Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on life and whatnot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post
    Ok, I can't delete it, so I've made a new account to reflect who I am these days. Closest I can do. What do you all think?
    Not that I've been a part of AnimeNation that long (I joined last May), but I saw nothing wrong with your original name.

    I only created new names for myself on a forum, when trolls slandered and cyber stalked me and/ after getting banned for fighting with trolls.

    Otherwise, I normally tried keeping the same name.
    Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
    Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

      Not that I've been a part of AnimeNation that long (I joined last May), but I saw nothing wrong with your original name.

      I only created new names for myself on a forum, when trolls slandered and cyber stalked me and/ after getting banned for fighting with trolls.

      Otherwise, I normally tried keeping the same name.
      It's not that it's a bad name. It's just one that has 20 years of baggage tied to it for me that I'm moving forward from. Time for a change for me.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post
        It's not that it's a bad name. It's just one that has 20 years of baggage tied to it for me that I'm moving forward from. Time for a change for me.
        Ah, I understand.
        Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
        Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

          Ah, I understand.
          Also, late welcome then. These people are kind of a secondary family with how long I've been a member, on and off again. There's a few people that may still be here that eat souls, so beware. Ha

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post
            Ok, I can't delete it, so I've made a new account to reflect who I am these days. Closest I can do. What do you all think?
            You canít delete youíre account. You can talk to an admin to change your screen name....so like Gibb could do that for you.
            Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
            Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple
            AN's Alpha Female

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

              You canít delete youíre account. You can talk to an admin to change your screen name....so like Gibb could do that for you.
              Naw. This works fine. I have an email specifically for social stuff like forums and whatnot. Easier to just trash that email than worry about anything else. Ha

              ​​​​​​Also, how are your teaching stuff and hubby these days?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Draygera View Post

                I never was. A messenger and courier are different. A messenger can deliver legal documents and telegrams.

                I deliver on foot now since I can't afford a new bike and I'm faster on foot these days.
                Ah, OK then.

                Originally posted by Draygera View Post
                For example: bread costs are rising, so I'm baking my own these days when I need some. Buying ingredients in bulk (within reason) costs a decent amount up front, but I haven't had to buy any bread in almost 2 months now because of it. And it's fun to beat the hell out of some dough.
                You have to weigh the costs and benefits with bulk food. Can you use the ingredients before they go bad? Is the flour in an insect-proof container?
                "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post
                  Also, late welcome then. These people are kind of a secondary family with how long I've been a member, on and off again. There's a few people that may still be here that eat souls, so beware. Ha
                  Sorry for the delayed response. Over the last 3 days, I have been really busy both on and offline. I just managed to publish a new blog a few hours ago and will post it in my main thread.

                  For the most part, I don't have problems with most of the remaining posters on AnimeNation.

                  However, there are at least 2 that have given me a hard time, since the time of joining last year. It's mostly personality clashes over my views and interests regarding certain Anime genres, how to watch it, etc.

                  Besides dealing with a hectic schedule offline, I had to take a break from posting on AnimeNation earlier this month.

                  I don't have the time, energy, and patience to deal with childish fights for not praising a certain fanbase's damn cartoon. You know? There are too many things happening right now.
                  Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
                  Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post

                    Also, late welcome then. These people are kind of a secondary family with how long I've been a member, on and off again. There's a few people that may still be here that eat souls, so beware. Ha
                    I like to bbq them myself....and bathe in the blood of young otaku. Keeps me young XD
                    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Jatz View Post

                      You have to weigh the costs and benefits with bulk food. Can you use the ingredients before they go bad? Is the flour in an insect-proof container?
                      Definitely. I use the flour up quickly and buy multiple 2 pound bags at a time. Each one is just under 1 loaf of bread, so worth it.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

                        Sorry for the delayed response. Over the last 3 days, I have been really busy both on and offline. I just managed to publish a new blog a few hours ago and will post it in my main thread.

                        For the most part, I don't have problems with most of the remaining posters on AnimeNation.

                        However, there are at least 2 that have given me a hard time, since the time of joining last year. It's mostly personality clashes over my views and interests regarding certain Anime genres, how to watch it, etc.

                        Besides dealing with a hectic schedule offline, I had to take a break from posting on AnimeNation earlier this month.

                        I don't have the time, energy, and patience to deal with childish fights for not praising a certain fanbase's damn cartoon. You know? There are too many things happening right now.
                        This is why I'm staying off most social media. That, and like you, I got more stuff to deal with that any major blowups online is an instant eject notice for me now.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

                          I like to bbq them myself....and bathe in the blood of young otaku. Keeps me young XD
                          I love you too, sensei. XD

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by ADerpyAnimeDerg View Post
                            This is why I'm staying off most social media. That, and like you, I got more stuff to deal with that any major blowups online is an instant eject notice for me now.
                            Honestly, it has gotten to the point that being online is not as fun as it used to be.

                            There are too many people, who are easily offended and have chips on their shoulders about everything. That's not including the egos.

                            Whether it's in public or online, the whole "I'm right and you're wrong" BS is sickening to watch, listen, and read 24/7. There are bigger problems we have to worry about, while some choose to live their lives in bubbles.
                            Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
                            Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I'm getting full time hours at work, and I'm crushing on a vendor that works with phones. And, I'm sadly one of those obvious types that openly shows his emotions. Ha

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X