Announcement

Collapse

Mature Discussion Forums Warning

This forum category contains material of an adult nature including, but not necessarily limited to, graphic depictions of sexuality and intense violence that may be highly offensive to some members. Only consenting adults over the age of 18 may access or view the threads in this forum. Misrepresenting your age in order to access these pages not only violate local, state and national laws, but it will also get you banned from the forums.



See also the thread ***BEFORE YOU POST***: Reminder Sticky About Pornographic Links and Images: DON'T!
See more
See less

yaoi or yuri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sora N
    I even wish that they would make all yuri hentai series/OVA’s; however, it seems that they don’t like making all yuri hentai like they do for yaoi…instead they just have a lot of girl-on-girl scenes mixed-in within the straight (heterosexual) hentai.
    I've always thought this was a very interesting and odd thing about Japan. In the US (not sure about other countries but I am assuming it is quite popular in some) lesbian porn (or hentai) is very popular with straight males and bi/lesbian girls. I even heard of some straight girls getting enjoyment out of it too.
    But gay porn isn't nearly as popular. In the American anime fandom yaoi is certainly popular, of course. But the only people you see interested in gay porn is simply gay men, from what I have heard.

    Japan seems to be the opposite. You see far more yaoi and guy on guy. A lot of popular male pop idols engage in guyxguy activities (not overtly sexual, but enough to tease) whereas I don't see this much with female idols.

    Japan really seems to love their adult industry and I am just really surprised that there isn't more lesbian entertainment. Then again, they seem to be less fond of lesbians than gay men due to sexism that is still somewhat prominent in their society. Or at least, that is what I have heard from yuri fans.

    Or maybe I'm wrong. But it's interesting that it's pretty unpopular there where it's pretty much the opposite everywhere else.

    It sucks for you yuri fans. I sympathize.
    Last edited by DazzleKitty; November 8th, 2010, 03:10 AM.
    Meow Meow
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

    Comment


    • Yaoi, hands down.
      (I'd rather be in yuri than watch/read it hehehe)

      Comment


      • I prefer Yuri

        Comment


        • I honestly like both, but yaoi will always reign supreme to me. There simply are not very many good yuri titles out there, while yaoi has many upon many great titles. Yeah, I like the sex in yaoi, it's obviously more hardcore than in yuri, but there are also plenty of stories that are more shonen-ai/fluffy/soft and even the ones that aren't, don't ALWAYS JUST focus on the sex. There's a lot of relationship stuff going on too (...often followed by sex, but come on why not?).
          My Collections: Anime+ | Japanese Merch
          Avatar: Nitori Aiichirou - Free!

          Comment


          • Yuri only for me, please.
            "The world can be a scary place."

            Comment


            • Oh yes, it's Yuri for me

              Comment


              • I prefer sheep...


                Hey, this IS Amish country here, you know... lol.
                .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                  I prefer sheep...


                  Hey, this IS Amish country here, you know... lol.


                  Welp, that explains a lot about you We know what u be doing in Lancaster!


                  *is not too far from cows*



                  Yuri has better storylines than what I've seen in yaoi...though recently some yaoi titles, like Ten Count, are actually better than the shojo romances I've seen.


                  Avatar: Izuminokami Kanesada

                  Comment


                  • This part of the forum has been dead for years.....nice to see some discussion for once.

                    I like both, but like yaoi more. Its more gratifying.
                    Meow Meow
                    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                    ~Mahatma Ghandi

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
                      This part of the forum has been dead for years.....nice to see some discussion for once.

                      I like both, but like yaoi more. Its more gratifying.
                      That's because yuri is all about drama, drama, and more drama. I really can't get into yuri anymore....I have always preferred yaoi (there is a lot more comedy, action, mixed with drama) I loved FAKE! My all time favorite yaoi. I wish yuri had more elements like yaoi, but hey. That's why I will just stick with Sailor Moon for my yuri fix!
                      Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

                      Comment


                      • I really like Ten Count. It's one of the best romances I've read and I can't wait until Viz starts putting it out.

                        Love Stage was cute too though that was probably tame.

                        Avatar: Izuminokami Kanesada

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                          I really like Ten Count. It's one of the best romances I've read and I can't wait until Viz starts putting it out.

                          Love Stage was cute too though that was probably tame.
                          Damn...I wish yaoi series would get dubs! Sigh....Love Stage sounds interesting.
                          Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by zenpai View Post
                            I honestly like both, but yaoi will always reign supreme to me. There simply are not very many good yuri titles out there, while yaoi has many upon many great titles. Yeah, I like the sex in yaoi, it's obviously more hardcore than in yuri, but there are also plenty of stories that are more shonen-ai/fluffy/soft and even the ones that aren't, don't ALWAYS JUST focus on the sex. There's a lot of relationship stuff going on too (...often followed by sex, but come on why not?).
                            Very true. Yuri is interesting, but if I had to pick, I'd go with yaoi. Both are good though. I think yaoi/yuri has that sense of real love relationships that regular anime doesn't. It's very refreshing. (Yet horribly heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time &#128546

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X