No announcement yet.

What game are you playing right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into the absolutely insane campaign mode of Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, pretty fun to bring laser and blaster rifles into the game. I need to get Battlefield 1 to go the full spectrum from the past to the future
    "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

• Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

They actually did it.

Originally posted by Siendra View Post
      Unfortunately the battle system is... ugh. It's a decent microcosm of everything currently wrong in Japanese game design. There's very little player agency (Combos are performed by holding down one button and tilting the left stick...), actions are largely disjointed from your inputs (Huge flashy animations for minimal input), there's a very noticeable input delay for everything which is made significantly worse because there are a lot of inputs that require holding a button for a second (This should seriously never happen unless you're charging something or aiming something, but FFXV uses it for really mundane stuff and stuff that should be very timing sensitive), there's unskippable nonsense that takes control away from the player, and the feedback mechanism for whether your attacks are neutral/resisted/effective is hard to keep track of. I've seen people praising the combat, but I really don't follow their line of thought - and anyone saying it's like Kingdom Hearts has never played Kingdom Hearts, because seriously what the hell.
      I couldn't disagree more.

Sure, the combat in its opening hours isn't amazing and I guess you can technically get through the game by just holding the attack/block/evade button (I honestly doubt it), but once you gain some key abilities via accession and choose when to attack, warp, block evade, etc. there's a flow to combat unlike anything I've ever playing in the JRPG before. Sure it's not Bayo or DMC deep, but it's honestly not that far from it.

A video of a random hunt I did earlier:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJdU33oTyl0

And you're right - it isn't like KH. The combat in that game was never close to being as good as it is in FFXV.
      Last edited by ryushe; December 2nd, 2016, 12:48 PM.
      Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
      Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
      Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

• I just started Tales of Eternia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. On the Vita I'm playing Moe Chronicles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryushe View Post
          [

A video of a random hunt I did earlier:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJdU33oTyl0
          Nice one. I'm quite enjoying the battle system so far. I thought it a little weird at first but steadily getting the hang of it.
          I'd probably like some more control over what link attacks etc happen and when (unless I've just not been able to work that out yet LOL). I've noticed my guys starting to link together a bit more though in recent fights.
          I long for that of which i dream of...

As one journey ends... another begins.

http://mirkz2005.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by MirKz View Post

Nice one. I'm quite enjoying the battle system so far. I thought it a little weird at first but steadily getting the hang of it.
            I'd probably like some more control over what link attacks etc happen and when (unless I've just not been able to work that out yet LOL). I've noticed my guys starting to link together a bit more though in recent fights.
            I'm starting to get the hang of it but I still find it a little chaotic when fighting many enemies and trying to lock on a specific target. The battle system is not really not my thing I gotta admit, its strange but hopefully I'll improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by sazae View Post

Since I respect your opinions I do look forward to what you say about the game. It has been on my PS4 want list for a while but all that publicity and warnings has not let it come to the front.
              It's boring.

To get to another star system you need to have a hyper drive. Fine. Once you get the Drive you need to power it. A Warp Cell. To make a Cell you need Anti-matter, to make Anti-matter you need Electron Vapor, to make Electron Vapor you need Suspension Fluid. You can buy the Fluid from just about anywhere, but it's expensive, over 20,000 Units. So, you have to hop down planetside, find and upload new species, and/or mine minerals, and sell them. Your ship needs a device to launch from a planet's surface. That need's fuel too. Plutonium. Every time you take-off takes a lot of fuel and Plutonium is relatively rare. So, while you're hunting down minerals to sell, you need fuel to, but you have limited space. You have to juggle: Your life support (which needs power), space to get money to get to the next system, space so you can craft items that you need, and space for the fuel to take-off.

The ships have a faster engine to get you from planet to planet, or what ever else is in orbit quickly and that needs fuel too. Iron. This stuff is super common and you literally run into it every where. The device you use more often uses rarer fuel faster than the one you use less often.
              All of this is to get you to explore more. I wouldn't mind exploring on occasion, but I don't care for being forced to. Several times I would come back to my ship, only to have it tell me that I need Plutonium.

The damn ship can't fly straight neither.
              "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

• I have not played a Diablo game since 2 way way back in the day and on a whim I picked up that Ultimate Evil edition of 3 for the PS4. Pretty good game so far, pretty different from how it used to be and I'm missing my Necromancer.
                "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

• Killer Instinct (XB1)
                  Crash Bandicoot: The N.Sane Trilogy (PS4)
                  Yakuza 2 (PS2)

Comment

Working...
                  X