Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I received Anime Limited's Escaflowne CE from the UK in the mail today... Lol, It's definitely a little larger than the two Kickstarter box sets!

    Last edited by t-Roy; November 23rd, 2016, 06:10 PM.
    .

    Comment


      Man, it seems like the U.K. Sets are bigger and better. Is that the case?
      "Mission, Complete"

      Rightstuf Refugee

      Comment


        Originally posted by Gundam Meister View Post
        Man, it seems like the U.K. Sets are bigger and better. Is that the case?
        Well, as far as anime releases in general, yes, some of the more recent UK sets really blow the US releases out of the water. Anime Limited has been putting out some awesome Collector's sets with chipboard boxes and digipaks, whereas Funimation has instead been cutting way back on LE releases, and totally mucking up the ones they do put out. So I've basically given up on Funimation, and have switched over to buying a lot more UK anime box sets, since I already own a region-free Blu-ray player. I buy almost no anime at all from Funimation any longer.

        I wanted the UK Escaflowne set specifically for the 144 page hardcover art book, the 3 soundtrack CDs, and the digipaks. The subtitles on the UK set are not nearly as good as Funimation's though - so there's good and bad in both the UK and US Escaflowne sets.
        .

        Comment


          Does the U.K. Sets have funimations dub or do they have there own? Or none at all?
          "Mission, Complete"

          Rightstuf Refugee

          Comment


            Sorry Gundam, you're asking the wrong person that, because I don't listen to dubs to begin with - so I really wouldn't be able to tell you one way or the other. I would assume they use whatever dub is available, or maybe they'll do their own dub if there isn't one. They get a lot of their titles out before the US does, and some the US doesn't get at all, so those definitely wouldn't have a Funimation dub.
            .

            Comment


              Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
              Here is a pic of the internals for that nice Miss Hokusai Ultimate Edition, with wooden storage box - I finally was able to open it after AL emailed me back and told me I could just keep it, since it was their mistake. Anime Limited is on a roll with their sets lately...

              Im jealous. I really want to get that once it comes out in the US.
              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Gundam Meister View Post
                Does the U.K. Sets have funimations dub or do they have there own? Or none at all?
                I'm pretty sure the UK release doesn't have a dub. Not FUNimation, the dub is by NYAV Post whenever it gets released.

                Comment


                  Wait - was Gundam referring to a specific UK release? I thought he just meant UK releases in general. The UK Escaflowne release includes both the original Bandai English dub and the new Funimation dub.
                  .

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                    Ordered these right before my internet went buggy for a few days (no internet for 5 days ). $84 total for all three. Truthfully, the Orphen set was just tacked on to qualify the order for free shipping. I already have the old ADV brick for Season 1 and the singles for season 2. I guess I'll compare the ADV discs to the Sentai discs and keep the better set.

                    Can you get me any other pics please of the Golgo 13 set and it's back please? I have only seen the first 3 episodes of that newer Golgo series and very much want to check out the rest of it but did not know there was a full set released. Also can you comment on the quality of the series itself meaning it's extras, how well the video looks, anything at all please?
                    "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post

                      Im jealous. I really want to get that once it comes out in the US.
                      I actually have two of those UK wood box Collector's sets of Miss Hokusai - I have the "accidentally free" copy in my photo, and also one I ordered at a better price from a different retailer. So now I have an extra one to sell off - but it is Region B locked, you do need to have a multi-region Blu-ray player to play it...
                      .

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                        Wait - was Gundam referring to a specific UK release? I thought he just meant UK releases in general. The UK Escaflowne release includes both the original Bandai English dub and the new Funimation dub.
                        Sorry I thought he was still talking about Miss Hokusai. My bad

                        Originally posted by sazae View Post

                        Can you get me any other pics please of the Golgo 13 set and it's back please? I have only seen the first 3 episodes of that newer Golgo series and very much want to check out the rest of it but did not know there was a full set released. Also can you comment on the quality of the series itself meaning it's extras, how well the video looks, anything at all please?
                        Here's a review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Golgo-.../74276/#Review

                        1080i upscale. Doesn't look too great but it could've been worse, at least they didn't use noise reduction and make it look like wax like bad upscales can.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Levo View Post
                          Sorry I thought he was still talking about Miss Hokusai. My bad
                          Ah, Ok - yeah, The UK Miss Hokusai is not dubbed at all, just subtitles only.
                          .

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sazae View Post

                            Can you get me any other pics please of the Golgo 13 set and it's back please? I have only seen the first 3 episodes of that newer Golgo series and very much want to check out the rest of it but did not know there was a full set released. Also can you comment on the quality of the series itself meaning it's extras, how well the video looks, anything at all please?
                            Originally posted by Levo View Post
                            Here's a review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Golgo-.../74276/#Review

                            1080i upscale. Doesn't look too great but it could've been worse, at least they didn't use noise reduction and make it look like wax like bad upscales can.
                            Adding to what Levo posted, here's a couple of thread on the release at FP: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...ete-Collection and http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post202293

                            Haven't actually popped the discs in yet, so I'll defer to what Levo posted and the info on the other links. Though not really surprised the BD doesn't look great, since their isn't a BD in Japan. Mostly grabbed it because it was super cheap (SRP is $130 and it got it for $39). FWIW, the sets are currently part of the holiday sale at RS: http://www.rightstufanime.com/catego...keywords=golgo
                            Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
                            My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by t-Roy View Post

                              I actually have two of those UK wood box Collector's sets of Miss Hokusai - I have the "accidentally free" copy in my photo, and also one I ordered at a better price from a different retailer. So now I have an extra one to sell off - but it is Region B locked, you do need to have a multi-region Blu-ray player to play it...
                              I dont think my BR is multi-region....
                              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post

                                Adding to what Levo posted, here's a couple of thread on the release at FP: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...ete-Collection and http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post202293

                                Haven't actually popped the discs in yet, so I'll defer to what Levo posted and the info on the other links. Though not really surprised the BD doesn't look great, since their isn't a BD in Japan. Mostly grabbed it because it was super cheap (SRP is $130 and it got it for $39). FWIW, the sets are currently part of the holiday sale at RS: http://www.rightstufanime.com/catego...keywords=golgo
                                Guess then buying the DVD version in comparison would be the way to go. Looking at the prices on RS it would actually be cheaper to buy the collections individually instead of the DVD full set box.
                                "I donít believe any of these things and I donít want to be agreed with about them Ö All Iím asking is that we take a look at this information, and Ö letís see if we canít disagree with this universe, just a little bit." - LRH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X