X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some because I dunno...

Bungou Stray Dogs season two

Gamers

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu aka the only Aniplex title that Goddy will ever invest in.

Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Alderamin on the Sky - The Complete Series -- Blu-ray

With Sentai having 85% sale going on I thought good time to catch up and fill series holes on some releases while I have the money.

Akame ga Kill - Collection 1
      AKB0048 - Complete Collection
      Amagi Brilliant Park - Complete Collection
      Argevollen - Collection 1
      Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - Complete Collection
      Beyond the Boundary - Complete Collection
      BTOOOM! - Complete Collection
      Children Who Chase Lost Voices -- Blu-ray
      Chaika: The Coffin Princess - Season 1 Complete Collection
      Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragons - Collection 1
      Girls und Panzer - Complete OVA Series
      Girls und Panzer - This Is The Real Anzio Battle -- Blu-ray
      Girls und Panzer Der Film (2015) -- Blu-ray
      Green Legend Ran
      Hayate the Combat Butler - Season 2 Complete Collection
      Kokoro Connect - The Complete TV Series
      Kokoro Connect - OVA Complete Collection
      Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
      Little Busters! - Season 1, Collection 2
      Little Busters Ex -- Blu-ray
      Little Busters! Refrain - Season 2 Complete Collection
      She, The Ultimate Weapon - Complete Collection
      The World God Only Knows III- Complete Collection
      The World God Only Knows - OVA Collection
      Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time - Complete Collection
      Vampire Princess Miyu - The Complete TV Series
      Wake Up, Girls! The Movie
      Last edited by Supermutant; October 12th, 2018, 01:16 PM.
      My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Favs: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Dual, Slayers, More.

Comment

Just in case I did get the rest of Is It Wrong To (something) in a Dungeon.

Also HPB is doing their coupon sale this week.
        Got Kiddy Girl-and for about $21 (Combo Pack) (40% off today, 50% off Sunday).
        Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
          I bought some because I dunno...

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu aka the only Aniplex title that Goddy will ever invest in.
          As a birthday present to myself I bought Fate/Grand Order because it was the only other Aniplex title I saw that I might...kind of like? And the cover looks awesome.
          Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
          In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

From sentai early black friday sale:
            Atom: The Beginning - Complete Collection Blu-ray
            Brynhildr in the Darkness - Complete Collection
            Dragon Dentist Blu-ray
            Hidamari Sketch x 365 - Complete Collection
            Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu - Complete Collection
            Hidamari Sketch X Honeycomb - Complete Collection
            K-ON! - Season 2, Collection 2 Blu-ray
            Leviathan: The Last Defense - Complete Collection
            Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! - Complete Collection Blu-ray
            Magical Warfare - Complete Collection
            Majestic Prince - Collection 1
            Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls - Complete Collection
            Medaka Box - Complete Collection
            No Game, No Life Zero
            Patlabor: The Mobile Police - The New Files Blu-ray
            Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc
            Shining Hearts - Complete Collection
            Soni-Ani: Super Sonico The Animation - Complete Collection
            Wizard Barristers - Complete Collection

Also recently got:
            Accel World: Infinite Burst Blu-ray
            Orange - The Complete Series - Essentials Blu-ray
            Sailor Moon S: The Movie Blu-ray
            Tsuredure Children - Complete Collection
            My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Comment

Bought at Amazon.com with my giftcard:

Project ARMS The Complete DVD series
              Astro Boy- The Complete Series (2003)
              Trunks Plushie
              R.I.P. AnimeSols
              May 2013- May 2015

Comment

Resident Evil: Vendetta

Comment

Redline (Blu-Ray)
                  Sword of the Stranger (Combo Pack)
                  And You Thought There Was Never A Girl Online (Blu-Ray)

via Right Stuf Holiday Sale (and already shipping even though I only ordered it yesterday)

Comment

Ai Tenchi Muyo! - The Complete Series Blu-ray,
                    Clockwork Planet - The Complete Series Blu-ray,
                    Rainbow Days - Complete Series Blu-ray

Comment

Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower

Comment

Got for christmas/with christmas money:
                        Banner of the Stars - Complete Collection
                        Castle Town Dandelion - Complete Series Blu-ray
                        Death Parade Classics Blu-ray
                        Food Wars: The Second Plate - Complete CollectionBlu-ray
                        Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Season 1 Essentials
                        Freezing Vibration Season 2 Essentials Blu-ray
                        Full-Metal-Panic-Invisible-Victory-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD
                        Gatchaman Crowds - Complete Collection:
                        Grimgar Essentials Blu-ray
                        Handa-kun Essentials Blu-ray
                        Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust
                        Parasyte: The Maxim - Collection 1 (Limited Edition) (2014) Blu-ray
                        Overlord Season 1 Classics Blu-ray
                        Ping Pong Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition
                        Servamp Season 1 Essentials Blu-ray
                        Star Blazers Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Star Blazers 2022 Part 1 Limited Edition.

Comment

I bought WAY too much crap this year!
                            The sale at TRSI was just too good but there were a lot of damn good deal, too.
                            I'm STILL waiting on about 2 back-orders because enough people liked a few titles I had interest in, too, and we're waiting to see if Sentai restocks which I hope happens soon.

Biggest disappointment? Well, there were a few LE's that sold out that I had a sleepy eye on but I can live without them.
                            I'm not THAT crazy about the Gundam Thunderbolt imports (felt I paid WAY too much for the first one) and I can live without season 3 of Genshiken.
                            I'm kind of iffy on those "slice of life" and I prefer something a bit more lively.

Yes, there were sets I got because the prices were too good to ignore and some of them were sets I had my eye on for over a year.

As for the coming year, there are things from Funi and Discotek I'm definitely interested in. I'd like to get caught up on the Lupin titles I STILL don't have -- especially all the Blu ray releases and the continuance of Part II whenever that happens. Silly me HAS the Pioneer version of Part II but I'm going ahead and buying the Discotek release myself to "help encourage" the release of the second half of Lupin III Part II that Geneon/Pioneer never got around to dubbing! Yes, I'm aware they're NOT dubbing the last 75 episodes but at least 2 of the later episodes WERE dubbed by Streamline in the 1990s and Discotek IS using those dubs; they're generally good about packing in old dubs with their re-releases. In spite of ultra-purists, there is a market for dubbed anime -- sorry, well over half the anime fans in ANY country want dubs in their native language! -- and I'm interested in hearing alternate takes on these characters, too.

I'm annoyed too by Ponycanyon's and Aniplex's pricing schemes. They're prohibitively expensive IMHO and they bundle a lot of junk most people will NOT look at more than once in the lifetime (or few years?) that they own a PC/Aniplex title. IMHO, they should be doing more economical re-releases of some out of print titles. Pricing twice the MSRP of a "standard edition" Funi or Viz title is just insane and that's why I've only bought titles I'm ABSOLUTELY INTERESTED in. I'm NOT a speculative buyer by nature but the high price-points of those PC/Ani titles makes it far less likely for me to "splurge for the hell of it" and it hasn't escaped most of our notices how these Japanese companies have generally STOPPED releases in the US after they've found out most North American anime fans aren't going to play games with these deluxe/collector's edition sets.

Heck, Sentai's gotten burned on that game, too, and I bought a few of their sets on VERY good discounts because, well, they just weren't selling at $140-$200 price points!

Well, NISA tried to the budget/collector's sets but those didn't take off that well and they left after a few years. That model makes a good case for getting less-obscure titles AND doing dubs.
                            I know some people don't want to hear this and frankly I don't like at least half the dubs, either, BUT you're not going to have even "good" sales on most titles without a dub track, period...
                            That said, yes, I agree that it SUCKED that Aniplex licensed and dubbed Anohana and charged over DOUBLE the price of NISA's Anohana release for the privilege of a "dub" for those of us that might have wanted it.
                            That fact did NOT escape many people's notice

Comment

I got an unexpected gift card to Amazon & got Brave Witches Combo Pack.
                              Got Bram Stokers Dracula Blu-Ray at work for $1.
                              Got One Punch Man DVD series at a local Half Price Books during their 20% off sale (ends tomorrow) for about $15.

Comment

Cancelled a duplicate on christmas money order that was out of stock. Still had money left over on gift card to get something else and leave enough left over for the remaining pre orders.
                                Overman King Gainer Volume 4
                                Zatch Bell Movie 1 101st Devil

Comment

Working...
                                X