Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
    I did a very bad thing.

I purchased the Maison Ikkoku R1 DVD sets on eBay. All 8 of them. No, it was not cheap.

For some reason I don't see a re-release of this one, and the original box sets are amazing. I cannot wait to get them all.
    But at least you owm it now.
    And also, who knows if we'll ever get it over here again?
    I say if one says they have it within the next 2-3 years, it was worth getting.

Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

• Some recent purchases

Galaxy Angel
      Psybuster
      Dimension W
      Cosick pt1
      Monster Musume
      Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline

Comment

• Originally posted by Levo View Post

Love this show, in my top 5. However the original DVD box sets are really bad compared to the recent blu-ray remaster, they are from a very old source and probably not much better than LD. Hopefully we'll get it here someday, for now I have to stick with the blu-ray rips.
        I watched a majority of the show on a bootleg years ago then broke up with my ex so it was never finished. I was okay with the quality on the bootleg (and it was dubbed too) so I am sure I will be fine with these DVDs. But yeah, if I knew a Blu-ray was coming I would have waited. I am impatient and......the box sets are so lovely. I feel like I have a nice collector's item. I am such a nerd.
        Meow Meow
        The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
        ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• Whenever the DVD set of a series has some really attractive or awesome packaging, I'll just wait for the eventual Blu-ray release and buy the Standard Edition set (it's usually not too often that an older series will actually get a nicer LE release nowadays anyway), and then Frankenstein the BD discs into the DVD set, so I can keep those attractive DVD art boxes on my media shelf. I just buy some matching DVD cases but with an extra disc hub in each case, add in the Blu-ray discs along side the DVDs, and turn it into an even more awesome BD/DVD Combo set instead...

Comment

• I am pretty livid you guys, and I am sure you will understand. My boxsets of Maison Ikkoku 1-7 came today (8 still on the way).

Part 1 is a bootleg I already own and is barely functional. I am sure you can imagine how enormously angry I was. I remained civil to the seller. I just hope they will agree to a partial refund. The auction said they were R1 DVDs. All of them.
            Meow Meow
            ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
              I am pretty livid you guys, and I am sure you will understand. My boxsets of Maison Ikkoku 1-7 came today (8 still on the way).

Part 1 is a bootleg I already own and is barely functional. I am sure you can imagine how enormously angry I was. I remained civil to the seller. I just hope they will agree to a partial refund. The auction said they were R1 DVDs. All of them.
              Dude, no. Just NO.
              You demand a full refund, that is not cool that they pulled a bait and switch with you.
              Where did you buy that from?
              If it was Amazon or E-bay I'd report that.
              Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

• Good news. Only one of the boxsets was a bootleg. I explained to the seller and they refunded me the proper amount it would equal to (I got what would have been 1, 4,5,6,7 from this seller and the rest from another). He refunded me $50 which is exactly what an R1 copy of Maison Ikkoku box 1 costs used on eBay in working shape, so now I have it and volume 8 coming in the mail, so luckily it all worked out in the end. He said he honestly didn't know and needs to educate himself better on what is and is not a bootleg. I left him good feedback.
                Meow Meow
                ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• ^Nice to hear things worked out in the end Dazzle.
                  Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                  My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

• Isn't Volume 8 the hardest one to find? I'd really check that one over when you get it, as that would be the most likely one to be a bootleg...

Comment

• Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                      Isn't Volume 8 the hardest one to find? I'd really check that one over when you get it, as that would be the most likely one to be a bootleg...
                      I saw pics of it. And as much as I paid for it, I know it isn't a bootleg. I promise you that. *blushes*
                      Meow Meow
                      ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• Ok, good to see you're on top of things! At least it wasn't hard to replace the first Volume. Congrats on getting a complete set!

Comment

• Gurren Lagan Blu Ray box set

Pre ordered Gundam Wing Ultimate Edition I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SET!!!!!'
                          "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

• Preordered Gundam Wing Ultimate Edition

Comment

• Just received School-Live!

Comment

• Preordered the Gundam Wing UE. Also, it's not exactly a purchase, but went for the $95 tier on the Aria Kickstarter.

And I just saw that my copy of the Chihayafuru LE just shipped. Thank goodness Sentai didn't have to delay that one.
                                Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2017
                                My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Working...
                                X