No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can consider them my anime figures substitute, my fellow collector... lol!

Ghost in the Shell surpasses even my Japanese Studio Ghibli collection investment-wise, I probably spent twice as much on GitS already. I do cringe a little whenever I think about it - there's over $1000 invested in just that that top row alone...

Comment

Again, I know that.
      I've spent WAY to much on figures and some anime...(more than I care to admit... )
      But it is a really cool collection.
      I tip my hat to you.
      Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

And to you, too - I'm sure you'd hate to even think about the total investment of all those figures you've collected - that's better lost to the Annals of History, don't you think?!? Out of mind, out of sight...

Ah well, I will say that I have cut WAY back on my anime spending this year, I'm trying to keep it under $150 or $200 per month now - I have a lot of other living expenses I need to catch up on, so I'm slowing down big-time on the anime. But, I have plenty of un-watched anime to keep me busy for quite a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
          And to you, too - I'm sure you'd hate to even think about the total investment of all those figures you've collected - that's better lost to the Annals of History, don't you think?!? Out of mind, out of sight...
          What would happen if you saw what I've spent:

On a side note I need to post up some pics.
          I've got a camera, one from my brother as he wasn't it anymore, So I might as well get to learn how to use it.
          So I'll post some pics of couple of pretty neat little things later.

Comment

So here's a Blu-ray i just received:
            the latest series by Natsume Ono to be turned into an Anime: ACCA 13-ku kansatsu-ka

I really like Ms. Ono's works so when I saw this had English subtitles, I was like; SCREW IT! And ordered it.
            It even came with a box to hold all three sets.
            Said box

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of this set.

Comment

Ooo, congrats! I'm not too familiar with that series - I know it was a recent season's show, and I had read the blurb about the series, but that was about it. I remember thinking it looked like one of the few series I would be interested in for whatever season it aired in... I just checked out the first epsisode on CR, and I like it so far, except I could do without those random bursts of manic sillyness Japan considers to be "comedy." That stuff is so grating to me. I do see a lot of bishes for the ladies, so my mother will probably like it, lol... I will check out a few more eps - I may just need add that JP set to my collection at some point...

Comment

Thanks,
                I liked House of five Leaves and Ristorante Paradiso so I figured I'd be into this since the same author worked on it.
                I'm going to try to watch the first disc sometime today.

Comment

I have house of Five Leaves - I bought it used online about 3 years ago, and then just recently found out the discs in my LE set were part of the first run sets that were authored with mono audio by mistake - I contacted NISA and they still had the replacement discs with the proper stereo audio - and they actually sent me a set, 5 years after their original replacement program! I have not seen any of Paradiso, guess I will need to check out that one, too.

I just watched the second episode of ACCA - really starting to get into it, now. So much better than all that typical Jr. High School moe comedy fluff that makes me just want to gag, lol...

Comment

Now that is some good costumer service there! : D

Paradiso is a slice of life about a girl who goes to Italy to find her estranged mother, only to find she's remarried and now runs a restaurant that's full of older men who wear glasses. The girl takes a liking to one of them and hangs around to semi spite her mom.
                    It's slow and doesn't really go any where but the setting and characters are just so well done that I really became engrossed with the show and was sad to see end.
                    It's not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

Comment

Well I like slow-paced stories if they're done well, with good character and story development. I'll try to watch it after I go through ACCA... Thanks for the tip!

Ok, gotta start cleaning up now to get ready for my Monthly Movie Night showing tonight - I have 8-9 people coming to see Rogue One in my FreyMAX 3D theater at 7pm. I had 7 people at the Thursday night showing, ironically on Star Wars Day - 'May the 4th' be with you ...

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                        So here's a Blu-ray i just received:
                        the latest series by Natsume Ono to be turned into an Anime: ACCA 13-ku kansatsu-ka

I really like Ms. Ono's works so when I saw this had English subtitles, I was like; SCREW IT! And ordered it.
                        It even came with a box to hold all three sets.
                        Said box

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of this set.
                        ****. I need to see this!

I saw the first episode with the intention of watching the rest later, but I never got back to it. I like Ono's works too...
                        Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                        In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                          Now that is some good costumer service there! : D

Paradiso is a slice of life about a girl who goes to Italy to find her estranged mother, only to find she's remarried and now runs a restaurant that's full of older men who wear glasses. The girl takes a liking to one of them and hangs around to semi spite her mom.
                          It's slow and doesn't really go any where but the setting and characters are just so well done that I really became engrossed with the show and was sad to see end.
                          It's not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

I really liked Paradiso in the fact that it was more middle aged people not your typical high school fluff.

And I need to see House of 5 Leaves.
                          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

I really liked Paradiso in the fact that it was more middle aged people not your typical high school fluff.

And I need to see House of 5 Leaves.
                            Paradiso was nice in that regard as well.

House of Five Leaves was pretty engrossing as well.
                            Ono has such a way with how she writes her characters and their interactions with one another.
                            I was pretty touched by the end of it.

Comment

Arrived yesterday.

Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                              My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

I need to order that Grimgar CE yet, I love the art on it. I did snag the Noragami Aragato LE during that Amazon "Flash" Sale early yesterday morning, along with Ergo Proxy, Barakamon, and a few other non-sale titles - 5 Centimeters per Second, Horus Prince of the Sun, and RWBY Vol 4. Noragami was for my youngest daughter, one of her favorites, and Ergo Proxy was a double-dip that I only needed for subtitles, as my JP release is dub-only, unfortunately. Not sure if I'll even care for Barakamon, but for $14 on Blu-ray I'll take a chance on it.
                                Last edited by t-Roy; May 11th, 2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X