Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you listen closely in the desert, you can hear a 'kyaa'!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you listen closely in the desert, you can hear a 'kyaa'!

Hello AN friends, seems i missed the where the heck is everyone thread. Well, ive been traveling through half the US in my campervan. Like forest gump ive gone from one side to the other.

Im currently in the middle of the desert. If i can get a signal, its usually not enough for streaming, and its painful. How long before my backlog dies?!

I should have downloaded more!

Anyway, take heart in knowing that somewhere out there in the world, maybe right near you, is a fat guy living in a van watching cartoons of japanese schoolgirls.

Representing us all proudly.

​​​​​​​

Oh man, I wondered why you just disappeared lol. I'm glad you're doing okay. Road tripping across the US in a camper sounds like a super fun adventure!

Welcome back to AN
    My Pokťmon brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?"
    Damn right, I wanna trade cards
    I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

Good to read that you're doing well, Dazar! Hope you're enjoying your trip!
      “First, I’m going to use you as a human shield. Then I’m going to kill this guard...and then, I was thinking about breaking your neck.”
      ---Harry Tasker, True Lies
      Avatar: Miia, Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls
      Anime watched in 2017: 173 episodes (65 shows: 59 watching, 6 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

Its been a blast! My pace has slowed (aka im broke till my camphosting job this summer in the high sierras) so more anime watching lately which lead me to think of this place :D

Do miss unlimited internet and crunchyroll tho.

Comment

Holy shit, you're alive!

Welcome back

Comment

I don't know why but after reading this thread I wanna listen to Somewhere over the Rainbow song 0.o

Welcome back! Hope you having fun! =)
            And I think to myself what a wonderful world.​​​​​​~
            Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D

Comment

Welcome Back! Don't be a stranger.

Anywhere interesting that you've visited?
              Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
              Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D
              AN's Alpha Female

Comment

And, more importantly, did you buy postcards or take pictures from all the places you visited?
                “First, I’m going to use you as a human shield. Then I’m going to kill this guard...and then, I was thinking about breaking your neck.”
                ---Harry Tasker, True Lies
                Avatar: Miia, Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls
                Anime watched in 2017: 173 episodes (65 shows: 59 watching, 6 completed, 0 dropped)

Comment

I did, although when i try to use the image thing here it locks up the browser on my phone. I keep a blog at www.vanlifecrisis.com tho i admit im behind quite a bit.

Some of my favorite places have been savanna, ga (the city is like a beautiful painting) and panama city beach, fl with its white sands and clear aquamarine waters. Ive been to a hot springs in california, but the lack of cute japanese girls was disappointing.

My least fav places have been myrtle beach, sc (scummy tourist trap) and new orleans (too ghetto).

Ive traveled on the stringiest of shoe string budgets (i spent a total of 10$ for camping and attractions), tho in the future i hope to go to more national parks and things that i couldnt afford on my trip out west.

I think kino's philosophy of staying only 3 days in one spot is a good one. Im currently in one general area for a couple months, and its not as enjoyable as moving on after a few days.
                  Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 14th, 2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Welcome back to your AN brethren! Great to see people coming in literally from the desert.

How did you decide upon traveling around the U.S. by camper van??

Comment

Got tired of paying rent for house i didnt use, and wanted the freedom and security of being able to leave and go where i wanted. I wanted to know id be ok even if i lost my job, or a disaster struck.

so i moved into a van i made into a self contained camper. Lived and worked like that for about 3 years in mountains of west virginia. Then decided, why not do the same while making interesting memories elsewhere. Kinda tired of my job which i never missed a day of work for 10yrs.

Comment

I think doing something that would be great. It would be worth taking a sabbatical to travel like that.

Comment

Yep, my plan is to work 6months of the year as a camp host, then travel the other 6. My cost of living is so low, this it possible even while spending funds traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by DazarGaidin View Post
                            I did, although when i try to use the image thing here it locks up the browser on my phone. I keep a blog at www.vanlifecrisis.com tho i admit im behind quite a bit.

Some of my favorite places have been savanna, ga (the city is like a beautiful painting) and panama city beach, fl with its white sands and clear aquamarine waters. Ive been to a hot springs in california, but the lack of cute japanese girls was disappointing.

My least fav places have been myrtle beach, sc (scummy tourist trap) and new orleans (too ghetto).

Ive traveled on the stringiest of shoe string budgets (i spent a total of 10$ for camping and attractions), tho in the future i hope to go to more national parks and things that i couldnt afford on my trip out west.

I think kino's philosophy of staying only 3 days in one spot is a good one. Im currently in one general area for a couple months, and its not as enjoyable as moving on after a few days.
                            Buddy if Panama City is what you thought a nice Florida beach looked like you are severely missing out. I live about an hour and half west of there in Pensacola and I know the Gulf Coast in these parts like the back of my hand. Next time you hit up this part of the country find a way to contact me and I will show you what a true beautiful sugar sand beach looks like.
                            "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

Well i had a meetup in arizona, so i couldnt check em all out. But i might take you up on that next time im over there!

I camped out escribano point not to far from Pensacola and it was lovely, tho not much of a beach.

Ive also been to some east coast fl beaches but i dont think they are as pretty.

Comment

Working...
                              X