Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have played 4 ff games and out of them I think that ff 13 is the best, despite its linearity at first, it has a well put together story and great character development and the combat system is great.

Comment

• I like Final Fantasy XIII (13) Best.
      Sonya's in the house!

Comment

• I like VII and IX for the character writing, XII for the world and intrigue writing, and IV and VI for the music. V has perhaps the most interesting monster game-design I've seen yet.

Comment

• Am I breaking forum rules/etiquette by posting in a thread this old?

I'm playing FFVII right now; which of course, makes it my favorite. Each Final Fatnasy that I play, is my favorite; when I play it. The 4 Heroes OF Light was my favorite when I played it. Oops… wrong crowd? Anyhoo… I still can't get over the lovingly detailed backgrounds that you get to navigate in FFVII. I'm something of a retro game fan, but the backgrounds in VII are just so detailed, and really capture the scenes. The materia system is just plain sweet. I love naming my characters, lets me get into the game. It has so much to offer, like the Gold Saucer angle. Not to mention, fully fleshed out secret characters with their own optional quests and plot devices.

There's just so much to agree with in this topic. IV with Cecil and Kain's story was legendary. V took the class system to the next level. Heck it still impresses me to this day. VI's roster of characteres is infinitely memorable. Locke is still one of my faves. What can I say? I dig the thieves. IX had a fun story and characters. III is underrated, as is Mystic Quest. Oops, wrong crowd again? II and XIII have given me no end of grief, but I like them nonetheless. And, well; I, I mean c'mon… it's I. Without which we would have no straw hats for our wizards or white robes for our healers.

Arguably not Final Fantasy, but the Chrono and Mana Series are worthy of praise as well.
          No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• Since my above post; I have destroyed VII, and decimated V. Now I'm onto VI, and am about 6 hours in.
            No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• by order

1) FFVII
              2) FFVI
              3) FFIV

those are the only 3 titles that has a good damn story... i didn't appreciate the rest.. sorry FF. If i would bring one title in my current project - it would be FFVII.

"the past is just a story we tell ourselves"
              ~a film unfinished

Comment

Working...
              X