Latest Blu-Ray / DVD Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiku II View Post
    I've been on the fence about Soul Eater for a long time now. It's a big chunk of anime, so I'm tentative to jump down the rabbit hole. It's quite a deep one if you figure in Not.
    It has a lot of action and good fighting scenes, as well as quirky but likeable characters. I think you would like it, it's pretty entertaining and unique. If Tim Burton made an anime series, it would resemble Soul Eater. Some people liken it to Blood Lad, but I haven't watched that yet as it still sits in my unwatched pile.
    Right Stuf Forum Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHigarashi View Post
      Agreed. I was going to buy the Pioneer/Geneon thinpack but its STILL being marked for $40(1st season only.) so I said "screw it" and snagged the Funimation Season 1 and 2 print instead.

I can't wait to hear Reve's Japanese voice.(Megumi Toyoguchi is one of the most edgy,underrated Seiyuu in the business).

Plus despite the fact that Black Lagoon has only 3 main female characters(Eda and Shuen don't appear until later and aren't considered main characters), all 3 are unique in their own way. I personally think Balalakia is HOT.
      Agreed, Balalaika is hot… … … in a real scary sorta way. Sorta like Hibari Ginza from Speed Grapher, Jo from Burst Angel, and Caterina Sforza from Trinity Blood.
      No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by katana6 View Post
        It has a lot of action and good fighting scenes, as well as quirky but likeable characters. I think you would like it, it's pretty entertaining and unique. If Tim Burton made an anime series, it would resemble Soul Eater. Some people liken it to Blood Lad, but I haven't watched that yet as it still sits in my unwatched pile.
        You may have sold me at Tim Burton. Is their fanservice?

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
          Bio Hunter ($9)
          I've heard that Biohunter is pretty hardcore, much akin to some of Koichi Ohata's works.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Bio Hunter ($9)
            I've heard that Biohunter is pretty hardcore, much akin to some of Koichi Ohata's works.
            I've got that one ...

It's from the same people that made Wicked City and Ninja Scroll,
            and it a Rated R Anime but most listing show it as Unrated which has come to be nothing more then code for Rated R

Yeah kiku, if you dig Wicked City and Ninja Scroll ( and I'm sure you do )
            Than pick up a copy of Biohunter

Comment

^The first half of Soul Eater is good, but the second half is meh. The fanservice is delivered by Blair and she does quite a good job of it...
              "The only ship I've sailed is a partnership"--HMS Pinafore
              "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass"--Jethro Tull
              "Bathed in the light of a video screen, my own face I've never seen"--TerrorVision
              "I'm young enough to look at, but far too old to see"--BOC
              "I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand"--Jerusalem

Comment

Agreed, Balalaika is hot… … … in a real scary sorta way. Sorta like Hibari Ginza from Speed Grapher, Jo from Burst Angel, and Caterina Sforza from Trinity Blood.
                She's basically one of those likeable villians. Fairly complex, but sexy,cunning, and crafty at the time. Like a Black Widow Spider.

Hibari from Speed Grapher is way WORSE.

Comment

You may have sold me at Tim Burton. Is their fanservice?
                  Yes there is some fanservice as mentioned in 333jeffery's post provided by Blair the cat girl, you naughty guy you.
                  Right Stuf Forum Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
                    I've got that one ...

It's from the same people that made Wicked City and Ninja Scroll,
                    and it a Rated R Anime but most listing show it as Unrated which has come to be nothing more then code for Rated R

Yeah kiku, if you dig Wicked City and Ninja Scroll ( and I'm sure you do )
                    Than pick up a copy of Biohunter
                    Thanks for the feedback B Dub.

Comment

The Sonico BD showed up today. . .
                      “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Got 3 items shipping from amazon.co.jp - They are all on the way, and should be arriving by Thursday - doubtful if they'll make it here tomorrow:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Star Voyaging Ark Movie Bluray + 10-disc Series Storage Box (amazon.co.jp exclusive digipak)
                        Gargantia on The Verdurous Planet OVA #2 to go into the OVA #1 art box I already have
                        Patlabor WXIII

On the domestic home front, Funimation screwed up and sent me a copy of Darker than Black Premium Edition, after I had long cancelled my order with them way back in mid February and ordered it for $20 less at Rightstuf - but Funimation never charged my credit card, either, so I guess I got it for free, lol. But now I have two copies of a Premium release of which I absolutely hate the useless over-sized packaging for...

Last edited by t-Roy; May 27th, 2015, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Bought Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary DVD (Latin American dub version)
                          Trunks Plushie
                          R.I.P. AnimeSols
                          May 2013- May 2015

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                            Got 3 items shipping from amazon.co.jp - They are all on the way, and should be arriving by Thursday - doubtful if they'll make it here tomorrow:

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Star Voyaging Ark Movie Bluray + 10-disc Series Storage Box (amazon.co.jp exclusive digipak)
                            Gargantia on The Verdurous Planet OVA #2 to go into the OVA #1 art box I already have
                            Patlabor WXIII

On the domestic home front, Funimation screwed up and sent me a copy of Darker than Black Premium Edition, after I had long cancelled my order with them way back in mid February and ordered it for $20 less at Rightstuf - but Funimation never charged my credit card, either, so I guess I got it for free, lol. But now I have two copies of a Premium release of which I absolutely hate the useless over-sized packaging for...

Heeyyy buuudddyyyy...
                            I wouldn't mind taking that off your hands...
                            Nah, just kidding.
                            It seems pretty cool, but I'm more of cutesey-wutsey anime fan.
                            No dark, moody, edgy, sci-fi stuff for me...
                            Unless it HAS cutesey-wutsey anime stuff in it...
                            Then I'm all for it! :D
                            Nope, not even gonna try...

Comment

Space Brothers Collection 3 (BD) shipped today.
                              Upcoming Anime DVD/BD Releases: 2018
                              My Website ~ DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF

Comment

Waiting In The Summer DVD
                                The Tale Of Princess Kaguya DVD/Blu-ray

Comment

Working...
                                X