League Of Black Cosplayers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Of Black Cosplayers

Since there aren't many black characters in anime, African Americans, much like myself, are challenged with thinking outside of racially correct cosplaying. Those that aren't afraid i have deemed "The League of Black Cosplayers". I soonwill be joining this and i am wondering, who else is out there?

Not me, since I am not black. But good luck anyway.
    It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

To be fair, most Asians doing cosplay look nothing like the characters from a racial perspective either.

Comment

Dude just cosplay whatever characters you like, don't let your skin colour dictate it for you

Examples of such:

All of these look great. Cosplaying is about having fun! So just cosplay as the characters you like the best.

Comment

Yeah, I would not mess with they guy in the Captain America outfit!
          It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

I'm not certain why race matters in cosplay unless the character's core characteristics are somehow related to their skin tone.

I don't know of many characters that would be awkward to cosplay as a member of another race, to be honest. Heck, if GENDER isn't much of an issue in the cosplay community, I can't see why race would even be a blip on the RADAR.
            ...there is no good reason for smart people to subject themselves to barrages of epithets, delivered by people who have not yet been taught to think critically.

~ Charles C. W. Cooke

Comment

I'm not saying it matters but i respect all other black people that do this. It ranges from really epic, to hilarious.

Comment

Just cosplay as the characters you like and have fun.

Originally posted by superplough View Post
                In the canon Marvel Universe, the first Captain America was black. Just sayin'
                Avatar - Monkey D Luffy, not impressed with that ****

Comment

I did not know that

Comment

Google Captain America Isaiah Bradley.

Most anime characters are Japanese and most cosplayers I see don't look even a little Japanese so I wouldn't worry too much about cosplaying as a character from a different ethnic background. Most people I see are doing it most of the time.

Comment

Well. I am going to go to a convention in july as Natsu from Fairy Tail and i'm super pumped. I could also double as gray but anyone could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by old hat View Post
                        Most anime characters are Japanese and most cosplayers I see don't look even a little Japanese so I wouldn't worry too much about cosplaying as a character from a different ethnic background. Most people I see are doing it most of the time.
                        I think it was on some other site, someone who was Japanese complained about cosplayers who weren't. He considered it racist that Westerners would portray Japanese characters. My reaction would have been to ask how many Japanese anime characters actually look Japanese, but someone beat me to it.

Plus not all anime characters are Japanese. Gunslinger Girl, Bacanno!, Hellsing and a few others do not have a single Japanese character.
                        It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MeMyself View Post
                          I think it was on some other site, someone who was Japanese complained about cosplayers who weren't. He considered it racist that Westerners would portray Japanese characters. My reaction would have been to ask how many Japanese anime characters actually look Japanese, but someone beat me to it.
                          There is always some jackass ready to jump up and call everything racist.

Most anime characters are Japanese
                          Plus not all anime characters are Japanese.
                          LEARN
                          TO
                          READ

Comment

learn
                            to
                            read
                            the
                            entire
                            It's 2 AM somewhere.

Comment

the
                              entire
                              Ok, time for a basic reading lesson.

most
                              [mohst]
                              adjective superl. of much or many with more as compar.
                              1. in the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: to win the most votes.

all
                              [awl]
                              adjective
                              1.the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.

Most means in the greatest quantity. Most anime characters are Japanese means that Japanese characters are in the greatest quantity. This is what I posted.

All means the whole of. All anime characters are Japanese would mean that the whole of anime characters are Japanese. This is what you responded to.

Seriously, learn to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X