Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy 7 Remake : PS4

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15...playstation-4/

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isnít the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)
    The internet is exploding.
    "We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."
    Blog! | 360voice blog! | Gaming network tags | Current Avatar | PSN Profile
    Seiyuu database! <-- not just anime roles, lots more videogame data than ANN

This is actually real? The world as I know it has ended!

Comment

Well no-one else is running with the story, there's no source listed, scant detail, but Siliconera are usually credible...

...some folks on the comments are wondering if Ishaan's account has been hacked to post this.
      "We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."
      Blog! | 360voice blog! | Gaming network tags | Current Avatar | PSN Profile
      Seiyuu database! <-- not just anime roles, lots more videogame data than ANN

Comment

Never forget.
        Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
        Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
        Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

I guess they're in dire financial straits like they said they would have to be in order to make it.
          Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies|Comics
          Current Avatar: Ruby, Vocaloid

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.

Comment

Hope they take some cues from CD Projekt Red and give us some choices.

Currently playing: Atelier Sophie (PS4)
            Current Avatar: Asagi from Disgaea Dimension 2

Comment

Sorry, but you're going to need a lot more than a single source, buddy. We've ALL been burned before.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibb View Post

She does, GIbb. She does.

You just need a Game Shark.

Comment

If true, SE is that hard up for money, eh?

If not, they best sweep this one under the rug real quick.

Comment

http://au.ign.com/games/final-fantasy-vii/ps4-20028754
                    I long for that of which i dream of...

As one journey ends... another begins.

http://mirkz2005.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gibb View Post

I really hope they don't give us that choice. I understand that not everyone feels the same way, but I would be deeply dissapointed in the game if they choose to go that way. In fact I don't think there should be any significant changes to the story at all. If they want to improve the dialogue and the presentation, I'm all for that. I just don't want them to do anything to change the way major events unfold. You can do a lot to improve the delivery of a story without changing what happens in it.

Comment

It's officially happening.

*** damn, it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

"First on PS4" so, I'm assuming it'll come out on PC/X1, later on down the line. This is the reason I get a PS4.

Comment

This is excellent birthday news. :D
                          Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
                          Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D
                          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

I just hope they don't screw it up.

Pretty sure it'll be a watered down experience, though. The game is so big, I just don't see them having the content it had with the graphics it showed.

Comment

Eh, interesting. Might get it down the line.

I very much doubt they aren't going to modify a lot of stuff. They'll probably embellish the Materia system to make it more user-friendly, etc. Might add in a couple other things as well.

I'm kind of disappointed they caved-in to fan demand, tbh. But if it funds more FF, I guess I can't complain...

Comment

Working...
                              X