MirKz's Art Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MirKz View Post

Thanks, I feel a bit stagnant with my drawing to be honest. I draw maybe 1-2 pictures a year if I'm lucky these days as time escapes me so quickly and I get busy doing other things in my spare time (like gaming) and forget about drawing. I usually only draw if there's a character that really grabs me or I have an artistic urge these days.
    Well, if you're drawing because of the fun of drawing then it's okay, but if you want to make something out of your drawing you will need to practice more. In the second case, try to make time for it in weekends like one hour or two. When I read something really good, I feel jealous so I go start writing so maybe try to see different art styles, I hope it will motivates you to draw more.

All the best. =)
    You taught me the courage of stars before you left.
    How light carries on endlessly, even after death.
    With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
    How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Originally posted by Taleen View Post

Well, if you're drawing because of the fun of drawing then it's okay, but if you want to make something out of your drawing you will need to practice more. In the second case, try to make time for it in weekends like one hour or two. When I read something really good, I feel jealous so I go start writing so maybe try to see different art styles, I hope it will motivates you to draw more.

All the best. =)

I definitely find motivation through seeing other's work or through watching anime/playing games, usually it's at the worst time for me too. As in, last year I was away in Italy for nearly a month, happened to come across an amazing digital piece by Sakimichan on deviantart and all I did was want to draw, but no drawing materials etc and being away from home wasn't really able to.
      I think I got back and dabbled a little though for memory.

Whilst it'd be great to draw full time, I don't think I'd have it in me. I love it and it relaxes me, but if I had to do it for a living I think I'd hit a creative brick wall pretty quickly. Not to mention I can't draw my own material from my head at all. Something I've always wanted to do and I did try a bit about 15 years back but never really kept at it.. was easier to copy and recreate someone elses idea.
      I long for that of which i dream of...

As one journey ends... another begins.

http://mirkz2005.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MirKz View Post

I definitely find motivation through seeing other's work or through watching anime/playing games, usually it's at the worst time for me too. As in, last year I was away in Italy for nearly a month, happened to come across an amazing digital piece by Sakimichan on deviantart and all I did was want to draw, but no drawing materials etc and being away from home wasn't really able to.
        I think I got back and dabbled a little though for memory.
        Come on! If I were you, I would've done the same. Italian architecture is da art! You're forgiven, no worries.

Whilst it'd be great to draw full time, I don't think I'd have it in me. I love it and it relaxes me, but if I had to do it for a living I think I'd hit a creative brick wall pretty quickly.
        You don't have to do it as a full time thing, if you practiced you will get better and who knows? You might find yourself making a profit out of it, be open to chances.

Not to mention I can't draw my own material from my head at all. Something I've always wanted to do and I did try a bit about 15 years back but never really kept at it.. was easier to copy and recreate someone elses idea.
        You tried to draw from your imagination 15 years ago and you failed? Maaaan, 15 years ago I thought the moon was a glowing sticker circle that follows me wherever I go. Seriously, Try! You have nothing to lose, you could even go for some tutorials, it's on Youtube. Maybe being able to draw different eye shape and different face expressions will help you create your own art.

You taught me the courage of stars before you left.
        How light carries on endlessly, even after death.
        With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
        How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg. 2017 Best AN couple

Comment

Working...
        X