No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received Part 2 of the UK Your Lie in April in the mail yesterday. Still waiting on the replacement chipboard box set for Part 1 to arrive, to fix a manufacturing issue - it was shipped from AtA on May 4th, so it should be here any day now.

Comment

Is that show any good?
      And also, I guess we know that your not much of an Aniplex man.
      Not that I blame ya.
      I don't mind them but even I feel they want too much money...
      (Tool that I am I still but from them... )
      Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

Oh man, Your lie in April is an awesome series, especially if you're into classical music at all. Lots of feels in this one too. Beautiful story.

Actually, the UK YLiA is a double-dip for me - I already own the two Aniplex releases. I got the UK releases just for the nice art box that came with Part 1 to hold both parts. You are also slightly incorrect in your assumption - I actually own over 85 Aniplex releases now, and I still have 6 more to get in the coming months just to get caught up - I still need Parts 5 and 6 of Durarara X 2, the two Owarimonogatari, and the two Kizumonogatari releases. I buy more Aniplex releases than I do Funimation. Aniplex is my favorite domestic anime company, because I love the JP quality of their releases. The only anime I buy more of than Aniplex is actual Japanese releases.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
          Oh man, Your lie in April is an awesome series, especially if you're into classical music at all. Lots of feels in this one too. Beautiful story.

Actually, the UK YLiA is a double-dip for me - I already own the two Aniplex releases. I got the UK releases just for the nice art box that came with Part 1 to hold both parts. You are also slightly incorrect in your assumption - I actually own over 85 Aniplex releases now, and I still have 6 more to get in the coming months just to get caught up - I still need Parts 5 and 6 of Durarara X 2, the two Owarimonogatari, and the two Kizumonogatari releases. I buy more Aniplex releases than I do Funimation. Aniplex is my favorite domestic anime company, because I love the JP quality of their releases. The only anime I buy more of than Aniplex is actual Japanese releases.
          Heh heh, somehow I figured that you got that set for the box.
          I said it because Aniplex has been rather stingy with the chip board as of late.
          Seems like only the "Cream of the crop" (read Fate& SAO) are worthy of the chip board.
          I'm a bit tight on cash right now, but when I have some I might get it then. ( You're lie in April)

And dang nabbit, tell me what happened with Funi that made you go and say; ef off .
          It's driving me nuts thinking about it!

Comment

I'm jealous t-Roy I wish the US version of Your Lie in April came with a chipboard artbox. I'm happy with Aniplex's release though, overall. They just used dense cardboard....think they could do chipboard for the price I paid.
            My Anime List
            SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Comment

I'm very tight on cash for anime right now too, so I'm buying a lot less titles per month - but I am a collector, so I'll still buy the Collector's Editions even if I have to import them - I just can't buy as many. I actually like the Aniplex YLiA releases, I have nothing against them; even though I would prefer chipboard, the boxes they have them in are still nicely constructed, and they are side-load, which is a huge plus for me - I so despise Blu-ray cases and O-card slipcovers with their bare, exposed-cut edges on top and bottom, which get damaged and worn-looking way too easily. Give me a digipak covered in artwork inside a side-load slipbox any day... I wish AoA used more digipaks in their releases.
              Last edited by t-Roy; May 15th, 2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                And dang nabbit, tell me what happened with Funi that made you go and say; ef off .
                It's driving me nuts thinking about it!
                Lol, here's a post I made about that topic back in December on this forum...

https://www.animenation.com/forum/an...28#post2499928

I just avoid buying anything from Funimation whenever possible, although I'll still purchase some of their LE or CE sets if they don't have major issues. But, one thing I have learned is to never PRE-order any anime from either Funimation or Sentai, I now wait until a release has been out for a while to make sure there are no authoring or manufacturing issues with it (Funimation), and to avoid getting burnt from major sales shortly after receiving a pre-order title at full price (Sentai).

Comment

My latest arrival.

Next thing to arrive should be the Ajin S1 PE. I'm a little surprised it hasn't shipped early, though I wonder if that has to do with Netflix's involvement? Other than that, I don't have anything coming in until the end of June, when Aniplex drains my bank account of a few hundred in one shot.
                  Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                  My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post

Lol, here's a post I made about that topic back in December on this forum...

https://www.animenation.com/forum/an...28#post2499928

I just avoid buying anything from Funimation whenever possible, although I'll still purchase some of their LE or CE sets if they don't have major issues. But, one thing I have learned is to never PRE-order any anime from either Funimation or Sentai, I now wait until a release has been out for a while to make sure there are no authoring or manufacturing issues with it (Funimation), and to avoid getting burnt from major sales shortly after receiving a pre-order title at full price (Sentai).

Read your post.
                    Yeah, for someone like yourself those would be pretty big issues.
                    I'm not to fond of the "cramming" thing myself for different reasons, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying.
                    Also, speaking of the devil...
                    I just got my FREE! season one set and... yeah...
                    I'll post pics of it later as I'm waiting to get something else today.

Also the Sentai thing; I feel you.
                    Back in February, when Right Stuf had the Sentai Sale I went crazy and ordered a bunch of stuff.
                    Then a week or two after that they had that flash sale and I swear almost half the stuff I ordered was a part of that.
                    Needless to say... I was not happy camper about that...
                    (But tool that I am I still ordered a few more titles from it.
                    I never learn...)

Comment

Got these tonight. For a good price too. Almost missed these as they were in a different section than they normally have anime in. Can't believe I found Katanagatari Volume 2.

*Rightstuf! refugee*

My Anime Collection as listed on FilmAF http://guilewasnk.filmaf.com/owned/anime

"Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 47

Comment

Nice snag there, Guilley - Those have been OOP for quite a while now, iirc...

So anyway, speaking of Your Lie in April... I received my replacement Volume 1 Box set for the UK Your Lie in April CE from AllTheAnime today. They had made a sizing mistake with the original box and digipak so they re-manufactured the entire Volume 1 CE and sized it properly to fit both volumes. I slit the shrink wrap on the replacement set and inserted the Volume 2 release for the first photo and then took a few additional photos of the internals since the artwork on the digipaks and the discs inside was so nice. Some of the artwork is the same as was used in the AoA release...

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                          Next thing to arrive should be the Ajin S1 PE. I'm a little surprised it hasn't shipped early, though I wonder if that has to do with Netflix's involvement? Other than that, I don't have anything coming in until the end of June, when Aniplex drains my bank account of a few hundred in one shot.
                          I just saw today that the Ajin PE release has been delayed until June 8th now due to supply issues with the manufacturer... Grrr!

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                            So here's a Blu-ray i just received:
                            I really like Ms. Ono's works so when I saw this had English subtitles, I was like; SCREW IT! And ordered it.
                            It even came with a box to hold all three sets.
                            I'm looking forward to getting the rest of this set.
                            I just got my copy of Volume 1 today from Amazon JP - it looks surprisingly similar to your copy, but with no storage box... A little disappointed I missed out on that, but oh well.

Comment

Huzzah!

Sorry you didn't get a box though t-Roy.
                              I'd give you mine, but it does have a dent on it and I know how particular you are about dem boxes.

I was kinda surprised by mine to be honest.
                              I got it from AmiAmi along with some figures.
                              I open the box and when I saw it was like:
                              What are you?
                              Why are you here?
                              Oh you must have been a pre-order bonus or something...
                              And that mah story about the box.
                              Tomorrow I'l post pics of I got today.

Comment

And here I am posting what I got:

A bit of mix of things.
                                I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the Free! release.
                                The second season set had a lot more goodies and what not..
                                Ah well c'est la vie.

With this (and exempting pre-orders) I think I'm pretty much done getting any anime for a while.
                                Unless some truly amazing deal comes along...

Comment

Working...
                                X