Your thoughts on Fushigi Yuugi Byakko Ibun/Senki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts on Fushigi Yuugi Byakko Ibun/Senki

This thread is dedicated solely to all things Fushigi Yuugi Byakko Ibun, a prequel to Yuu Watase's original Fushigi Yuugi series but a sequal to Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden taking place 100 years later (in the book) after the events of Genbu, but 60-70 years before the original FY. In FY Genbu Kaiden, Suzuno is briefly seen as a 8 year old girl, but in the original FY series, Suzuno is seen dying at the end and reuniting at least with Tatara.

Here is a little background of the story for you. Suzuno Osugi was first introduced in the original FY and was later revealed to be the Priestess of Byakko; the second priestess to enter the Universe of the Four Gods. Suzuno is the daughter of Takao Osugi, an assistant researcher to Takiko Okuda's father, Einosuke Okuda who was the translater of the Universe of the Four Gods. Suzuno managed to obtain the book despite the precautions her father gave her to prevent a similar tragegy from happening again (Takiko's fate). She later became the Priestess of Byakko and alongside her Byakko celestial warrior, managed to summon Byakko-seikun.

The story that will unfold here is one that will be romantic but also sad judging by what we already know from watching the original FY series. This story is supposed to be the opposite of what happened in Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden and follow closely more in-line to what happened to Miaka when she became the priestess of Suzaku.

This may actually be old news but FY: Byakko Ibun was actually announced in Feb 2015 but no word has been revealed about the first volume coming out. It is supposed to be serialized by Monthly Flowers Magazine just like FY: Genbi Kaiden was. The last volume of FY:GK (Volume 12) was released in May 2013 in Japan. We should see news about FY: Byakko Ibun soon much to my excitement!! If anyone knows anything new about it, please mention it here. I look forward to posting updates here often as soon as we hear news about this exciting new series by Yuu Watase!!
    Stars of the Four Gods ~ A Yuu Watase Guild | Slayers Guild | SNK Fan Club v.2
    Super Moderator of ANIMENATION Forums (2008 - Present)
    Lets help support AN by being more active in our community!!
    Say NO to bootlegs or illegal downloads. Help the Anime industry by supporting our distributers.

So this is Suzuno's story then?

I never did finish Genbu Kaiden...
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_56715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2471909

Yes, this is Suzuno's story. We only got a teaser of it when we watched the original FY series towards the end (around episode 43). I'm really ecstatic to watch Byakko's story unfold. I just love romance stories!!

The prequel to the series, FY: Genbu Kaiden ended​ a few years ago at volume 12. You can still find the last volumes in stores. I should probably update the FY: Genbu Kaiden thread in the near future becaue sI haven't posted on that thread in a long time.
      All things related to Japanese comics and graphic novels.
      Last edited by Lemina; April 15th, 2016, 09:25 PM. Reason: Inserted Thumbnail
      Say NO to bootlegs or illegal downloads. Help the Anime industry by supporting our distributers.

Comment

Wow...I did not know that Byakko Ibun was out...to be honest I have not even finished Genbu Kaiden yet either....I got very busy these past few years and now Tala and my life got really busy and it's been a chaotic mess these past couple of months. I just wish I had more free time to do things...
        Always smile; even if it's a bad day.

Avatar: Shirayuki and Obi from Snow White with the Red Hair

Comment

Woah! What a blast from the past! The original anime was broadcast between 1995-1996, which itself was based on a manga that ran from 1992
          Manga raw is great option to read your manga online. You dont need to pay any fees to choose manga raw. jpmangaraw is the great one for that option.

Comment

I forgot this even existed. So long since I've read anything of Watase's...
            In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

I only read the first chapter (more like an introduction chapter), and I say Suzuno will have a difficult time as a priestess...especially with people seems to avoid (or is it hate, the right word) White Tigers, and seems to believe that that white tigers are those 'shifters' that people seems to believe bring misfortune to the land...

Comment

I forgot this was a thing.

Comment

I'm still excited as I have ever been. Only one volume of this series has been released and it was only released once for Monthly Flowers. Looking forward to vol. 2 whenever it comes out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemina View Post
                    I'm still excited as I have ever been. Only one volume of this series has been released and it was only released once for Monthly Flowers. Looking forward to vol. 2 whenever it comes out!!
                    Oh wow. I forgot that this was even real. This has not been picked up by VIZ yet I am assuming?

Always smile; even if it's a bad day.

Avatar: Shirayuki and Obi from Snow White with the Red Hair

Comment

I totally forgot this exists.

You never really hear about Watase anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                        I totally forgot this exists.

You never really hear about Watase anymore.
                        Yup, she still exists, but is doing things a lot more slowly now.

Its been a long time since I last posted, but there is an update to the series Fushigi Yuugi Byakko Ibun. According to the July 2017 issue of Monthly Flowers magazine published in Japan, it was revealed that the manga was going to be titled Fushigi Ygi: Byakko Senki. You know I'm super excited about this when it the manga starts coming out!! It just makes me read by original FY and FYGK manga all over again to keep up to date with what is going on.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ust-28/.114594

Comment

Working...
                        X