What happened while I was away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened while I was away

So this is interesting. Would anyone care to fill me in on what happened with the switch over and everything? I've been off living life and shit, but thought I would come back and see what's going on around here.
    ...our species would be no better or worse if Europeans literally didn't exist
    ~ Alex Decay 2014

We, the AN family, had a fairly decent holiday period with a number of festive threads, including the traditional AN Awards (hosted by Nutmeg and A Dead Spy), Secret Santa (hosted by Sazae), and a special Christmas appeal for missing members (hosted by me). As is apparent from the latter thread, some long-term members are still AWOL for apparently no reason and these deserters owe us an explanation big-time, but a few previously missing members have returned after the New Year (Superplough, Lemina, old hat, you).

Nutmeg has been promoted to S-mod status and Sazae has been promoted to Admin status, heralding a new epoch called the ''Nutaezoic''. These guys are now working hard behind the scenes to implement changes to improve the functionality of the forums, and together with the core of active members still present, we will strive to make these forums irresistible for old and new members alike.

You've certainly returned at a time full of promise and hope - a critical juncture in the history of AN/Right Stuf forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Justinian View Post
      So this is interesting. Would anyone care to fill me in on what happened with the switch over and everything? I've been off living life and ****, but thought I would come back and see what's going on around here.
      Oh right as you last Posted a bunch of us from the Anime Today Forum aka: Rightstuf Forum came here after that Forum closed.
      A bunch of "new" people have a join date April 2015, but now even some of them have been missing for a while.

AN was taken over by Rightstuf and a massive upgrade was done.
      Even now you see the lingering effects of that change.

But now sazae and Nutmeg are on the Case
      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Justinian View Post
        So this is interesting. Would anyone care to fill me in on what happened with the switch over and everything? I've been off living life and ****, but thought I would come back and see what's going on around here.
        Right Stuf has adopted us.

Comment

The best explanation is here... https://www.animenation.com/forum/an...spionage-agent
          Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
          Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D
          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Sandra Bullock fell in love with your younger brother Jack.

BWBODDY : RS didn't take over the forums! The title is still AN ..RS members are refugees.
            Last edited by Taleen; January 8th, 2017, 04:12 PM.
            May you sail far to the far fields of fortune ~

Comment

Originally posted by radiator123 View Post
              these deserters owe us an explanation big-time
              Pffft while I miss a lot of them no-one "owes" this place anything, people move on with their lives and the anime forum they joined that died completely during a botched take-over and has been resurrected as less than a shell of its former self ceases to be a priority

Comment

^ I disagree with the take over part ...it's still AN! u.u

Comment

Originally posted by Taleen View Post
                  Sandra Bullock fell in love with your younger brother Jack.

BWBODDY : RS didn't take over the forums! The title is still AN ..RS members are refugees.
                  Right! Animenation took over rightstuf's forum.
                  Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
                  AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
                    massive upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Taleen View Post
                      ^ I disagree with the take over part ...it's still AN! u.u
                      Sorry, I should have worded it differently, I meant more the botched server transfer and "upgrade" to vb5

Comment

*nods* Thanks, Sir! That is a waaay better said. :3

Comment

Originally posted by superplough View Post

Sorry, I should have worded it differently, I meant more the botched server transfer and "upgrade" to vb5
                          Come on you don't like everything in vb 5 saying it is incompatible with 95% of the stuff that transferred over and nothing looking or functioning at all like it used to?
                          "I dont believe any of these things and I dont want to be agreed with about them All Im asking is that we take a look at this information, and lets see if we cant disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

Qeez .... Why do I even bother :"

Comment

Originally posted by sazae View Post

Come on you don't like everything in vb 5 saying it is incompatible with 95% of the stuff that transferred over and nothing looking or functioning at all like it used to?
                              At some point you'll probably say '**** it' and want to use a different type of forum software.
                              Lads, we're getting this ship underway - Cassin Young
                              Muh Figures

Comment

Working...
                              X