And I thought this place was long dead!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought this place was long dead!

I used to be a mod here back in the early 2000ís, back when this place was really booming. I remember falling away from here around 2004 or so. I remember coming back at some point and seeing the forum just... gone. So, i resigned myself to thinking that it was truly gone forever.
    Earlier, I was reading a thread on Reddit about Internet white whales, stuff that you canít find online anymore. This place came to mind and I wondered if I could find remnants of it. Well, here it is, much to my surprise. Noticed that my old username (Maikeru) was taken, so this is the closest I could get. Had some good memories of this place and itís quite the nostalgic bomb seeing it up and running again.

Come to find out, my old name isnít taken... my old account is still there. Well damn! I tried to recover it with my email address but I may had been using an email address that I donít use anymore. :/

Comment

Well, looks whoís back!
      feh...

Comment

Lol welcome back! Do you talk to yourself a lot?

Which of the older members of here do you remember?
        She didn't want to be beautiful

She only wanted to create beautiful things

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Well, I posted too early before trying out old passwords!
          I donít even know if Iíd even recognize half the active names here. Itís been THAT long!
          feh...

Comment

Holy cow... welcome back! Why did you leave, and what adventures have you experienced around cyberspace/in real life? I've browsed some Reddit threads before, but it often feels like people there are trying too hard to sound clever. Or maybe it's just the selection that I've read.

Anyways, you should post more and start some discussion around here... we need all the new and old blood we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Maikeru View Post
              Well, I posted too early before trying out old passwords!
              I donít even know if Iíd even recognize half the active names here. Itís been THAT long!

There is still some of that old members come around, say names if you remember any, maybe some of them still here.
              She didn't want to be beautiful

She only wanted to create beautiful things

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Welcome back AN had a major update a few years back, so not sure if that was when you thought it was gone. Before that we had some other issues that made AN go down for hours or days at a time (I think that was the reason for the update).
                "T....thank you so much for saving me! It was so Dangerous back there" ~ Red Blood Cell AE3803

"No Need for thanks. I was only doing my job. .... Ah...well...you're welcome." ~ White Blood Cell U-1146

~ Cells At Work!

Comment

shawnek said the database was hacked several times and that was the reason for the protracted upgrade. I'm guessing that's why we had so many problems before. I don't know of any current issues.
                  "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

Erm... you're allowed to reply to us Maikeru... I mean, you might not know us personally, but we're all part of the AN community, right?

I'm beginning to think that welcoming old members back and trying to engage with them actually has the reverse effect for some reason. For example, me and SapperSix welcomed Holy Knight back but then he ran away faster than Usain Bolt on drugs. Before that, I welcomed katayokuのtenshi back but he sneaked away soon enough.

Comment

Sorry, itís been a busy week! Didnít mean to post and run. What you guys said about coming in when the forums were down for update was probably exactly what happened when I tried to come back initially.

As for people I used to know: Gatomon, Invader Zim, Sharp-kun, Bravejaf, PMASkater, Azrael, Anne Kitty, Jae Hoon, and Rayeshi just to name a few...
                      feh...

Comment

^ I haven't seen any of them around anymore unfortunately. From past threads, I think Gatomon, Sharp-kun and Jae Hoon were around most recently, but have long disappeared. Maybe they'll come pop their heads around again, like yourself.

Comment

Even RS staff abandoned us.
                          "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

Originally posted by Jatz View Post
                            Even RS staff abandoned us.
                            Yes, technically this is now the AN/Right Stuf forums, but because both the RS staff and members seem to have disappeared, I guess de facto we're still AN forums.

We're good at driving away people!

Comment

So, we have zero RS forum members left?

Comment

Working...
                              X