No announcement yet.

Manga You're Currently Reading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished the Servant x Service manga. Still would like the see that last of it animated.
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Last night I got on a Yotsuba&! kick and ended up reading through the whole series

Comment

Vinland Saga (up to vol. 8): a mature look at violence in the workings of society, using Vikings. I like the subject matter, the detailed art, and the exploration of its themes.
        A Bride's Story (up to vol. 8): different brides's perspectives and roles in their societies along the Silk Road. Kaoru Mori always delivers on the visual details and the fruits of her cultural research.
        Dungeon Meshi / Delicious in Dungeon: reading in Japanese. Heard there'll be an English release. Attractive character designs. I like food and Dungeons & Dragons; this has both.

Comment

Ghost in the Shell 1:

It's still pretty action packed...but it's also surprisingly funny and light hearted in some parts too. I guess I was expecting something to the degree of the tv series/movies?

Recently got Tomie by Ito, but I haven't started that one yet.
          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Citrus.

It's a pretty angsty yuri series but I am enjoying it. I figured I'd be more into the mood for yaoi tonight but I just wanted a non-explicit romance, so I chose this. I am enjoying it. I on volume 3 so far.
            Meow Meow
            The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
            ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Finished all the yotsuba i had, i wish this was an anime

I checked out mob psycho 100 but his artwork is just so fing terrible. Even as a gimmick its hard to slog thru.

Then i went the other end of the spectrum and read some blade of the immortal with its amazing, eyegasm artwork to cleanse myself lol

Comment

In the middle of Tomie....and man, is it old.

Also, been reading Welcome to the Ballroom.
                In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Reading a manga about a low level rpg spider mob. its extremely enjoyable. kumoko? Something like that.

Also reading denshi otoko, little old art style but cute, especially since its based on a true story (supposedly).

I dont know if this even counts as reg manga or hentai, but read some of My Lovely Ghost Kana cause it looked pretty cute. More sex than i was expecting. Haven't decided if thats a bad thing.

Edit: read past second chapter, its definitely hentai..not very good either.
                  Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 17th, 2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Domestic na kanajo ch 1-90 : the mangakas sensei fetish is so overwhelming it almost makes the other characters in this harem pointless. Must have realized it too, as in the last few chapters it shifted focus but,even then its abundantly clear this is just a forced drama/diversion from the inevitable sensei route.

I do like this style of manga tho. I read another previously that had similar look and feel. Actually a similar plot too.
                    Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 17th, 2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Man this place is dead. Welp,,i read molester man today, and it was surprisingly good., Altho, unlike train man (very sweet, realistic story), i in no way believe it was a true fing story, just no way. Once i was over that, the story itself was funny and most of all, it was amazing to finally read a manga where the MC in a harem found a girl he was actually compatible/friends with

Read a lot of Horimiya, another pretty good romance and slice of life. The characters are the strong point of this manga, you really enjoy spending time with them. That said, i feel the author really changed the character of the main girl suddenly, and was running out of ideas. The very abrupt
                      appeared so suddenly and out of place it lost any meaning to the reader. It must have lost meaning to the mangaka as well cause its never alluded to or repeated afterward as far as I read. I ended up stopping at the
                      which was sweet enough for me to bail out on. Im a little scared of death flags and i started getting that vibe, so i made my own ending lol
                      Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 19th, 2017, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DazarGaidin View Post
                        Man this place is dead. Welp,,i read molester man today, and it was surprisingly good., Altho, unlike train man (very sweet, realistic story), i in no way believe it was a true fing story, just no way. Once i was over that, the story itself was funny and most of all, it was amazing to finally read a manga where the MC in a harem found a girl he was actually compatible/friends with

Read a lot of Horimiya, another pretty good romance and slice of life. The characters are the strong point of this manga, you really enjoy spending time with them. That said, i feel the author really changed the character of the main girl suddenly, and was running out of ideas. The very abrupt
                        appeared so suddenly and out of place it lost any meaning to the reader. It must have lost meaning to the mangaka as well cause its never alluded to or repeated afterward as far as I read. I ended up stopping at the
                        which was sweet enough for me to bail out on. Im a little scared of death flags and i started getting that vibe, so i made my own ending lol
                        I loved Horimiya until

The same author started a new series, NE NE NE, that's coming out on Kindle thru chapters. The premise sounds a little creepy (young girl married to an older guy who can see spirits) but I think the author handles it well (the older guy's dad basically told him not to even TOUCH his wife until she's legal). It's a bit similar to Ancient Magus' Bride.

I finished Tokyo Tareba Girls 1 last night, which is by the same woman who wrote one of my faves, Princess Jellyfish. I loved it for the most part. Nice to see older women represent in romances.

I still got to finish Tomie.

And I bought Chiyafaru 1, which I plan to start soon.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

I loved Horimiya until

The same author started a new series, NE NE NE, that's coming out on Kindle thru chapters. The premise sounds a little creepy (young girl married to an older guy who can see spirits) but I think the author handles it well (the older guy's dad basically told him not to even TOUCH his wife until she's legal). It's a bit similar to Ancient Magus' Bride.
                          Yeah, it was a little strange how horimia's characters seem to change. I kinda wish they would have gone a little deeper with their early relation dynamic. Its like there was a real rapid pace of them becoming friends then later it slowed down into an almost daily school comedy. But i still thought it was pretty good.

I read and really enjoyed taiyou no ie, which was a love story which seems pretty creepy at premise, as there is a pretty big age gap in the romance, but doesn't upon exe​​​​​​cution (which shes probably 18 before anything physical happens). What i really like about this manga was how much depth of character development you get.

The story basically takes us thru the shared pasts of the chars from childhood all the way thru the culmination of their joys and struggles. It explores broken families and how they impact ourselves, how we form relationships, and those we love. I really like seeing how the main characters support each other even long before romantic interest comes to bear. The pacing was good until near the end, where it was clear the author was asspulling drama to draw out the conclusion a bit, but it was forgivable in the end, which was very satisfying.

I also read what i could find of wotaku ni koi wa muzukashii which started how kind of disjointed in pacing, but has settled into a nice rhythm now. Its a little otakuentric but it makes for some light hearted comedy, This is very similar to bonnouji which i also enjoyed, with adult characters spending time together and with friends, tho maybe with even less romance so far. Its kinda like the chars just up and got together one day. Im not knocking that too much, as i think the chars regret this themselves and are trying to make up for it. This is ok because i know from personal experience that relationships happen this way. I wish it was a completed, i hate waiting to continue.
                          Last edited by DazarGaidin; February 22nd, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DazarGaidin View Post

Yeah, it was a little strange how horimia's characters seem to change. I kinda wish they would have gone a little deeper with their early relation dynamic. Its like there was a real rapid pace of them becoming friends then later it slowed down into an almost daily school comedy. But i still thought it was pretty good.

I read and really enjoyed taiyno no ie, which was a love story which seems pretty creepy at premise, as there is a pretty big age gap in the romance, but doesn't upon exe​​​​​​cution (which shes probably 18 before anything physical happens). What i really like about this manga was how much depth of character development you get.

The story basically takes us thru the shared pasts of the chars from childhood all the way thru the culmination of their joys and struggles. It explores broken families and how they impact ourselves, how we form relationships, and those we love. I really like seeing how the main characters support each other even long before romantic interest comes to bear. The pacing was good until near the end, where it was clear the author was asspulling drama to draw out the conclusion a bit, but it was forgivable in the end, which was very satisfying.

I also read what i could find of wotaku ni koi wa muzukashii which started how kind of disjointed in pacing, but has settled into a nice rhythm now. Its a little otakuentric but it makes for some light hearted comedy, This is very similar to bonnouji which i also enjoyed, with adult characters spending time together and with friends, tho maybe with even less romance so far. Its kinda like the chars just up and got together one day. Im not knocking that too much, as i think the chars regret this themselves and are trying to make up for it. This is ok because i know from personal experience that relationships happen this way. I wish it was a completed, i hate waiting to continue.

Are they licensed or not? I'll have to check both out. There's not enough adult manga (that's not hentai) out there...

I forgot, Ten Count 3 came yesterday.

I'm not normally a yaoi person...actually, I like yuri better because it seems better written, but I love Ten Count. It's a little more real than other series...

ETA: I would've liked Horimiya a little more after that scene if they took things slow and left the characters be.
                            Last edited by goddessofanime; February 20th, 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Im a dirty illegal manga reader so couldnt tell you for sure.

Comment

Caught up on Nanatsu no Taizai, Citrus, and starting to reread Yamada-kun.

Comment

Working...
                                X