No announcement yet.

Anime Haul - Post New Pictures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't posted in a long time but I got these recently...

Last edited by GuilewasNK; October 26th, 2016, 10:20 AM.
    *Rightstuf! refugee*

My Anime Collection as listed on FilmAF http://guilewasnk.filmaf.com/owned/anime

"Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 47

Comment

I received the Japanese import of RWBY Volume 2 LE on Thursday. This release matches the Volume 1 JP LE very nicely, although this volume has a deck of playing cards inside, instead of art cards like the first volume had. The Japanese releases also include the Soundtrack CDs.

Art Box without Obi

Front Cover Opened

Internals Removed

Outside Cover of Digipack

Inside of Digipak, with Discs

Sample Page #1 from Booklet

Sample Page #2 from Booklet
      Last edited by t-Roy; November 22nd, 2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Got my Copy of Black Cat the other day.

"Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

I received the Japanese release of Mai Mai Miracle today, it does include the Kickstarter English dub in DD 2.0. It has a clear Blu-ray case with o-card slip and j-card obi. The o-card is of the heavier, stiffer cardboard the Japanese always use, so it is of better quality than the typical US slip. But yes, the JP release has come out before the Kickstarter release - and we still don't really know yet when the Kickstarter set will even ship...

Angled View of Slip without J-card

Front View of Slip

Slip and Blu-ray Case - Front

Slip and Blu-ray Case - Back

Internals

Comment

Ordered these right before my internet went buggy for a few days (no internet for 5 days ). $84 total for all three. Truthfully, the Orphen set was just tacked on to qualify the order for free shipping. I already have the old ADV brick for Season 1 and the singles for season 2. I guess I'll compare the ADV discs to the Sentai discs and keep the better set.

Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
            My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine Limited Edition...

Both box sets viewed together:

Front view of box sets

Spines of box sets side-by-side

Internals of box sets side-by-side

Comment

This is actually anime related, too - I got one of these today to try out for streaming anime on my 52" TV upstairs on the living room wall - My daughter took her PS4 to her mother's house a month ago, so I haven't been able to watch any anime on Netflix or Crunchyroll in the livingroom or while eating at the kitchen table - so severe withdrawal symptoms had begun to develop, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                  This is actually anime related, too - I got one of these today to try out for streaming anime on my 52" TV upstairs on the living room wall - My daughter took her PS4 to her mother's house a month ago, so I haven't been able to watch any anime on Netflix or Crunchyroll in the livingroom or while eating at the kitchen table - so severe withdrawal symptoms had begun to develop, lol...
                  I bought the exact same one after Crunchyroll dropped app support for Samsung smart TVs (last year IIRC). It's served me well so far and with my new ISP, I can finally stream 1080p.
                  Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
                  My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post

I bought the exact same one after Crunchyroll dropped app support for Samsung smart TVs (last year IIRC). It's served me well so far and with my new ISP, I can finally stream 1080p.
                    That's great to hear that, tigeress! My daughter will eventually bring the PS4 back to my house, so I kinda got the Roku stick more as a temporary thing... I may just continue to use it on the TV anyway, or maybe it will work with my processor/projector setup in my basement theater.

I setup the Roku last night on my 1080p TV in the living room, and it works great even when directly connected to the HDMI port behind the TV - I read that the unit's wifi and pairing of the remote may not work as well when it is behind the TV, but it seems to work fine there for me. I noticed the video resolution defaulted to 720p, so I had to change it to 1080p in the settings menu. I tested out Netflix, Crunchyroll, Amazon, and YouTube, the main streaming services I would be using, and they all work even better on the Roku than from the PS4 - especially YouTube and Crunchyroll. Not sure if the PS4 even does Amazon... My wireless router is about 25 feet from my TV, and the signal also has to go through the floor down into the basement where my router sits on the top of my computer rack cabinet, but I still get 3 out of 4 bars of signal strength. The remote also paired solidly with the unit being behind the TV, and works fine even from the far side of the kitchen, about 30 feet from the TV - so this does everything I need it to do perfectly, for just 39 bucks. I did order an HDMI extension cable to get it out from behind the TV though, to hopefully get even better wireless connectivity.
                    Last edited by t-Roy; November 8th, 2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Got these in the mail yesterday and today... the TGWLTT DVD LE box and the Project Itoh: Harmony Blu-ray I picked up from another forum member - That DVD box set is really nice, never saw one in person before, much nicer than I thought it would be - and even has the soundtrack CD in a jewelcase.

The UK Miss Hokusai Collector's set was actually an exceptional bargain for me, and a total mistake by Anime Limited, lol. I had ordered it from AL over a month ago, then cancelled my order a couple days later to buy it from another retailer with much cheaper shipping, and AL refunded my credit card - then this arrived out of the blue today, totally unannounced, didn't even get a shipping notice in my email about it, lol...

I did get a shipping notice from AL today for my Fullmetal Alchemist Gate set, it's on its way now, finally... can't wait! :banana:

Comment

Holy crap! My UK Fullmetal Alchemist resin gate set arrived today, just ONE day shipping from the UK! Anime Limited sent it Fedex International Priority - so it left Enfield GB yesterday at 5:15 pm, and arrived at my house today at 10:00 am!

Here are a few quick photos - this thing is absolutely gorgeous in person; handpainted, number 146 out of only 970 made. Magnets hold the two halves of the gate together, and the two box sets store snugly inside. There is a 3-disc digipak and seven very thick art cards inside each box set. The 280-page art book is huge and super-nice, too. Extremely heavy - the shipping package for this set weighed in at 17.3 lbs!

Comment

Oh. My. That's a gorgeous box set.

That price tag Can't believe the standard price is almost triple the preorder price.

Comment

Kyle! Hey buddy - you're back! I saw your posts a couple weeks ago in this thread and posted back to you, but I don't know if you saw it or not. Yeah, that FMA Gate is so friggin' awesome, and so is the art book. I pre-ordered it back in June when it was only 149, so it wasn't too bad of a price, especially with the recent exchange rates - it was under $200 US even with the international priority overnight shipping they used to get it to me...

Comment

That set is absolutely amazing!
                              "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Here is a pic of the internals for that nice Miss Hokusai Ultimate Edition, with wooden storage box - I finally was able to open it after AL emailed me back and told me I could just keep it, since it was their mistake. Anime Limited is on a roll with their sets lately...

Last edited by t-Roy; November 22nd, 2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X