This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORST Final Fantasy

well, i've heard a lot of different opinions, but which FF game do you dislike the most.

with me it'd have to be FF8. the system for that one sucked in comparison, but what ok to play... the thing that made me hate it was the confusingness about it...
    Final Fantasy 7
    9.52%
    Final Fantasy 8
    22.86%
    Final Fantasy 9
    19.62%
    Final Fantasy 10
    13.14%
    Other Final Fantasy
    34.86%
    RPG peeps:
    Rayelynn: This chick is awesome! She's been in a lot of my RPG's and she's willing to do anything to keep it going... i think
    Shiro Blade: He rocks, we chat alot, but this proves to be hazardous cuz he keeps killing me from TMI [Death Count: 4]
    Dark_angel06: Yay! She's cool... though rarely on when i am... Go Jim Carrey and R.E.M.! w00t!
    Zaev: My best friend in the whole world...

LOL I love the list of choices. Thats a great poll. But I have to agree with FFVIII. I just didn't like that game, it was a chore for me to finish it. But since it was a FF game, I felt I had to.
    "Once you were mine. Oh, my soul...
    Going high and falling into the dark again... Forgive my heart, never see you again.
    I will remember love was illusion.
    Don't turn around, I will go away... Leave you at the middle of nowhere in hell.
    Forgive my sin, never feel you again.
    You won't remember the time we were in love."

Comment

FFX and FFX2
      "50 stars to blind your eyes, 13 stripes to hypnotize"

Comment

Final Fantasy VIII

Comment

FFX really bothered me, it was way to easy.
          "Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy."

Comment

Final Fantasy X. It was really boring for me.:dead:
            A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back to the crowd. - Unknown

Indeed! This is either an idiot or a genius! I like this chap! - Hex (Cowboy Bebop)

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confindence. - Ephesians 3:12

Comment

I'd have to go with VIII by far. The battle system was just too tedious and the story was just not that exciting to me at all. I do like Quistis a lot, though. I haven't played X or X-2 yet. I hear the story is nice, but way too linear and easy. I'll have to find out myself sometime.
              Fighting Game Fanclub - former member

FFXI Profile

Comment

VIII.

As my friends says (about the characters): "It's like I'm saying...'I want to sympathize with you, but there's no reason why I should...'"
                "Clearly, your DVD player has decided to become a dub fan. Sorry to hear that." - Leader Desslock, AN Forum Member

It isn't "Western" unless it really has European in it...
                Wii Friend Code: 8963 4377 4591 3552
                Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS: 4984 6448 8842
                Monster Hunter Tri ID: 1M2WBC

Comment

8 is also my least favorite, and 10 was slightly offbeat in way of story.

But a bad FF game is still a great game in it's own right. So I still loved both of them.

Comment

I've only played 4-9, and of those I hated 5 the most. I just felt the plot and characters were really really lackluster.

Comment

X wins hands down.
                      Trimming Down My Backlog:
                      Currently Playing:
                      Recently Finished: Republique (PC)
                      Backlog: 143

Comment

Most hated FFX - But I've grown to not hate it as much... What I did hate with an extreme passion was FF8... that game made me want to cry, I stopped playing it after that first gave/fire stage.. it was that Bad...

" Life is a sexually transmitted disease"

-Japanophobia- Fear of Japanese.
                        -Ignorance = Dominance over the Masses.
                        -People of Admin Status make me rowdy
                        -Things.

Comment

I've never disliked any of the final fantasy games. They seem to change just enough but still have the final fantasy style. However if i had to choose one i would say 9 but only as i'm was not keen on the charcter styling they used for the game.
                          Last edited by Noryoku; March 5th, 2004, 12:02 PM.
                          Total slaughter... Total Slaughter... I won't leave a single... man alive... la la la loo la genociieedoo... Lee lee loo lee loo an ocean of blood...Lets begin the... KILLING TIIIIIIME
                          Vash - Trigun
                          A wolf is A wolf/Okami wa Okami Saito Hajime - Rurouni Kenshin

Comment

I put "other". Why? Because while I do credit FF6 for initiating me into Final Fantasy, the truth is I gave 5 a short try back in 2000 or 2001. I did not care for it.

Anyhow, I do agree that 8's junction system is hard to figure out. Once you do, it can do wonders, but it is just too many options for most people. And it does bite that there is no armor either. I like it how in 6 and 9 you can buy various kinds of armor and weapons, as well as play with 4 characters on the team, plus in 6 you can wear 2 accessories. Eight does not even have accessories really. And it is not that much of a fantasy.

But I still love 8 because of the CHARACTERS and plot. Especially the characters. They are absolutely beautifully designed, and many of them are complex. Nine's characters are not attractive, and I think this is the main reason why this game is so underrated. The plot, visuals, and gameplay are stupendous, but the character designs (and most of the characters per se period) are not particularly appealing. And 7 has the best villain, but the other 3 head villains I have seen so far seem pretty one-sided.
                            I'm the proverbial square peg in the round hole.

Comment

diffentally Final Fantasy 9 was the worst. The music sucked. The grapics are worse than they are in 8
                              Favorite Anime: Ai Yori Aoshi,Wolf's Rain Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Blue Gender, kenshin, chobits

Comment

Working...
                              X