No announcement yet.

Nutmeg's Untitled Shuuhei AN Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked Plough to pick a number between 25-50 and he said 32... and that was Nutmeg's number of likes.
    Never Underestimate This Madwoman's Eternal Goober-ness
    Taleen and Nutmeg: We are the Talmeg, nothing can stop us =D
    AN's Alpha Female

Avatar: Baby Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy

Comment

Hahaha, you really have your ways, gal! lol
      And I think to myself what a wonderful world.​​​​​​~

Comment

copy and paste
        AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by sazae View Post

I think might still have some of it in my Skype window from when we were talking yesterday.
          You should have recognized 2 of those responses. I took your short answer, and part of your long answer.
          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Chapter 9: Family

Nutmeg walked back into Goddy's Coffee Shop, tucking her phone into her pocket. As she approached the table, she noticed Shuuhei had changed into his work uniform. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his lap.

"Everything ok?"

She nodded. "My parents are extending their vacation another week. They wanted to call and check up on me and see how my project went."

"I'm so glad that's over," Plough moaned. "I had the worst partner."

"Sorry, Plough," Shuuhei said. "We felt bad for you. No one likes working with him because he doesn't work. I'm sorry no one told you."

Plough shrugged again. "I put it on our evaluation."

"Philly knows, too," replied a boy with bandages around his head. He was Jazz, Taleen's partner. "Philly won't do you wrong on that."

"Jazz has been stuck with him more than anyone," Shuuhei told them. "I, however, had a great partner."

Nutmeg laughed. "I had a partner that left me speechless."

"And he still does," Taleen added.

Nutmeg flushed. "You did it on purpose, didn't you?"

Taleen grinned. "You two are so cute together."

"I'm not complaining," Shuuhei whispered to Nutmeg.

"How long have you worked here?" Jazz asked.

"Since we opened a couple of years ago."

"I remember Coffee-san's place a couple blocks away," Taleen said.

Shuuhei grinned. "Goddy took most of his business. He had to close last year."

"That's mean!" Taleen cried.

"It's business," Shuuhei pointed out.

"So, Taleen, who's next on your list? I want in on this one!" Jazz scratched his bandages.

"Plough!"

"What? No. Not me. Do not pick me."

She laughed. "I think Sazae."

"I think he already has his sights on someone," Shuuhei whispered to Nutmeg. She looked up at their student teacher who sat talking to Goddy. Shuuhei and Nutmeg had noticed he came in every day after school.

"You'll have to let me know if he comes in tomorrow," she told him.

"I will. I should go. It would be bad to be late when I'm sitting here. Are you staying or do you want me to pick you up after?"

"I can stay. I have my laptop to keep me entertained." Nutmeg stood to let Shuuhei up.

"For four hours?"

"We'll stay too!" Taleen looked at Jazz and Plough for confirmation. They nodded.

Shuuhei smiled. "Ok then." He leaned over and gently kissed Nutmeg. "I'll be around."

He started to walk away, but Taleen stopped him. "We need cake!"

"Four pieces of cake, coming up." With a wink at Nutmeg, Shuuhei walked up to the counter and gave Goddy their order. "Put it on my tab," he told her.

Goddy rolled her eyes at him. "You're not going to save money by spending it all on cake."

"It's the first time I've done this. I don't mind."

"Your tab is nearing $100 from this week."

Shuuhei shrugged. "It's fine. Don't worry."

"I do worry cause you aren't."

"I've applied for every scholarship I can."

Goddy put the cake on a tray. "Now that this project is done..."

"I'm not going to stop seeing Nutmeg. I like her. I like being with her. Why don't you like her?"

"I don't know her. I have no opinion of her."

"I can probably tell you what you'd like to know." Shuuhei took the tray over to his friends. "Your cake, Taleen."

"Oh yes. All for me."

"Share."

"Meanie!"

"On the house."

"Shuuhei, you don't have to buy Taleen cake," Nutmeg told him.

"I have to thank her somehow. She paired us up." He winked at her and turned when he heard the glass break.

Goddy was at the door before Shuuhei started after her.

"Wait." Someone placed a hand on Shuuhei's shoulder. "I'll take care of her."

Shuuhei nodded at Sazae and went behind the counter to clean up the broken glass.

Sazae walked outside. "Wanna talk?"

Goddy let out a breath. "I'm ok."

"No you're not. You're trying to be, but you're not."

"I just.. Shuuhei...," she groaned.

"Nutmeg is a very smart young lady. She's going to college to get a degree teaching math. They had one of the best projects in the class."

"I don't expect anything less from Shuuhei than the best. He has his sights on an expensive college. I can't afford it."

"There are scholarships he can get..."

"He's applied, but now... with her... what if...?"

"Shuuhei is more than your staff, and I don't think he's your biological son, but you seem very close to him. Almost maternal."

Goddy sighed and pushed her hair out of her face. "Shuuhei's not my son, but his mother was my best friend. His parents were killed a couple years ago. She'd asked me when he was born if I'd take care of him if anything ever happened to them. She was my best friend. I would have done anything for her. I've known Shuuhei his whole life. After... he came to live with me. That was weird for both of us. An apartment opened up on my floor, and we rented it. He has his apartment and I have mine. He's not my biological son, and I'm not his mother, but we're family."

Sazae reached over and wiped away the tear that fell down her cheek. "Maybe you should let me take you out after you close."

"That might be nice. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking Netflix and chill."

Goddy smiled. "I'll take a rain check on that, but how about dinner?"

"We can do dinner."

He changed after his shift ended. Before getting Nutmeg, Shuuhei approached Goddy. "Are we ok?"

"I think so. Maybe you should have your.." she took a breath "Girlfriend over for dinner one night. I should get to know her better."

Shuuhei smiled. "Then I'll invite her over. You'll like her."

"It doesn't matter if I like her. It only matters if you like her."

"I do like her." He walked over to Nutmeg. "Are you ready?"

"If you are."

He took her hand and they walked outside.

"Is everything alright with you and Goddy? I don't want her to fire you because of me. I don't want you to lose your job."

Shuuhei laughed. "Everything is fine." He realized that he'd never told anyone what he was about to tell Nutmeg. The fact that he wanted to tell her made him realize how much he liked and trusted her. "My parents died a couple years ago..."

Nutmeg squeezed his hand. "Shuuhei, I'm so sorry."

He shook his head. "We lived about 20 minutes away from here. I've known Goddy my entire life. She was my mom's best friend, and now, she's my legal guardian. She wants to have dinner one night so she can get to know you better."

"I don't see a problem with that."

He smiled as he kissed her softly. "I didn't think you would."
            Last edited by Nutmeg; January 14th, 2017, 05:56 PM.
            AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Love it Nutmeg though I think there may be to much subtlety in regards to certain characters I mean for Taleen to just ask for cake like that while bypassing all the gentlemanly norms of going slower with what you would like instead of just up and asking like that. These have been great and now I wait for the next chapter like I wait for the next episode of a favorite show.
              "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

to all removed removed members from this forum... you have been deleted for a reason and my mind does not change

Comment

I am such a good mom. :D

Comment

Me and cakes! You really know how to make Taleen seem like real Taleen, gal! Well done ..loved it!!

Nutmeg don't want Shuuhei to get me cake, she wants all the cake but that I ate! xD
                  And I think to myself what a wonderful world.​​​​​​~

Comment

See miss Taleen when there is something you want you have to know when it's alright to be a little to be a assertive and when you gotta play the slower game. You let the cake know that you are interested and see how the response is. From there you work on showing the cake that you are actually pretty nice and be like "hey cake, just gotta say that I happen to really like you and think you are an awesome piece of cake". You must then listen from there and make the appropriate response because you may feel left in the cold if it's only an icy shoulder that you get in return. It's not the quickest process but at the same time you don't take to long because then the cake may lose interest and find it somewhere else. It's a delicate balancing act when you really like the cake and not just in the 1-2 day sense. Thankfully though being adults it relieves a lot of the extra stupidity and unnecessary junk that seemed to always be present when younger. At this point you can make that initial move on the cake knowing that at least you gave it a shot and if the response if positive then that is awesome and if not well at least you gave it a shot and there was nothing to lose.
                    "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

to all removed removed members from this forum... you have been deleted for a reason and my mind does not change

Comment

#BetheCake!

Comment

While anybody can be the cake, or the one desiring the cake, I believe miss Taleen still needs a little bit longer before she reaches for it. It is special when one can be the cake and also the one trying to get the cake.

Comment

sazae you forgot that you have to buy the cake socks...
                          AN's Alpha Female

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                            #BetheCake!
                            You know you can always be the cake with me miss Goddy

Comment

I hope the cake is no longer a lie...
                              My Pokťmon brings all the boys to the yard
                              And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?"
                              Damn right, I wanna trade cards
                              I can trade you, but not Charizard

Comment

Never a lie with me, I'm a bit nicer than GLaDOS

Comment

Working...
                                X