Question about the PSN Network.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the PSN Network.

I just got a PS4 for Christmas. I have not hooked it up to the internet yet, but I have played some games on it. I just got DOA 5 Last Round and found out there is DLC that I can purchase. However, I heard you have to pay to just to access the PSN to update your PS4? is this true? I don't want to put a CC on my account (I know the PSN has had a lot of security issues in the past) and I would rather pay using a prepaid card. I am really new to the Next Gen gaming (the Wii U does not count) and the last PS system I had was the PS2.
    Man time fly's when you get older and older and older............

You do not have to pay to update the PS4, you can get by just fine without putting a card online to pay for PS+. If you want to get the DLC for DOA 5 be prepared to sell your car as there is well over $1,000 worth of it in the form of characters, more costumes than I thought possible, stages, etc. Easiest thing to do honestly is just buy a prepaid PSN card to use on the store and you are all set. You can even buy PS+ prepaid cards, this is what I do since I don't want them to have my CC info either.
    "Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy."

Comment

Originally posted by sazae View Post
      You do not have to pay to update the PS4, you can get by just fine without putting a card online to pay for PS+. If you want to get the DLC for DOA 5 be prepared to sell your car as there is well over $1,000 worth of it in the form of characters, more costumes than I thought possible, stages, etc. Easiest thing to do honestly is just buy a prepaid PSN card to use on the store and you are all set. You can even buy PS+ prepaid cards, this is what I do since I don't want them to have my CC info either.
      Thanks for the information! So, to be able to download games and other DLC do you need the PS+? Or just make an account on PSN? I have never played games online (with other people) and I like to play games solo or if I do play with anyone I want it to be someone I know (like my wife or my sister) and in person.

Damn! There is that much DLC in DOA? I was only thinking about downloading the female costumes that is listed for download only I see locked on the game...how much money is one costume?

Comment

All you need is a free PSN account which it'll make you create when you go online. There are hundreds of costume DLC pecks for the game, most are probably $2-5 unless you buy one of the sets which is most likely $10 or so.
        All of the DLC has kind of scared me from getting the game even though I like DOA. Is the regular disc version a complete game still? I'd like to pick it up if so.

Add me to your friend list when you get set up online. My PSN ID is: DeadJello
        "Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy."

Comment

Last I knew the disc was the complete game. I has a story mode, arcade, vs, and other games. The only other DOA game I played was DOA Dimensions for the 3DS.

Comment

sazae I ended up getting Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, FFXV, Star Wars Battlefront, Assassin's Creed Ezio collection, DOA 5: Last Round, and my system came with Uncharted 4.

I have FFX/X-2 for my PS2, but right now I don't want to hook up my PS2 system, so this is cool! I have never played the Uncharted games, so I don't know if I want to by the trilogy or just not play the game that came with my system.

Comment

All of that is more than Street Fighter V had, and still has, so I might give this one a go. I heard though that one of the DLC characters I would want (Mai from King of Fighters) is $20 and it is just hard for me to buy a game and then have to put down that much more. But unfortunately it seems that is the way a lot of it is going now and there no sign it'll ever change.

I downloaded the free version of the game on PSN but have not really given it a play yet but seeing as it was free it is incredibly limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post
                sazae I ended up getting Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, FFXV, Star Wars Battlefront, Assassin's Creed Ezio collection, DOA 5: Last Round, and my system came with Uncharted 4.

I have FFX/X-2 for my PS2, but right now I don't want to hook up my PS2 system, so this is cool! I have never played the Uncharted games, so I don't know if I want to by the trilogy or just not play the game that came with my system.
                The X/X-2 Remaster is nice since they did a so-so job on the HD part of it but having everything on one disc including the international extras for X was cool. I do not have FF XV as it just hasn't sold me on the style and if i get a new Final Fantasy I really want to play World of Final Fantasy.

I was never a fan of the Assassins Creed games but if I was the Ezio collection looks nice. Same goes for Uncharted, from all the reviews it seems 4 is excellent but I just couldn't get into the earlier games.

Comment

Originally posted by sazae View Post

The X/X-2 Remaster is nice since they did a so-so job on the HD part of it but having everything on one disc including the international extras for X was cool. I do not have FF XV as it just hasn't sold me on the style and if i get a new Final Fantasy I really want to play World of Final Fantasy.
                  I got the X/X-2 for less then $20 new (I was surprised to say the least). FFXV has a completely different combat system then I am used too in a FF game, still trying to get the hang of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X