Daily videogame thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ryushe View Post
    An hour in and it is insane just how much better Fire Emblem Echo's is compared to Fates.
    I want it, but it made me mad that Nintendo announced a season pass more expensive than the game itself.

It's that good huh? I like awakening, but thought fates was pretty forgettable.

Originally posted by Siendra View Post
    I'm bored and was going through my old posts for shits and giggles. This one caught my eye because it's been fifteen months and nothing has changed.
    I also backed unsung story, feels like it's never going to amount to what everyone hoped it would be.

That said, if there was a kickstarter for Suikoden 6, I would jump on it in a heartbeat and not learn my lesson at all. Haha.
    Currently playing: Atelier Sophie (PS4)
    Current Avatar: Asagi from Disgaea Dimension 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibb View Post
      I want it, but it made me mad that Nintendo announced a season pass more expensive than the game itself.
      I mean, you don't have to buy it, though...

It's that good huh? I like awakening, but thought fates was pretty forgettable.
      So here's the thing; presentation wise, it's easily the best Fire Emblem on the 3DS. The story is good, the characters are great and script is fantastic. And this is all in part to the games absolutely amazing localization. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I played a game with a localization as sharp as this game, to the point it made me realize just how bland and flavorless Persona 5 is in comparison.

That said, it being a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden means the gameplay is nothing to write home about. Like, it does some interesting things with its skill system, the way they handles promotions and magic, but the act of actually battling leaves a lot to be desired, especially coming off of Fates Conquest. I'm about 12 hours into the game and every single objective has been "Rout the enemy". There's also no weapon triangle, which isn't as big a deal as you might think, but it's still weird.

I'm still enjoying it quite a bit despite that, however, and I hope the rumor is true that the tagline "Echos" means that they're going to revisit the older games in the series, especially those that has never reached our shores.

Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
      Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
      Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

• FREE STARPOINT GEMINI 2 ON STEAM FOR 48HOURS

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23...oint_Gemini_2/

Comment

• My copy of FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia came in this morning. I'm not too far in yet, but I'm digging how it handles promotions and such, and the dungeons seem like fun, And the writing/localization is a huge step up from Fates.

I've only triggered three supports so far, but they don't seem all that involved. Less goofy than Fates and Awakenings mostly were, but two of the three seemed sorta' pointless and the third is pretty much just "Oh yeah, Faye is Yandere. Enjoy."
          Last edited by Siendra; May 23rd, 2017, 05:54 PM.
          Currently Playing: Fast RMX
          Recently Finished: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comment

• bought Thumper on the Switch....its amazing
            My Anime List
            SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Comment

• Even I can't wait for Lego Harry Potter.

Comment

• Mega Man X6- This game is much harder to get through as Zero.

Comment

• Sonic Mania is awesome

TG: i command her alright i am like the pimpmaster hustledaddy of all snippy bookshrews

Comment

• Originally posted by superplough View Post
                    Sonic Mania is awesome
                    Oh yes. Christian Whitehead and his crew studied the momentum-based physics extensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by superplough View Post
                      Sonic Mania is awesome
                      Yes it is. And I'm not even a Sonic fan.

And you know what else is great? Mario + Rabbids.

Game's damn amazing and much better than I ever dreamed it'd be.
                      Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
                      Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
                      Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

• Cuphead - Games Journalism Fail

Comment

• Originally posted by ryushe View Post
                          Game's damn amazing and much better than I ever dreamed it'd be.
                          I'm enjoying it a lot... in short bursts. The way they absolutely nailed the pacing and feel of combat is pretty amazing, but the lack of much going on between combat sessions has it falling a little flat for me. X-Com has base management and soldier customization, Fire Emblem has supports and classes, FFT has class swapping and guild customization, etc...

It's good. I'd give it a 7.5/10 all day long, but it's a shame that they get the core of the game so right while everything else borders on non-existence.

Comment

• Good god. Whoever designed the first fight in 3-S in Mario+Rabbids is an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                            X