No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally received shipment of the Amazon sale items I ordered back on the 10th, so exactly 2 weeks to arrive. Kinda miss my 2-day Prime shipping... oh well.

Still waiting on Barakamon (was OOS) and RWBY Volume 4 (June 6 pre-order)

I also received Tokyo Marble Chocolate CE from Anime-On-Line today. I've been waiting since November for this one, the release kept getting delayed, and then delayed some more. Will probably show this to my mom this weekend during our anime marathon.

Comment

• Received Barakamon in the mail yesterday, from the Amazon sale... Not sure if I'll even like it, it was a total blind buy, haven't even seen a trailer for it - but for $14, I'll at least give it a try. The slipcover does have a nice matte finish...

Now I'm only waiting on RWBY Volume 4 Blu-ray from the same order - it releases in just four days.

Comment

• T-roy tell if its any good when you get around to watching it.
        It looks kinda cute based on the cover.
        Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

• Yeah, OK - looking at the back cover, I'm afraid it may be too comical for me, I was hoping it would be a more "calm" slice of life series... I just don't like comedy anime. I guess I'll find out, and if I don't like it, I'll just add it to my "for sale" pile. Only thing is, it could be 3 years until I get a chance to watch it, I have such a backlog of anime on my shelf I haven't even seen yet, lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
            Yeah, OK - looking at the back cover, I'm afraid it may be too comical for me, I was hoping it would be a more "calm" slice of life series... I just don't like comedy anime. I guess I'll find out, and if I don't like it, I'll just add it to my "for sale" pile. Only thing is, it could be 3 years until I get a chance to watch it, I have such a backlog of anime on my shelf I haven't even seen yet, lol...
            I LOVE Barakamon. Yes, there's some comedy, but there are episodes where it's calm.

(if you don't want it though, I"ll buy it from you! I own this on digital but I never heard the dub)
            Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
            In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

• Ok, good to hear that it's not all comedy. And if I could give you just the dub off my copy, it would be all yours, since I don't listen to English dubs with anime unless someone is holding a gun to my head, lol...

So I picked up RWBY Volume 4 on Tuesday, but had too much going on this week to get any photos taken on time. The full Volume 4 soundtrack releases on June 16th, but four of the songs were released on iTunes two days ago, and they're up on YT as well. The soundtracks for all four volumes are simply amazing; Jeff Williams really composes excellent music and lyrics, and his teenage daughter Casey Lee Williams can really belt them out, including some really high notes!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=218

Anyway, here are the RWBY releases I now have in my collection; I'm anxiously awaiting the Volume 4 Japanese Limited Edition, which probably won't be out until sometime this fall. The JP LE releases do include the soundtrack CDs inside, so I don't really need to buy those separately.

Comment

• I the cover art for both releases, but this is a I don't see my self picking up.
                I'm not a fan of 3d CGI stuff.
                ( yes I am a 2d'er fo life! )

Comment

• Well, the way I look at it, we may as well get used to it now, as all anime will eventually go the CGI route - it's just a matter of time. Fortunately, I already happen to love CGI anime, so I won't have any problem with the transition. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss out on experiencing such an awesome story as RWBY just because I don't care for it's animation style. And the animation in RWBY has gotten to be so much better in just four seasons, it is pretty incredible. It started out as a super-low-budget web series with in-house voice actors with zero experience, but has become a major production with a huge fandom, and is now using a more-advanced animation program and well-known Funimation voice actors such as Josh Grelle, Aaron Dismuke, Vic Mignogna, J. Michael Tatum, and Kent Williams. Also Jen Taylor, the voice of Microsoft's Cortana assistant and in the Halo games, and Jessica Nigri, the famous cosplayer. The first season may be a little hard to get through, a cute and happy story with some wonky animation and awkward voice acting, but all of it makes big leaps in quality with every season. The story itself progressively gets darker and more intense, with the third season being a real heart-stopper. I can't get enough of it, lol...

Comment

• Well good for you then.

I'm well aware of the fact it's the future of anime.
                    The 3D CGI is slowly but surely creeping it's way into everything.
                    And when we get to the point when the entire anime seasons are done that way, I'll be done with this medium.
                    I know I won't be missing out on much.
                    And I have a large enough of a backlog to me busy.

Comment

• Ajin and IGLOO came in this week. I picked up the L/R set at the HPB that I like to visit when my mom and I go on our biannual Asian grocery runs on the other side of the mountains.

Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                      My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Well, the way I look at it, we may as well get used to it now, as all anime will eventually go the CGI route - it's just a matter of time. Fortunately, I already happen to love CGI anime, so I won't have any problem with the transition. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss out on experiencing such an awesome story as RWBY just because I don't care for it's animation style. And the animation in RWBY has gotten to be so much better in just four seasons, it is pretty incredible. It started out as a super-low-budget web series with in-house voice actors with zero experience, but has become a major production with a huge fandom, and is now using a more-advanced animation program and well-known Funimation voice actors such as Josh Grelle, Aaron Dismuke, Vic Mignogna, J. Michael Tatum, and Kent Williams. Also Jen Taylor, the voice of Microsoft's Cortana assistant and in the Halo games, and Jessica Nigri, the famous cosplayer. The first season may be a little hard to get through, a cute and happy story with some wonky animation and awkward voice acting, but all of it makes big leaps in quality with every season. The story itself progressively gets darker and more intense, with the third season being a real heart-stopper. I can't get enough of it, lol...

Hmph. It amazes how a 100% sub watcher like you has actually heard of dub actors like the ones you've named.

Comment

• Hmph - yeah, I had to spend a good half hour looking them all up on wikipedia while I was typing that up, because I certainly don't know who the hell any of those people are - that effort was all just for JES's benefit. I purposely bought the Limited Edition Japanese releases of RWBY just so I can listen to an American-made animated series in Japanese with subtitles - and it does sound better that way...

J.E.S. - I just finished watching the rest of ACCA 13 today on Crunchyroll (SUBTITLED, of course) and wow, was that ever a superb series - Best anime I've watched in the past year, alongside Ajin and Death Parade - can't wait to get the remaining two Japanese volumes for that series - I believe the second volume ships this week. Thanks so much for bringing ACCA to my attention earlier in this thread!
                          Last edited by t-Roy; Yesterday, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Got a few more anime imports in the mail today from a member on another anime forum - the first four Japanese releases of Gundam Origin... I didn't bother with getting the big LE sets for two reasons; I don't like oversized packaging that won't fit on a media shelf, and I'm not really a fan of mecha or Gundam in general - but I liked Origin because the majority of the story takes place before all the silly robots get manufactured and start taking center stage in the series...

Comment

J.E.S. - I just finished watching the rest of ACCA 13 today on Crunchyroll (SUBTITLED, of course) and wow, was that ever a superb series - Best anime I've watched in the past year, alongside Ajin and Death Parade - can't wait to get the remaining two Japanese volumes for that series - I believe the second volume ships this week. Thanks so much for bringing ACCA to my attention earlier in this thread!
                              Glad you thought it was a good watch.
                              I'm watching it as I get the volumes... so no spoilers Mister Mr.

Also, nice on the Gundam stuff.
                              I would've gotten but I'm kinda poor now soooo...
                              I'll just stick with Right Stuf's releases...

Comment

Working...
                              X