culture and its history.
                              Would you do this in off-topic or make a new sub for intro threads?
                              AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post
                                Would you do this in off-topic or make a new sub for intro threads?
                                Even though it has been a long time since I last posted on another Anime forum, they have a sub-forum specifically for new fans. It's basically a Welcome Committee where new posters introduce themselves. The moderators and admin also create ice breaker threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X