Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with bee chips and honey. Even better get to 30 and get thf to 15, go out as rdm/thf and kill bees, you can steal honey from them, and then have more honey and chips drop when you kill them.
    World of WarCraft
    Kanzen, Blood Elf Hunter, Thrall
    Kanzen, Night Elf Druid, Proudmoore
    Final Fantasy XI/Odin(Retired Again!)
    Kanzen, Elvaan Ninja

Comment

The strongest bees I know of are in Tahrongi Canyon, are there any else where?
      ×FFXI/Ifrit/Aishura/Mithra/Windurst/Rank 3/Red Mage 30/Thief 15/White Mage 11/Warrior 6/Monk 5/Black Mage 6/Fishing Skill 8/Cooking Skill 11×
      ×I like chicken! I like liver! Meow mix! Meow mix! Please deliver!×
      ×"Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies."~Woody Allen×
      ×"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."~Friedrich Nietzsche×

Comment

If you really want silk thread.. start raising THF on the side. >_>;

To get gil 'fast' in fishing.. become one of the dreaded moat-carp fishermen. Level from 2-5 on those Quus and Sardines. Then head to the Knight's Well in West Ronfaure with a Carbon Rod + Insect paste (or worms, but it's harder to snag the pricier fish) and catch moat carp until lvl 11. At that left, you should consistently get 6 fish out of one stack of insect paste on good fishing days/moons.
        *~Artsy Stuff? O_o;

Comment

Thanks. And I'm actually leveling THF right now. -o-;
          ×FFXI/Ifrit/Aishura/Mithra/Windurst/Rank 3/Red Mage 30/Thief 15/White Mage 11/Warrior 6/Monk 5/Black Mage 6/Fishing Skill 8/Cooking Skill 11×
          ×"Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies."~Woody Allen×
          ×"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."~Friedrich Nietzsche×

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to get to Kazam? Or point me to a website that can tell me.....thanks.
            Last edited by Zylairus; June 23rd, 2004, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelice
              If you really want silk thread.. start raising THF on the side. >_>;

To get gil 'fast' in fishing.. become one of the dreaded moat-carp fishermen. Level from 2-5 on those Quus and Sardines. Then head to the Knight's Well in West Ronfaure with a Carbon Rod + Insect paste (or worms, but it's harder to snag the pricier fish) and catch moat carp until lvl 11. At that left, you should consistently get 6 fish out of one stack of insect paste on good fishing days/moons.
              Thats a great way to make gil, i made like 16k in like 5hours doing that, over the corse of two real days....

Comment

Pft, 16k/5hrs? =p I'd go insane doing that. I'll stick to farming tigers where I make 16k in about an hour and a half at most.

I learned something today. NM ninjas are cheaters. I was killing the Fuma Kyahan NM in Castle Oztroja when he did Mijin Gakure. He was almost dead so the damage on it was terrible (38). He fell to the ground..AND GOT BACK UP AND KEPT FIGHTING ME. Punk. Didn't give me what I wanted either. =/
                World of WarCraft
                Kanzen, Blood Elf Hunter, Thrall
                Kanzen, Night Elf Druid, Proudmoore
                Final Fantasy XI/Odin(Retired Again!)
                Kanzen, Elvaan Ninja

Comment

I've been thinking of getting theif up to 15 aswell for the treasure hunter trait. How much of a difference does it really make for getting items from the enemies?
                  My FFXI info

Comment

Originally posted by Zylairus
                    Thats a great way to make gil, i made like 16k in like 5hours doing that, over the corse of two real days....
                    I make 20k-30k an hour with Rusty caps after investing in fishing. I could make up to 60k an hour if I wasn't lazy and turned them into padded caps.
                    *~Artsy Stuff? O_o;

Comment

Originally posted by Zylairus
                      Can someone please tell me how to get to Kazam? Or point me to a website that can tell me.....thanks.
                      Alright, first you need your Kazham pass. To get that, you need to get a Palborough Mines key, a Ghelsba Key, and a Giddeus Key, which are gotten from mobs in those dungeon (Ghelsba key is actually in Yughott Grotto). The only mobs that I remember that drop them are Old Quadavs, and Yagudo Theologians. 2 lvl 25s can take the monsters easily enough, but a party with a Thief is better. After that, go take your keys to Port Jeuno, and talk to one of the Galka at the Kazham airship ports. Bingo ^^
                      Originally posted by Fury
                      I've been thinking of getting theif up to 15 aswell for the treasure hunter trait. How much of a difference does it really make for getting items from the enemies?
                      All I know is that I get cash faster then DRL here, and he's an RDM. I just go to North Gustaberg, throw out my Long Boomerang, and kill mobs in one hit, MAYBE two. On average, I get a drop per mob, Gobs excepted (1 in maybe 15). Pretty much every drop is worth cash, except Insect Wings, which I just drop. In an hour, I make, at worst, 10k an hour, but since it goes to the AH, I can't just make instant cash like Michael ><. When the AH is full, I start killing Saplings in Konschtat, because the Treant bulbs sell for 72 to NPC shops, so it's about 864 gil a stack. Not much, but no waiting or reliance on my fellow players, so it's got it's place.
                      Last edited by RPGuru1331; June 24th, 2004, 12:09 AM.
                      "From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying 'Bah'"-Dogbert
                      "Hurry hurry hurry, step on up! Everybody plays, only I win"-Dogbert
                      I think this describes most music, to be honest.

Comment

I make 20k-30k an hour with Rusty caps after investing in fishing. I could make up to 60k an hour if I wasn't lazy and turned them into padded caps.
                        What lvl is your fishing and where are you fishing at to get rusty caps?
                        Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. -- George Washington

Comment

lvl 29 fishing, L10 Lake of La Theine only because Rabao is so crowded. *_* Though I'm sure I could make more if I went to Rabao, this L10 lake gives me more skillups with the Frog Lure. Plus, the extra terrapin I catch go for 7k a stack at the fishing guild.

Fishing is the slowest thing to level, but it's fun while you wait to join a PT. ^^ If you know where to fish, you can do very well dedicating a week to hitting lvl 20-30.
                          *~Artsy Stuff? O_o;

Comment

How much does it cost to change the country you live in? I miss being from Windurst like my original character. I'm only rank 2 with bastok so I wont be missing much by changing.
                            My FFXI info

Comment

Originally posted by RPGuru1331
                              All I know is that I get cash faster then DRL here, and he's an RDM. I just go to North Gustaberg, throw out my Long Boomerang, and kill mobs in one hit, MAYBE two. On average, I get a drop per mob, Gobs excepted (1 in maybe 15). Pretty much every drop is worth cash, except Insect Wings, which I just drop. In an hour, I make, at worst, 10k an hour, but since it goes to the AH, I can't just make instant cash like Michael ><. When the AH is full, I start killing Saplings in Konschtat, because the Treant bulbs sell for 72 to NPC shops, so it's about 864 gil a stack. Not much, but no waiting or reliance on my fellow players, so it's got it's place.
                              Sounds good but I need a projectile weapon >_< I gave up on bow a while ago, ny skill is only like 10. -o-;

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                                How much does it cost to change the country you live in? I miss being from Windurst like my original character. I'm only rank 2 with bastok so I wont be missing much by changing.
                                It costs a certain amount. I think 10k if you want to join the top ranked city. Maybe 5k for the 2nd ranked city, and 1k for the last ranked city. Not entirely sure, but I'm pretty positive about 10k for the 1st ranked city. Also, be sure to spend your conquest points BEFORE you switch to another city. They don't pass over.

(I want to join San d'Oria. *_* I really should.)
                                *~Artsy Stuff? O_o;

Comment

Working...
                                X