No announcement yet.

Daily videogame thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still just want to find a Switch without having to pay a couple hundred dollar upcharge. I wouldn't get BotW for it since I have already put in well over 100 hours into it on the Wii U and do not want to start over just because of a new platform. But with Bomberman, Puyo Puyo, 1-2 Switch, MK 8 soon, and so many others upcoming before long that I cannot wait for.
    "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

There are units in-stock on Amazon.com for Prime Members right now.
      Currently Playing: Fast RMX
      Recently Finished: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Comment

The only ones I saw in stock were all way marked up. I am going to be patient and just wait until I can get one for MSRP and do not have to get one today. If I decide to be really patient I can wait until a few more high profile games are out and look for something like a Splatoon 2 or Mario bundle.
        "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

Comment

Amazon was restocked for a few hours today. Sucks you missed it. They must have gotten a decent number, because I saw a bunch of people on Reddit and a couple forums saying they got orders in.

Comment

Darn I almost always have Reddit up and I'm subscribed to a few different Nintendo subs but I was barely able to view it today since I was on VPN for work that does not agree with the site.

Comment

... And as soon as I talk about how I can't wait to move away from the 3DS, Nintendo unveils the 2DS XL and God help me, I want it.

/sigh
              Art: AN's Art Thread Last updated:10/17/15 // DeviantArt
              Gaming: Backloggery // HLTB // Raptr
              Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Comment

I saw the 2DS XL about an hour ago and I really really want it. For only $150 and it can play the New 3DS specific games? That is an easy buy for me as my son has a 2DS and I can convince him I need one so we can do multiplayer games. Or I could just say "I'm the daddy and buy all your toys so I am going to buy this one and you are allowed to keep the old one".

Comment

I'm kinda' starting to realize why Puyo Puyo has never really made its way west. It's just not remotely fun at higher difficulty levels. It's far more reliant than Tetris is on getting the right selection of pieces. You get screwed for a few successive drops and your chances of bouncing back are pretty bad.

Also, whoever designed the party mode shouldn't be allowed to work on games anymore. That has to be the singular worst bit of game design I've seen in a couple decades.

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of the puyo puyo formula either. My favorite puzzle game style is Magical Drop. Now that's a fast paced puzzle game. I've had battle mode games last about 6 seconds in Magical Drop 3 before.

Daily thought: there is a new hot shots golf coming out. It makes me want a new Pangya, as I've always found it superior in characters, courses, and gameplay to hot shots.
                    Currently playing: Atelier Sophie (PS4)
                    Current Avatar: Asagi from Disgaea Dimension 2

Comment

Originally posted by Siendra View Post
                      I'm kinda' starting to realize why Puyo Puyo has never really made its way west. It's just not remotely fun at higher difficulty levels. It's far more reliant than Tetris is on getting the right selection of pieces. You get screwed for a few successive drops and your chances of bouncing back are pretty bad.
                      Not to mention, someone who's remotely good at Tetris will dominate a Puyo player every single time. Setups take much too long in Puyo Puyo and Tetris is just too fast for anyone playing Puyo to keep up. Just check the top ranked replays if you don't believe me. They're insane and are almost always in favor of the Tetris player.

Comment

Nioh for PlayStation 4 is such an awesome game. I love everything about this game from the feudal Japanese setting, refined action, and the difficulty level. You really have to think things though before you take action on what you're going to do. Playing this game gives you a sense of what times were really like back in feudal Japan (maybe a bit exaggerated, but still so much fun). It reminds me of the Tecmo from the NES days when it was so hard to win in Ninja Gaiden. This game was created in the spirit of Ninja Gaiden. The graphics and music are awesome!! I'm still trying to slice my way through this game and I can't remember how many times I've died. I ended up buying this game when it came out in February.
                        Stars of the Four Gods ~ A Yuu Watase Guild | Slayers Guild | SNK Fan Club v.2
                        Super Moderator of ANIMENATION Forums (2008 - Present)
                        Lets help support AN by being more active in our community!!
                        Say NO to bootlegs or illegal downloads. Help the Anime industry by supporting our distributers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemina View Post
                          Nioh for PlayStation 4 is such an awesome game.
                          Completely agree, such a great game. The difficulty felt steep at first, but to me it's started to taper off, at least that's my opinion. It could be a mixture of me getting better, better stats and better gear/build.
                          Really enjoyed the game though. Haven't finished it yet, but it's taken a back seat at the moment. Certainly want to go back and finish it, plus check out the DLC.
                          I long for that of which i dream of...

As one journey ends... another begins.

http://mirkz2005.deviantart.com/

Comment

An hour in and it is insane just how much better Fire Emblem Echo's is compared to Fates.

Comment

Man. Amazon Canada really needs to get their shit together on pre-orders. I don't expect same-day delivery or anything, but my copy of Echoes didn't even ship until 6:30pm on Friday. With the Canadian dollar being so shit though I can't really justify pre-ordering anywhere else because of the 20% prime discount.

Anyway, since I don't have my copy of Echoes and I'm bored I've been putting some time in Path of Exile. I've been meaning to try it since it launched. For a free to play game it's actually pretty impressive, but I see it recommended a lot alongside Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn and just... no. Not on any level is it comparable to either of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Siendra View Post
                                The Unsung Story might be the largest unmitigated disaster on Kickstarter. Just holy ****. It's been over two years, it just got delayed again five months after we finally got a gameplay demo that looked like someone tossed it together in unity with pre-built assets in a coupple days, and the most recent update basically amounts to "We can't work on it right now or we'll go bankrupt". Oh, and between the last few updates its become pretty obvious the entire core development staff has jumped ship.

**** you, Playdeck. I'm not even pissed that the game isn't working out - that's a risk I accept with backing a game. I'm pissed that they won't communicate with the backers or own up to their own staggering inability and incompetence.
                                I'm bored and was going through my old posts for shits and giggles. This one caught my eye because it's been fifteen months and nothing has changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X