Post Pictures of your Anime Collection!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiku II View Post
    I just wandered into this thread and… HOLY S??? tigeress02! You're an animal! Wait a minute. Are those Zoids hiding in the bottom pic.? Maaan… I remember having Zoids back in like 1980, waaay before the show. They were more modeled after actual dinosaurs and didn't have any color schemes; just black and grey for the most part. I sure loved 'em too. They were battery operated and had lil' dudes in the cockpits, and you switch parts around some. I had a brontosaurus looking one that was particularly impressive. The ptreodactyl was probably my favorite thought. I could take it with me, cuz pterodactyls could fly you know. Man… I really went off on a tangent; sorry. That really is a monstrous anime collection though tigeress02.
    Don't worry about it. And yes, I do have a bunch of Zoids. I have a bunch more that I haven't even built yet because I don't have anywhere to display them.
    Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
    My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
      Don't worry about it. And yes, I do have a bunch of Zoids. I have a bunch more that I haven't even built yet because I don't have anywhere to display them.
      That's awesome. I think that it's about time you march down to an IKEA or the like, buy a display case or shelf or somesuch, build your Zoids, and post a picture for us to see. Otherwise; why have 'em, right? Just kidding, except for the part where I'd like to see the Zoids built. As for me, I've got myself on a short leash. I only collect Nendos and Figmas, and even then; only ones that are related to stuff I really like. I do kinda get into it though. I get glass doll domes with walnut bases for all of my figures, and I've got a tackle box sized craft case that I keep all of their accessories organized in; replete with names written on each cubby so I don't get their parts mixed up… OK… I'm kinda feelin' like a dork right now, so i"m just gonna stop my tanget right here. Kiku II, out.
      No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

with the new shelves I figured I'd update the pics here.... plus I kind of wanted to see how a panorama image would turn out..

Wall 1

Wall 2 - 4 .... sorry room is a mess at the moment.. lol

Comment

Damn...how big is your TV?
          "I suddenly realized we were all crazy and had nothing to work for except the next meal and the next good sleep"

Comment

55in.... it's just a normal sized tv lol.... the panorama shot makes it look bigger...
            this is my tv ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U5ZT5LU ) .... I was going to get the 65in but that would have been a little to big for my room.... room is only like 12 x 12.....
            Last edited by Sloner52; April 29th, 2016, 01:54 AM.

Comment

New account, site make over (unsure when that happened), new thread, my same old collection.

http://imgur.com/a/DRpks

Comment

The last time I took a picture . . . I've moved most of it to catalog binders with the exception of box sets & BD at this time to save space.

Comment

Well, I finally got off my lazy butt and took some new pictures. I think it's been a little over 3 years since the last set of pics.

Left side (mostly manga):

Right side (anime)

I scratch built these last summer (mostly pine, ~12 in wide boards). It's actually 8 smaller units that I connected all together to form one unit. I covered it with black lacquer spray paint. Just enough to make it shiny, but not so much to make the wood grain disappear. The copper bars (copper plumbing parts and some rubber caps for the ends of the pipe) at the top are to hang curtains from, since I wanted something to help keep the dust off (hate dusting). I did make sure they were sheer, so I can still see my collection through them. I also put some rubbery shelf liner under my artboxes, to give them something soft to sit on, as I noticed some of my older boxes had gotten a bit scuffed up over the years.

Here's a couple shots of my old set up for comparison: Left side, Right side

And the close-ups of the anime. Do note that quite a bit of my collection is "Frankenstein-ed" in one way or another to help save on space, so not everything I have is visible (use the links to DVDAF or DVDProfiler for a full list). I'm pretty sure if I undo all of it, I'd be drowning in stuff. Also, I sort my collection by packaging type and then alphabetically (strange, I know).

Top of small L shelf: These are artboxes of unusual shapes or materials (metal and wood). I really hope Sunrise gets a move on and sends Sentai materials for the chunk of titles they licensed from them several years ago. I really want to replace that s-CRY-ed set. You can't see them, but my hentai DVDs are stashed up there too.

Top of left straight shelf: NISA long boxes and the old Bandai Haruhi LE artbox.

I did take close-ups of the rest of these shelves, but I'm leaving them out of this post as it pretty much all manga. I can post them later if anyone is curious.

Right straight shelf (top): On top are the "sideways" artboxes and the Samurai 7 LEs. Hidden behind them is the Zeta Gundam LE set that Bandai put out (came with pencil sharpeners w/mobile suits on them). Below that is the start of the regular DVD-sized cases (there are BDs mixed in).

Right straight shelf (upper middle): More regular DVD-sized cases.

Right straight shelf (lower middle): The last of the regular DVD-sized cases. Goes into brick packaging and then digipaks.

Right straight shelf (bottom): Last of the digipaks and the non-chipboard thinpaks. This was also the only space I could fit my JP Garden of Sinners set.

Large L (top): Artboxes, mostly chipboard. On top are series that had multiple boxes or were just really large. Below starts with the thinpak chipboard boxes and then goes to "normal" sized boxes.

Large L (middle): More artboxes.

Large L (bottom): Last of the artboxes. All of the Fate boxes are JP imports. Next to them is the Kickstarter Escaflowne set and my BD-sized artboxes. Shelf below is all BDs, except for the Tyler sets. Separated out the Ghibli films from everything else. Shelf below that is full of old anime magazines (Animerica, Newtype USA, Anime Invasion/Insider) and old RS catalogs. FWIW, I also have the entire run of Shojo Beat and several years of Shonen Jump tucked away as well.
                  Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                  My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

^^^ Most awesome! Makes me feel like a noob collector, still...

Comment

Wow, tigress, it's gotten even more epic! Very impressive pictures. Thank you for sharing. I was curious to see how your collection has grown.
                      Meow Meow
                      The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                      ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

not the biggest collection by any means but hopefully it'll grow in time......sorry about the lighting there is no windows in this room

Wall 1

if you want to see the titles behind the tv...(there is an image limit of 5 or I would post it here) not the best picture but here you go..

Wall 2

here is a little better picture for the titles on the other side of this shelf....

Wall 3

Wall 4
                        the anime titles are in the top of the two billy bookcases.... the right one is full of my orange brick dbz, dragonball, and gt sets..... plus a bunch of other titles i stuffed in there to make some room on the other shelfs.............. in the top left bookcase is some of my NIS, Funimation, Pony canyon collector sets.... I know its hard to see...

Comment

I've only got the one wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            I've only got the one wall.

But what an impressive one it is! XD
                            Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

I don't think "only" was the proper adjective to use there. That's one helluva collection.
                              Meow Meow
                              The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                              ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Working...
                              X