Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Blu-Ray / DVD Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
    Yeah, weight can be a problem with wall shelves. I've got a couple sections of them myself and I'm always a bit worried about them as far as weight goes. They've been on the wall for over a decade without any problems, but a couple boards have a small bend in the middle from the weight.

    Planning on redoing my whole shelving system this year. Haven't really decided what I'm doing, but the new shelves will be extra deep and go floor to ceiling.

    Just do like I do-put em' in piles on the floor. LOL
    "The world can be a scary place."

    Comment


      Originally posted by Headsdown View Post
      I just got Wizard Barristers today and I open the shipping container and WTF-there's 2 copies in it!?!?!? Guess I'll get an RMA tomorrow and send one back.
      That's nice of you to do that.

      I don't see a Pat on the Back emoji so you get a hug

      Comment


        Originally posted by Headsdown View Post
        Just do like I do-put em' in piles on the floor. LOL
        See, that would bug me, considering the several thousands I've dropped on my collection. Plus, my plies would probably go floor to ceiling several times. I shutter at the thought of them toppling over onto me. I'd probably need someone to dig me out.

        Nope, everything has to be properly shelved.
        Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
        My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

        Comment


          I use second hand bookshelves and cheap department store assemble-yourself shelves. I don't have any problems with sagging; as DVDs and Blu-rays are pretty light, and I don't overload the shelving beyond it's intended capacity. However, my manga collection is slowly growing, and it's threatening a couple of the smaller units. I keep 'em in little snap & store boxes on the tops of the shelves. They look like leather, but they're just thin cardboard. I like 'em cuz they keep the sun off of the manga, and they're cheap. There really isn't any direct sunlight in the room in which I keep my anime and manga, but bein' careful never hurts; plus, a lot of manga covers are pretty racy. I actually have an entire large bookshelf devoted to Funimation, and another to Sentai Filmworks. The other companies' anime occupy portions of smaller bookshelves. I have one small wall mounted bookshelf devoted to Discotek, although it's currently under siege from a small Maiden Japan contingent. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Actually, I'm at capacity; with nowhere to put any more shelves… and I'm pretty sure that I have a couple dozen titles on preorder at RightStuf.
          No matter where you go, there you are.

          Comment


            Bodacious Space Pirates - Abyss Of Hyperspace
            The Comic Artist And His Assistants
            No-Rin
            No matter where you go, there you are.

            Comment


              Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
              Yeah, weight can be a problem with wall shelves. I've got a couple sections of them myself and I'm always a bit worried about them as far as weight goes. They've been on the wall for over a decade without any problems, but a couple boards have a small bend in the middle from the weight.

              Planning on redoing my whole shelving system this year. Haven't really decided what I'm doing, but the new shelves will be extra deep and go floor to ceiling.
              I custom-build all my own shelves so they fit exactly what I need them for - I also use solid wood planking so I can easily make the shelves 3 or more feet wide without any support in the middle, and the shelves still won't sag under the weight of a full shelf of anime . I just do not like using store-bought MDF or particle-board shelving because it is too weak, flimsy and not nearly as well-suited for media storage...
              .

              Comment


                Originally posted by Kiku II View Post
                I use second hand bookshelves and cheap department store assemble-yourself shelves. I don't have any problems with sagging; as DVDs and Blu-rays are pretty light, and I don't overload the shelving beyond it's intended capacity. However, my manga collection is slowly growing, and it's threatening a couple of the smaller units. I keep 'em in little snap & store boxes on the tops of the shelves. They look like leather, but they're just thin cardboard. I like 'em cuz they keep the sun off of the manga, and they're cheap. There really isn't any direct sunlight in the room in which I keep my anime and manga, but bein' careful never hurts; plus, a lot of manga covers are pretty racy. I actually have an entire large bookshelf devoted to Funimation, and another to Sentai Filmworks. The other companies' anime occupy portions of smaller bookshelves. I have one small wall mounted bookshelf devoted to Discotek, although it's currently under siege from a small Maiden Japan contingent. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Actually, I'm at capacity; with nowhere to put any more shelves… and I'm pretty sure that I have a couple dozen titles on preorder at RightStuf.
                I just took my 5 shelf Shelves and turned them into 7 shelf Shelves when I needed more space ...
                These hold all of my Anime ( not counting Hentai )
                Anime Shelves Rebuild

                Shelf 1
                Shelf 2
                Last edited by BWBODDY; March 8th, 2016, 11:54 AM.

                Comment


                  Just ordered:

                  Lord Marksman and Vanadis Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD
                  C3 Complete Series + OVA Blu-ray/DVD
                  Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2Wei! Blu-ray
                  Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Kill La Kill, Monogatari, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
                  My Anime Collection, My Anime List PSN: SuiDream88

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
                    I just took my 5 shelf Shelves and turned them into 7 shelf Shelves when I needed more space ...
                    These hold all of my Anime ( not counting Hentai )
                    Anime Shelves Rebuild

                    Shelf 1
                    Shelf 2
                    That's a pretty nice rig B Dub. I like the Buddha on Shelf 1. What is the robot that is at the top of the shelf, if I might ask? I can't quite see it as it is cut off at the top of the picture.


                    I made a sojourn to Barnes & Noble today and did my part to support brick & mortar America. Plus, I had a couple o' coupons. I went out on a limb and blind bought a couple of titles that I have been on the fence with:

                    Riddle Story Of The Devil LE DVD
                    Selector Infected WIXOSS DVD/Blu-ray
                    No matter where you go, there you are.

                    Comment


                      I wish I could even think about doing that at my local Barnes and Noble - they have a really large disc media section in the back of their store - but absolutely no anime titles in their selection at all. >_<
                      .

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Kiku II View Post
                        That's a pretty nice rig B Dub. I like the Buddha on Shelf 1. What is the robot that is at the top of the shelf, if I might ask? I can't quite see it as it is cut off at the top of the picture.


                        I made a sojourn to Barnes & Noble today and did my part to support brick & mortar America. Plus, I had a couple o' coupons. I went out on a limb and blind bought a couple of titles that I have been on the fence with:

                        Riddle Story Of The Devil LE DVD
                        Selector Infected WIXOSS DVD/Blu-ray
                        That's a poseable talking Bumble Bee my Wife got for me some time back.
                        I had to put it up there becuase my 2 grandsons were starting to wear it out.
                        The waist joint was getting awely worn out on it, if I hadn't put it up there the only thing he'd be able to do is Bow

                        Comment


                          Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun Limited Edition

                          Unboxing video:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpaCYlmzmGQ
                          Follow the Podcast on Twitter: @AnimeSAP
                          Follow the Hosts on Twitter: @SheeGee @InsaneWaya

                          Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpoilerAlertPodcast
                          Check out our AMV channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpoilerAlertAMV

                          Comment


                            Otawarerumono OVA
                            No matter where you go, there you are.

                            Comment


                              Weird ...

                              In this day and age when Re-releases and Remastered Anime is coming out in fewer Discs than their older releases
                              Iria:Zeiram The Animation actually went from 1 disc ( older release ) too 2 Disc ( the new Remastered release )

                              Now I actually have to get up and change Disc's to watch all of Iria

                              I'll have to compare the Original 1 Disc release to the 2 disc Remastered release and see if the 2 disc release is worth the extra disc
                              Last edited by BWBODDY; March 10th, 2016, 04:42 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
                                Weird ...

                                In this day and age when Re-releases and Remastered Anime is coming out in fewer Discs than their older releases
                                Iria:Zeiram The Animation actually went from 1 disc ( older release ) too 2 Disc ( the new Remastered release )

                                Now I actually have to get up and change Disc's to watch all of Iria

                                I'll have to compare the Original 1 Disc release to the 2 disc Remastered release and see if the 2 disc release is worth the extra disc
                                Hmm ....

                                I just watched the same amount of Iria ( from the 1st 2 episodes ) on both the 1 disc Manga release and the New "Remastered" 2 disc release,
                                and they both looked the same to me, and they seemed to have the same amount of little white ( dust ) partials and everything.

                                So I don't see where the "Digitally Remastered" part comes in the play here..
                                I don't think I'll ever make the mistake of thinking the phrase "Digitally Remastered Transfer" means better ever again.

                                I think I'll just keep my old manga 1 disc release, that way I can just watch it all the way through without having to switch discs

                                Oh well, live and learn
                                Last edited by BWBODDY; March 16th, 2016, 10:54 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X