No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, but, don't you do yard work, and you said your in your 50's.
    So that would make you a dirty old man now wouldn't it...
    ( At this point I'm just messin' with ya)

As for Fanservice, It's a coin toss for me.
    Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

I dunno, I would be sad without fanservice. I mean, my kind of fanservice. Like, shirtless bishounen. I am a perv and I will admit it.
      Meow Meow
      The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
      ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
        I dunno, I would be sad without fanservice. I mean, my kind of fanservice. Like, shirtless bishounen. I am a perv and I will admit it.
        And that's why the lord createth Free! And all was good.

Like I said, it's kind of coin toss for me.
        Sometimes I'm okay with it, sometime I just can't help but shake my head and and wonder why...

Comment

I love fanservice but a whole episode of nothing but fanservice would be a little too much for me-all things are better in moderation.
          "The world can be a scary place."

Comment

I wish I could be a shirtless bishounen, but unfortunately, I'm long past that stage in my life - you definitely wouldn't want to see me shirtless now, lol...

Comment

OK, this is actually anime-related, so I'll post a few pics here... I'm in the process of constructing a pair of new anime shelves for expanded storage space - something we all seem to always be short on, lol... Each unit is 36" x 78" and made from 1x8 stock. Ther are 8 shelves per unit, and 7 are adjustable height with shelf pegs if I ever need to move them. Currently I have all the shelves spaced evenly with an opening 8 3/4" high for each shelf, so plenty of height for even the tall G1 chipboard LE box sets from Japan I love so much. Just this past weekend I disassembled them, labeled each part, and started the long process of priming and painting them both...

Comment

I finally received my pre-order of Kuromukuro Part 1 with GWP today, which was supposed to ship on July 1st, but was pulled and delayed for 14 weeks by PonyCan to correct a printing error where the labels were mistakenly swapped between discs 2 and 3... I now finally have both CE Parts 1 & 2, along with the original key frame "Gift With Purchase" that came with the pre-order of each Part. Both key frames happen to be of the Female MC, Yukina Shirahane. Now I can spend even more money to frame both of them!

Last edited by t-Roy; October 10th, 2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Those sets look nice.
                  If I had some cash I'd possibly drop it on them.

Comment

They're actually not that great - each is just a standard DVD case and a 1/4" thick booklet stuffed inside a fat o-card slipcover, open bottom and top - I wish they'd at least made side-load slipcases for them. The only thing that made them even remotely worth the PonyCan price was getting an original key fame with each set, but those only came with pre-orders.

Comment

Wait, they're not the over size clamshells that the first PonyCan releases had?
                      Talk about cheaping out big time...

Comment

t-Roy, those shelves are very awesome! They will look great for your collection.
                        Meow Meow
                        The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                        ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                          Wait, they're not the over size clamshells that the first PonyCan releases had?
                          Talk about cheaping out big time...
                          No these are standard G1 DVD size. Nothing I would call a Collector's Edition packaging, other than it includes a soundtrack CD. I believe PonyCan may be done with releasing anime in those over-sized sets. I didn't mind those big sets though, as they were almost the same size as the old NISA LE box sets, so I have the one PonyCan release I own (Rokka) lined up on a bookshelf next to those.

Here is an unboxing video for Kuromukuro Part 1 on YT, he gets to Kuromukuro at about the 3:00 mark... The guy seems clueless as to what show it is he even bought, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EokrvSct08

t-Roy, those shelves are very awesome! They will look great for your collection.
                          Thanks, DK - I like that I am able build my own shelving, especially when I can use better quality solid wood and make them much more sturdy than store-bought MDF shelves, and even at less cost - the only problem is, it ties up my garage for about a month while I'm doing all that painting, so my car has to live out in the driveway for a while. So I want to get these shelves done before it gets cold enough outside to frost up my car windows - I hate scraping windows in the morning before going to work!
                          Last edited by t-Roy; October 12th, 2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X