No announcement yet.

Latest Blu-Ray / DVD Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dislike Funimation for or a number of reasons, so I just avoid buying anything from them I possibly can. They've pissed me off by cutting way back on Limited Edition sets for most of their releases now, and that's basically all I bought from them. Their quality control is in the toilet with major errors on just about every release, their video quality is sub-par with plenty of banding and blocking due to their authoring settings and from cramming too many episodes per disc, and their packing of items in shipments directly from them is pitiful, with no protection from damage whatsoever. The last straw was when they started shrink wrapping art cards in separate packaging to the last few Collector's sets they have put out, instead of including them inside the boxes where they belong. They're totally incompetent, and I finally got tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
      I dislike Funimation for or a number of reasons, so I just avoid buying anything from them I possibly can. They've pissed me off by cutting way back on Limited Edition sets for most of their releases now, and that's basically all I bought from them. Their quality control is in the toilet with major errors on just about every release, their video quality is sub-par with plenty of banding and blocking due to their authoring settings and from cramming too many episodes per disc, and their packing of items in shipments directly from them is pitiful, with no protection from damage whatsoever. The last straw was when they started shrink wrapping art cards in separate packaging to the last few Collector's sets they have put out, instead of including them inside the boxes where they belong. They're totally incompetent, and I finally got tired of it.
      O_O that's....A lot. Having only a 50" TV I never notice any quality differentiations that they may have. I do prefer l Les but I'll take what I can get. I'd rather have the show in my collection than not have it if it's a series I really love. And yeah I totally understand about the shrink wrapping the art cards. That's why I'm planning on getting code geass in the standard version at a later date. I've only ordered directly from them once and didn't have any issues but thank you for telling me about that cuz that just gives me that much more reason to use right stuf cuz they pack their stuff so well. I can't help but wonder if the reason they cut back on LEs is because universal took over their distribution.

Also: ordered Hunter X Hunter set 1 and the future Diary from right stuf. Wanted to get them while they were still on sale.
      Right Stuf Refugee

Comment

Got an Amazon gift card for early Christmas, and ordered Black Butler Season 3 & Red Dwarf Season XI (non anime).
        Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

I made a sentai order over the weekend. I order Cluster Edge col. 1-2, No. 6, Neo Angelique Abyss, and Meganebu.

Comment

Ordered the BluRay and Book of Getsuyoubi no Tawawa that's coming out in Japan next month. I doubt it will ever see a US license, so I went ahead and bought it.
            “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I placed an order for the UK releases of The Heroic Legend of Arslan Part 2 and Tatami Galaxy Collector's Edition.

Comment

My final order yesterday was case closed movies 3-6 though I can't have then until my birthday which is next August.
                Right Stuf Refugee

Comment

Here's a suggestion Sora N.
                  Try watching one episode a day of the stuff you bought.
                  Or if you have a day off, watch at least one show.
                  Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1 Blu-ray
                    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 2 Blu-ray
                    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack Blu-ray
                    Gundam Build Fighters Blu-ray
                    Gundam Build Fighters: Try Blu-ray

Comment

I picked up the complete Death Parade from Wal-Mart today. It looked like one I'd totally dig.
                      Meow Meow
                      The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
                      ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Expelled from Paradise Maybe this will be the only Aniplex disc that I get
                        It was a Summer that seemed as short as a moment in time but as long as all eternity

Comment

Originally posted by firedragon54738 View Post
                          Expelled from Paradise Maybe this will be the only Aniplex disc that I get
                          Really like that one, I've watched it a few times already.

Comment

Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
                            I picked up the complete Death Parade from Wal-Mart today. It looked like one I'd totally dig.
                            Ooo, Death Parade was soooo good - as soon as I watched that one, I pre-ordered the Limited Edition box set - it was definitely the best anime I watched this year...

Comment

Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
                              That show was sooooo good.....I cried at the end

For Xmas:

-Only Yesterday

-The Girl Who Leapt Thru Time.
                              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Got for christmas:
                                Assassination Classroom - Season 1, Part 2 -- Blu-ray
                                Black Butler: Book of Murder - Combo Pack
                                Sailor Moon Crystal - Set 1
                                Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign - Season 1, Part 2 -- Blu-ray
                                Shakugan no Shana - Season 3, Part 1 Combo Pack -- Blu-ray
                                Star Blazers 2199 - Volume 3
                                Strike the Blood - Complete Series

Ordered with christmas gift card:
                                Animated Classics of Japanese Literature: Botchan, Parts 1 & 2/Student Days
                                Arpeggio of Blue Steel-Ars Nova - Complete Series
                                Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War
                                Big Windup Season 2
                                Bikini Warriors - Complete Series
                                Black Butler: Book of Circus - Complete Collection
                                Black Magic M-66
                                Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace
                                Corpse Party - OVA Collection
                                Di Gi Charat - The Complete Specials Collection
                                Di Gi Charat - The TV Series
                                Doamygar-D
                                Fairy Tail Part 19
                                Golgo Collection 3 and 4
                                Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack!
                                Madara
                                Mardock Scramble: The First Compression - Director's Cut
                                Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion - Director's Cut
                                Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Part 3
                                Momo, The Girl God of Death: The Ballad of a Shinigami - Complete Collection
                                Robotics;Notes - Complete Collection
                                Snow White With the Red Hair - Season 1 Complete Series
                                Tiger & Bunny: The Rising - The Movie
                                To - Combo Pack
                                Toward the Terra Movie
                                My Anime Collection: Watched My Anime Collection: Haven't Watched My Anime Web Site Supermutant2099 on deviantART My Twitch Page

Favs: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Dual, Slayers, More.

Comment

Working...
                                X