Update on life and whatnot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on life and whatnot

Don't expect a lot from me on here these days, but it's been exactly 7 months since I've moved to Austin. I'm still here and alive.

Currently, I work near full time for Wal-Mart in electronics. It's been 12 years since I last worked there. So much has changed. I've been off the tech grid for the most part lately, and that's been my biggest weakness up there. That and being honest about it during sales pitches.

I'm also 30 years old now. Holy hell, I didn't expect to hit that quite yet. My birthday plans consist of working, eating and sleeping. I also got my haircut and dyed it reddish brown for first time. Next month, I plan on getting contacts. Thinking of getting green ones to contrast with my hair. XD

After coming here, I haven't experienced that much of what Austin has to offer in terms of partying, events, etc, but that's not why I'm here. I moved here to either grow or become homeless, whichever came first, and so far, I've been growing. Unlike most people that come here, I've been taking my days slow, sleeping as much as needed, and writing quite a bit lately. The back to school clearance sales were the perfect time to stock up on journals and pens, so I've been writing down my thoughts almost daily as a coping mechanism; part of growing is digging through my thoughts and emotions and letting my past pain boil up to the surface and go. Anyone else agree with that?

I've also discovered that I have a growing love of architecture. When I can, I just sit and take in buildings in random locations and kind of find peace in listening to the sounds and feels of them and everything around them. That's why I'm starting to invest and save money where able. I plan on getting into UT in the next 5 years for architecture. That just requires me paying off my previous school debts and pretty drastic spending changes, but I know I can do it!!!

I'm also a dragonkin (pretty similar to a furry, but after hanging around the furry community a bit, I consider myself distinctly different). My soul is that of a massive dragon (think planet sized) in a tiny human cage. Whenever something no longer benefits me and my healing, I burn it down and never look back. I also fill space with my presence when I choose to like a giant dragon would with their coils. Austin is the first place I've been to that's big enough to not suffocate me everywhere I go.
    Sometimes to combat Chaos, one must embrace the darkness.

I'm glad you're doing well, bb...
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Happy birthday! Enjoy your 30s and keep up on doing what's good for you. =)
      I couldn’t help but ask
      For you to say it all again.
      I tried to write it down
      But I could never find a pen.
      I’d give anything to hear
      You say it one more time,
      That the universe was made
      Just to be seen by my eyes

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Thanks, both of you. Also, Taleen, you ever solve your pervy thought problem? Blue Popo is watching you. Lol

Comment

Bish, plz! I'm Saint Taleen.
          I couldn’t help but ask
          For you to say it all again.
          I tried to write it down
          But I could never find a pen.
          I’d give anything to hear
          You say it one more time,
          That the universe was made
          Just to be seen by my eyes

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Come to Austin. We'll see how much of a Saint you are then!!!

Comment

So, you're no longer a messenger?
              "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

Normally, as we get older, our priorities are bound to change.

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday! Hopefully, you were able to enjoy it!
                Visit my website It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns
                Are There Really Social Media Sites For Anime Fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Jatz View Post
                  So, you're no longer a messenger?
                  I never was. A messenger and courier are different. A messenger can deliver legal documents and telegrams.

I deliver on foot now since I can't afford a new bike and I'm faster on foot these days.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post
                    Normally, as we get older, our priorities are bound to change.

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday! Hopefully, you were able to enjoy it!
                    Amen to the first part. And thanks. I did. Through a rebate app, I got a free single serve cake today

Comment

Originally posted by Draygera View Post
                      Amen to the first part. And thanks. I did. Through a rebate app, I got a free single serve cake today
                      Ooh! Nice!

As for what I said earlier, you have those who fail to understand that when we are younger, we have all the free time to have fun and do whatever we want, whenever we want.

As we get older, have more responsibilities, and bills to pay, responsibilities and bills take precedence over fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLovesAnime View Post

Ooh! Nice!

As for what I said earlier, you have those who fail to understand that when we are younger, we have all the free time to have fun and do whatever we want, whenever we want.

As we get older, have more responsibilities, and bills to pay, responsibilities and bills take precedence over fun time.
                        Yup. And goals change too. By the time I'm 40 years old, I'm looking to get out of debt completely and have the start of my real career. I'm spending much of my time learning how to invest smartly and saving where able.

For example: bread costs are rising, so I'm baking my own these days when I need some. Buying ingredients in bulk (within reason) costs a decent amount up front, but I haven't had to buy any bread in almost 2 months now because of it. And it's fun to beat the hell out of some dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Draygera View Post
                          Yup. And goals change too. By the time I'm 40 years old, I'm looking to get out of debt completely and have the start of my real career. I'm spending much of my time learning how to invest smartly and saving where able.
                          Those are nice goals to have. Hopefully, you are able to accomplish those goals.

Comment

Thanks for the good and bad times and putting up with my nonsense sometimes. Part of my healing process is killing off Draygera as a concept and presence online. This is the final place of value I go by that name at (outside of Steam and online gaming accounts). I think it's time to delete this account.

Comment

Ok, I can't delete it, so I've made a new account to reflect who I am these days. Closest I can do. What do you all think?

Comment

Working...
                              X