No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake : PS4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind the new battle system or anything, but I hold no nostalgia about FF7 - I played it as a PSone Classic years later, and don't understand why everyone was masturbating to it for so many years. It wasn't bad by any means, especially not for its time, but it's so dated and laughable at this point there's no reason to expect they wouldn't change a lot. And while the system APPEARS to be like Kingdom Hearts based on the trailer, there's not any actual selection that I saw of any different abilities or menu options. For all we know, it is turn-based, and multi-slashes or unique aesthetics for critical hits are a thing.

Either way, don't care about the changes to the game. It's a remake, not a simple update. What bothers me more is the "lol split it into multiple parts" which is dumb because there's no reason to do that other than cash grab.

EDIT: Forgot. Crisis Core is amazing, and this is also my 13,000th post. Huh.
    Last edited by Vaikyuko; December 8th, 2015, 06:59 PM.
    Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies|Comics
    Current Avatar: Ruby, Vocaloid

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.

Comment

Battle system should be like Grandia III, which, to date, is the best combination of combos and turn-based fighting in an RPG. You could do launch people into the air, do air combos, critical and prolong enemy turns and strategically place your characters around the field. It was just that awesome. Plus, an option to combine spells and attacks into a new attack (like in Chrono Trigger) would be been especially sweet. With Materia, this could be possible. One of the best things about FFVII was the ridiculous Materia combinations you can have.

If they are going into the hack and slashing thing and if they bring back Materia, I hope they follow the Path of Exile route where you can combine many different things together to get endless options.

Also, how is this multi-part thing going to work out, exactly? Is this just going to be a mission to mission thing? If you're going to have an overworld where you can backtrack and visit sideplaces, how can they make this a multi-part thing?

I never played FFXIII, but, judging by the look of this game, it looks like it'll follow a similar vain. Did FFXIII games have an overworld?

Comment

Originally posted by Haruhi View Post
        One of the best things about FFVII was the ridiculous Materia combinations you can have.
        I can't possibly agree with this strongly enough. I don't really care what they change about the rest of the game as long as they keep something resembling the Materia system. It doesn't need to be identical, but if it could permit the same number of crazy possibilities...

Of course I'd also like for them to maintain the semi-open nature of the world. Nobody would say that FFVII was a full-blown open world game, but it did reward exploration a little.

I never played FFXIII, but, judging by the look of this game, it looks like it'll follow a similar vain. Did FFXIII games have an overworld?
        Sort of a complex question, really. The first one did not really, for the majority of the game. The very late part of the game opened up into something a bit like an overworld but without any towns. I never did play the other games, so... can't answer that.

Comment

AN is like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.....

Comment

When I tried to access the livecast on the Playstation Experience page, it asked for my birthdate. I really hope this version doesn't get an M rating (the original 1997 version got a T rating)...

Oh yeah, maybe it will have three parts, similar to how the original version had three discs.
            Last edited by Tama83; December 9th, 2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Part one will end on a cliffhanger; Sephiroth descending with his sword above Aerith... oooh I can't wait to see what happens in part 2!!!
              My: DVD/Blu-ray (DVDAF) | Manga (A.N.N.) | Games (Backloggery) | Music (?)
              Custom anime boxes: SonRyu's Designs for Paul Champagne (no longer in production)

Comment

"We've seen everyone's comments and reactions to the news that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be a multi-part series and many have speculated correctly as to the reason why we have made this decision. If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII. We knew none of you would have wanted that," [Final Fantasy VII Remake's producer, Yoshinori] Kitase wrote.

"I hope that by explaining a little more about our design decisions that you can appreciate the size of this project and what we have planned for this remake. Going beyond the scale and depth of the world, narrative and gameplay from the original to deliver something that feels familiar yet new. As I said before, we like delivering surprises. "
                http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2496589,00.asp
                "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

They make it sound like it will be download only. I'm assuming this will have a physical release, right (possibly even with multiple discs)?...

Comment

Working...
                  X