No announcement yet.

Manga You're Currently Reading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!, i decided to go for something a little more light hearted and fun, as the last had the waterworks going. This manga is 1 page per chapter which is strange, but whatever. I really enjoyed reading up to the current chapter (505 or so). Its about a very athletic tomboyish karate girl, whos trying to get her childhood friend to acknowledge shes not just one of the guys. Considering her bangin looks,,needless to say hes super dense, but hes starting to get it, he just denying his feelings. The side characters are great, especially her best friend, a devious girl who hates the guy but wants her friend to be happy. Its a little more innocent than most romance manga i read, which can be kinda frustrating in the 'come on nobody would back away from that' way, but from what i read in comments this was a h manga author before so that might change as the story progresses (theres been one or two panels that were pretty hot). Plus they are 15-16 so more embarrassment crap is gonna happen.

Ill note that this manga might tick you off if you are triggered by the gender barrier mindset, as they mention it a few times like its a given, which is kind of ironic since the girl can utterly destroy every male in the story but the main guy.
    Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 21st, 2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• I've been reading a 4 koma called Yandere Kanojo. The name might make you think of a murder scene, but its a play on yankee (shes a delinquent character and he takes being a normal guy to an art form)..shes more a tsundere than anything (tho not nearly as in denial). Its light hearted comedy that breaks the forth wall often and is just generally fun. I wanted something long that i could go back to between reading ongoing works or if i need a break from heavier stuff. I like that the main dude looks like madarame from genshiken, tho not as skinny and nothing alike in personality.

Its My Life - read a little of this, its a kinda silly fantasy manga about a badass holy knight who just wants to retire in his little cottage home, but a loli witch shows up and hijinks ensue. The plot twist they are gonna go for is pretty easy to see coming, and im not into lolis, so why am i reading? Because the art in this manga gets insanely beautiful. Its decent normally but in big action scenes or full spreads it goes up to level 9000. Full color is amazing, like paintings. If you want some eye candy, check this one out.
      Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 23rd, 2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Reading korean webtoon called Nano List, which is surprisingly good. I like how the series presents androids, a little different than other worlds. The come out of the box with real emotion and even pain receptors (tho i imagined dulled given the **** they do). I love that the mc gets glomped and sexed by his android San, and resists at first but gives in, cause i think any dude would lol The plot and feel is somewhat similar to sekerei but not quite as ecchi or straight up battle tourny.

Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 25th, 2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Started reading Please Tell Me Galko-chan after I liked the anime last year...and it's pretty good!

Comment

• fujiyama wa shishunki - Cute little middle school romance. Kinda cheesy in the 'ooo boobies!' sorta way, but it dies down as it goes along. Like lovely complex its a big girl and small guy, tho the dude is not nearly as cool.

The end was super rushed, they clearly had the rug pulled on this manga. There was a big thing about waiting for their first kiss but it was never explored in the last volume, which covered their entire final year in middle school (previous year got 7!). All i got was a long awkward hug and
            so i was disappointed. A little, it was a fun read.

Im caught up on nano list, it has been surprisingly good. Im still, somewhere in my heart, rooting for a true 3 way, boy x android x android ending here lol Not sure itll happen tho as he definitely mom-zoned San at one point (which is insane, see above picture lol) but there is a tiny glimmer of hope lol
            Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 26th, 2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Caught up on Inukai x Tribe, now to reread Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches.

Comment

• voynich hotel - Starts out more random than nichijou, and stays pretty weird, but gets pretty good as it does along. Tho its horror, and there are some definite dark elements, it retains a light hearted tone. Romance is with the cliche ancient loli but its enjoyable, its refreshing to have a romance that actually goes somewhere, no vague guessing about what happened lol. Super fun read with a unique style.

There is a very compelling and dark side story about a seral killer that was very compelling. I have a feeling if this wasnt a comedy, this manga coulda been really deep and twisted.
                Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 27th, 2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Reread Yamajo from chapter 1 to 153 within two days, started reading Vinland Saga.

Comment

• Hide and Seek.

I finished it today. It was a good boys love manga.
                    Meow Meow
                    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• I read an adorable little romance called Love Roma. The art was pretty bad till about 2/3 way in but it didnt matter. It was an interesting take on relationships than any other manga I have read. Instead of misunderstandings and half measures, the protagonist is nearly incapable of telling a lie, being embarrassed or being subtle. It was funny, and straightforward, with very little drama, but despite that it was interesting and not boring. Even tho the normal barrier to communication wasn't there, it became a different sort of problem dealing with emotions and relationships with earnest honesty (and the guys simple understanding of things). Tho he never gets less honest, both the main guy and the girl grow in character together. It was fun reading as they experienced their first kiss, first date, and
                      , where normally these kinda things just irritate me as they are made so cliche, overdramatic, or unrealistic.

It short, it was refreshing and made me happy. If you are a strict art lover or can't handle a little sappiness, stay away.
                      Last edited by DazarGaidin; March 9th, 2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Managed to binge read Tokyo Ghoul:re in a few days. Finished it last night.

Comment

• Finished reading Welcome to the Ballroom.

Comment

• So, Opus from Satoshi Kon is really, really good. It's basically this writer and his characters coming to life. Probably could've been a good movie.

Damn, Kon was awesome.

Comment

• Currently reading Happy Marriage. On volume 2 of 10. Enjoying it so far.
                              Meow Meow
                              The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                              ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• I've been reading a couple of books lately. I been reading vol.3 of Fairy Tail. That was interesting.

I read vol. 1-2 of D- Frag. That is an amazing one. It's really funny. it's lighthearted one

I read vol.1 The Blue Exorcist. I think by the anime it took about 5 or so episodes to be on par with the first vol. Usually other shows would be done with the first or second Vol. by the 3 episode

I just finished vol. 1 of . danganronpa the animation. That was good. It's interesting book. I highly recommend it if you like mystery.

Comment

Working...
                                X