Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gintama movie
    Michiko to Hatchin
    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Natsume's Book of Friends DVD/Blu-ray Season 3 Set (S) Premium Edition
      I want your soul.

Comment

its not anime, but I just bought (iVid BD780 3D Multi Region Blu Ray & DVD Player, NTSC / PAL) ... at $133 its one of the cheaper ones, but it had good reviews so I went for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sloner52 View Post
          its not anime, but I just bought (iVid BD780 3D Multi Region Blu Ray & DVD Player, NTSC / PAL) ... at $133 its one of the cheaper ones, but it had good reviews so I went for it.....
          Is that a good brand? I wouldn't mind owning a region free player ^^
          My Anime List
          SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Comment

Nice, and at that price even I would give some thought to a Region Free Played

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Is that a good brand? I wouldn't mind owning a region free player ^^
              It's an off brand player, but it had decent reviews.... plus I got the $13 three year insurance on it...... and its 3d bluray at that..

Originally posted by BWBODDY View Post
              Nice, and at that price even I would give some thought to a Region Free Played
              .... I didn't want to spend to much on one, because there are only a few titles that I even want that are not region 1 or A...

Comment

It's an off brand player, but it had decent reviews.... plus I got the $13 three year insurance on it...... and its 3d bluray at that... I didn't want to spend to much on one, because there are only a few titles that I even want that are not region 1 or A...
                I only have a few UK Region B Blu-ray releases, and some R2 and R4 DVD releases so far, but I just like the idea of the possibilities a region-free player gives you. I've owned 3 region-free Pioneer DVD players for years now, so I've been good for watching other-region DVDs; I also own a Region A Oppo 93 Blu-ray player, so I just bought the $60 region-free add-on kit available for it, and it works like a champ. Cool thing with that kit is, it just attaches to the back of the unit externally, using the RS232 port and one of the USB ports, and it is also compatible with newer Oppo players in their line, so whenever I decide to upgrade my player I can just move the kit over to the new player, or transfer it back an forth between players when I need to, without even opening up the units to transfer the kit.

With region-free capabilities, I would definitely consider buying a different region/country's anime release just to obtain some unique packaging, even if I already own the series in multiple versions already. I'm not afraid to frankenstein my releases, adding English-friendly discs into foreign packaging - it's a rather enjoyable side-hobby, especially for someone like me, who has an extremely narrow interest in anime genres. I don't have nearly the number of anime titles to buy as most other anime fans clamor for, so I can concentrate spending my money on making the few titles I really like into something unique, and perhaps even make it better than the original...

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                  I only have a few UK Region B Blu-ray releases, and some R2 and R4 DVD releases so far, but I just like the idea of the possibilities a region-free player gives you. I've owned 3 region-free Pioneer DVD players for years now, so I've been good for watching other-region DVDs; I also own a Region A Oppo 93 Blu-ray player, so I just bought the $60 region-free add-on kit available for it, and it works like a champ. Cool thing with that kit is, it just attaches to the back of the unit externally, using the RS232 port and one of the USB ports, and it is also compatible with newer Oppo players in their line, so whenever I decide to upgrade my player I can just move the kit over to the new player, or transfer it back an forth between players when I need to, without even opening up the units to transfer the kit.

With region-free capabilities, I would definitely consider buying a different region/country's anime release just to obtain some unique packaging, even if I already own the series in multiple versions already. I'm not afraid to frankenstein my releases, adding English-friendly discs into foreign packaging - it's a rather enjoyable side-hobby, especially for someone like me, who has an extremely narrow interest in anime genres. I don't have nearly the number of anime titles to buy as most other anime fans clamor for, so I can concentrate spending my money on making the few titles I really like into something unique, and perhaps even make it better than the original...

at around 1200... I'm not sure I'd give that to watch a few non-region 1 & A releases..... but maybe once my current samsung dies I might look into it..... I Searched around a bit but I couldn't find this "Kit" you're talking about is it not on Amazon?

Comment

I bought volume 2 of Angel Tales last night.
                    *Rightstuf! refugee*

My Anime Collection as listed on FilmAF http://guilewasnk.filmaf.com/owned/anime

"Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 47

Comment

Ordered Infinite Stratos Complete Collection Season 1 Blu Ray
                      Finally got my back ordered ultimate collection Vandread in the Mail
                      And last but not least my favorite movie Top Gun in BR
                      "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

Just came in:
                        Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro Blu-ray

Comment

Originally posted by ninjachad View Post
                          Just came in:
                          Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro Blu-ray
                          Did you watch it yet, how is the re-mastered picture quality?
                          Right Stuf Forum Refugee

Comment

Infinite Stratos Complete Season 1 blu ray
                            "Mission, Complete"

Rightstuf Refugee

Comment

I'm waiting for Gintama and Michiko to Hatchin. And a bunch of manga.
                              Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                              In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Received both editions of Puchim@s today. I can already feel them gnawing on my soul. Nom nom nom. Get off!!! Daw… so cute. The Darker Than Black Premium Edition arrived as well. Wow, is it beautiful… and pointless. Two of the discs were loose in the box… if you'd call it a box. It's more of a glorified manilla folder. I get it. It's d??? cool. But cripes, the discs don't even stay put. Furthermore, despite the shipping packaging being pristine and undamaged; the premium exterior box was smushed at one corner. I love Darker Than Black, and I love RightStuf; so I'm not even gonna bother them about it. The discs, artbook, and artcards were undamaged, so that's all that matters I guess. I just wish they would've done a regular edtion Blu. Either that, or use something better than cardstock for a premium edition.
                                No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X