No announcement yet.

Daily videogame thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*whew* After four playthroughs of Jak 2 I've finally nabbed all 286 Precursor Orbs and got the Platinum Trophy.

Comment

Jak 3- The desert and it's missions made me blow my top.

Comment

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed- Yesterday I nabbed the Yokozuna trophy. This is a trophy that separates the men from the boys, it requires you to beat all the Staff Ghosts in Time Attack. Getting this trophy requires extensive memorization of the games tracks.

Comment

Finally platinumed God of War. The real pain was trying to find the last few ravens.
          "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

God, I'm so excited for Spiderman.

Comment

Saw this and thought you you. Shame about the watermark it's a little on the obnoxious side.

https://i.imgur.com/6Ln8pZs.jpg
              For the stronger we our houses do build,
              The less chance we have of being killed. -William Topaz McGonagall

Comment

Here's a thought.

Sephiroth is the most overrated RPG villain of all time.

Dude gets killed by a pre-mako induced Cloud before the events of FF7 even start.

You literally never fight him in the game. The "last battle" between Cloud and Sephiroth is an internet struggle happening inside Cloud's subconscious. I guess you could say Cloud defeats the lingering vestige that was Sephiroth, but in the end, he was just a pathetic loser.
                "Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."

Comment

My 1997 self would get really mad at you for saying that. But my 2018 self just shakes my head at how much I used to like that character.

Kefka greatest villain of all time though for real. Maybe Kefka and Luca Blight.
                  "Once you were mine. Oh, my soul...
                  Going high and falling into the dark again... Forgive my heart, never see you again.
                  I will remember love was illusion.
                  Don't turn around, I will go away... Leave you at the middle of nowhere in hell.
                  Forgive my sin, never feel you again.
                  You won't remember the time we were in love."

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post
                    Here's a thought.

Sephiroth is the most overrated RPG villain of all time.

Dude gets killed by a pre-mako induced Cloud before the events of FF7 even start.

You literally never fight him in the game. The "last battle" between Cloud and Sephiroth is an internet struggle happening inside Cloud's subconscious. I guess you could say Cloud defeats the lingering vestige that was Sephiroth, but in the end, he was just a pathetic loser.
                    He's got a good theme song, so that helps.

Originally posted by Seijuro_Hiko_IX View Post
                    My 1997 self would get really mad at you for saying that. But my 2018 self just shakes my head at how much I used to like that character.

Kefka greatest villain of all time though for real. Maybe Kefka and Luca Blight.
                    I can't take Kefka serously.
                    "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

I am not huge in the horror genre; however, Resident Evil 2 looks interesting. I have not played any of the games before, but I have read up on it and it seem that you don't have to play the first game to really understand what is going on in the game. I went out to try to find it the other day since it was released a week or so ago, but every place seems to be sold out. Looks like I will be ordering online then.
                      Always smile; even if it's a bad day.

Looking forward for spring and no more snow and ice.

"My master and the little miss have been in the forest for a while now. What are we going to do if they decide to elope, just like that?" - Obi to Mitsuhide and Kiki from Snow White with the Red Hair

Comment

Originally posted by Draygera View Post

I am by no means an expert; I just started doing this. Last night, in fact, I ran into multiple technical problems with my stream due to changing out the bitrate a bit.

Depending on how fast your upload speed is and what kind of internet you have, the bitrate and other settings will vary. I have a 1 MB/s maximum upload speed but have found that after about an hour of streaming, I've had the smoothest experience around 790 kb/s and a buffer size of 850 Mb with only a frame drop percentage of around 0.84% (which is not perfect but a very reasonable amount. But a huge part of that is because the Twitch server I'm connecting to is in Dallas which is in my general area (at least an hour away). Singapore is a pretty good ways from Australia, but I digress. You'll have to just mess with it.

Also, since you're using OBS, during your first few tests, if you have multiple monitors, keep OBS on the screen you're not playing your game on and watch the indicator on the bottom. If it stays red for a consistent amount of time, you'll probably get dropped from Twitch and that means your viewers might be getting horribly laggy footage. That means your bitrate is way too high. On the flipside, if your bitrate is too low for the resolution you're streaming at (don't go with anything above 480p right now), you'll have frequent buffering issues, which will make your stream not very enjoyable for people on the other end. Even though I ran a few tests and they were each a few minutes long, I still had to pause the stream and adjust settings (which cost me a few viewers).

Thanks for the compliment about the Overlay, btw. Setting up an overlay is actually fairly simple once you figure out how OBS sets up its scenes. If you've ever used Photoshop or Gimp, layering is kinda like that but flipped. Lower layers go on top of the Scene panel in OBS. Also, if you want to display the chat on your Overlay, watch this video. It helped me greatly with laying out both my overlay and my chat overlay.

A huge tip I would have is make sure to save all of your streams somewhere on your harddrive. That way you can briefly watch them and maybe even upload them to Youtube. It took me around 20 minutes to get mine made, even with having to pause the video a few times.

Now, if you're gonna use FRAPS at all for recording, my suggestion is to record your commentary with Audacity or any other recording software separate from FRAPS, because from my own experiences, FRAPs can sometimes screw up the audio levels of both the game and your commentary. This is a failsafe.

My recommended software (this applies to Shadowplay and anything else that you may record with that outputs raw AVI files) would be Audacity(for editing and recording your commentary), AVIDemux (for adding your commentary audio to the gameplay footage), Virtualdub (for compressing the video file down to something more manageable and easier to upload), and Freemake Video Converter (for converting your AVI to WMV format, which is usually smaller but not always better quality for Youtube; I haven't noticed substantial differences between either format, but also I had to use it when I had slow internet due to how long uploading took).

Tutorials on the FRAPs stuff:

Audacity audio cleanup pointers
                        Using AVIDemux for adding audio
                        Compressing FRAPs video down with VirtualDub
                        Freemake is self-explanatory

Also, I forgot to mention that recording in FLAC format for your audio will give you the best sound due to it being a lossless format.
                        That's good! Is audacity team has and audacity guides are the same when it comes for recording and editing? And is this app also use for able to download any windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post
                          I am not huge in the horror genre; however, Resident Evil 2 looks interesting. I have not played any of the games before, but I have read up on it and it seem that you don't have to play the first game to really understand what is going on in the game. I went out to try to find it the other day since it was released a week or so ago, but every place seems to be sold out. Looks like I will be ordering online then.
                          Yeah, RE 2 can be played as a stand-alone; it was the first RE game that I played and the story made sense without having played RE 1. Actually, I wasn't that bothered about the story so long as I got to blast zombies and other monsters.

The graphics might be a bit dated now, but there should still be some genuinely scary moments.

Comment

After all the hype and hysteria, I tried Fortnite. I only have one thing to say. Meh.
                            Avatar - Rea Sanka, Proto-Monster Musume

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything."
                            Thomas Sowell

Comment

Working...
                            X