Tracking down King of Thorn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking down King of Thorn

So I saw the movie version of it at CONvergence, and after being totally confused by the ending I tried to find the manga version.

The publisher and Right Stuf Anime were easy to find, but somehow volume 1 is missing (as in, not even listed, not just out of stock) from the online store. After a few days of Googling, database searches, and questioning why I have this much free time anyway, Iíve still been unable to find the first volume in stock for less than $40.

So now Iím seeking help on this. Iím wondering a) where I can find a reasonably-priced copy of volume 1, b) if thereís any particular reason itís so hard to find, and c) if this is all fruitless and I should just check out a copy from a library 50 miles away instead.
    I am an American reader of a Russian webcomic in a Japanese art style on a device assembled in China. Isn’t globalization fun?

You're better off asking RS directly if KoT vol 1 is OOP (Out of Print). Why are they so expensive? I don't know. I saw one for sale for $600+. I did manage to find a listing for $10, but it's out of stock and likely never will be.
    "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

Originally posted by Jatz View Post
      Why are they so expensive? I don't know. I saw one for sale for $600+.
      What is that, a mint-condition collectorís edition or something? The entire rest of the series is a tenth of that.
      I am an American reader of a Russian webcomic in a Japanese art style on a device assembled in China. Isn’t globalization fun?

Comment

I have no idea. Maybe they think they can get away with it.
        https://www.amazon.com/King-Thorn-Vo...qid=1531642136
        "Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon. Cause that cartoon has got the boom Anime babes that make me think the wrong thing." Barenaked Ladies' One Week

Comment

Working...
        X