No announcement yet.

Anime you wish was remastered on blu-ray

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said Fushigi Yuugi! This series will always be one of my very favorite and I adore FY so much. I also would love to see Rurouni Kenshin remastered too! I would re-buy both of these series to have them re-masted and Blu-ray!
    "I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

"Off my chair, Jester. The King sits there." - Noctis Lucis Caelum FFXV

"Walk tall...my friends" - Noctis Lucis Caelum FFXV

Comment

Blood+ , and Dominion Tank Police,are 2 I want on BD in North America

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post
        As others have said Fushigi Yuugi! This series will always be one of my very favorite and I adore FY so much. I also would love to see Rurouni Kenshin remastered too! I would re-buy both of these series to have them re-masted and Blu-ray!
        I honestly have NO IDEA why they haven't re-released Rurouni Kenshi TV on Blu ray.

You would think it would have been a no-brainer considering the live-action trilogy made not long ago.

I guess Aniplex has its heads up its you-know-what and doesn't realize people would like to see an economical re-release of that series.
        They still remember it and like those characters.

I sometimes don't get the attitude of certain companies...

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeC-1986 View Post

I honestly have NO IDEA why they haven't re-released Rurouni Kenshi TV on Blu ray.

You would think it would have been a no-brainer considering the live-action trilogy made not long ago.

I guess Aniplex has its heads up its you-know-what and doesn't realize people would like to see an economical re-release of that series.
          They still remember it and like those characters.

I sometimes don't get the attitude of certain companies...
          I don't understand it either; the series is still popular enough for it. I would re-buy RK if it was remastered and released on blu-ray even at Aniplex's prices. I have bought a couple series from them before....so....
          "I swore an oath to stand with Noct and keep him safe...whatever it takes, I will protect him!" - Ignis Sukientia FFXV

Comment

We'll soon be getting the Gunsmith Cats blu-ray, its being shipped in March(it had a short delay). Now if onlyAnimEigo could start a Oh! My Goddess OVA Kickstarter that would be the best.

Devil Lady is getting an HD remaster in March, so thats one of requests down.

Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Originally posted by Sora N View Post
              I second wanting a BR release of Fushigi Yuugi, it's one of my favorites. I would also like Blu-rays of Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku. The former is probably too long and the latter, though it has its vocal supporters (present company included), it doesn't seem popular enough to get a BD release in the West, but I can dream.
              Keeping my sanity intact is a full time job!

Comment

I have too many anime I would love to see on Blu-ray that are either released on Laserdisc, VHS, or DVD (Even in Japan) and then just forgotten about. Some were released over here but were either localized poorly, never got a Blu-ray release, or have become out of print. So for the sake of brevity I’ll just list the ones off the top of my head.

1. Shin Cutey Honey OVA
                2. The First Three Gall Force Movies
                3. Leda the Fantastic Adventure of Yohko
                4. Tales of Phantasia
                5. Kurozuka
                6. Dirty Pair
                7. Shadow OVA
                8. Twelve Kingdoms
                9. Jubei-Chan 2
                10. Dream Hunter Rem (in its 18+ and non 18+ incarnations)
                11. Blood+
                12. RahXepheon
                13. Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zamaden
                14. Devil Hunter Yohko

Comment

Well It's not a re-master; However, for those interested Kyo Kara Maho! Season 1 is going to be released in Blu-Ray.

Comment

Someone rerelease Story of Saiunkoku please....

Funi doesn't have this anymore and I"m not spending hundreds of dollars.
                    Master Nutmeg guide us. Master Nutmeg protect us. Master Nutmeg teach us.
                    In your light we thrive. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve you. Our lives are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by TsukuyomiMagi99 View Post
                      1. Shin Cutey Honey OVA
                      2. The First Three Gall Force Movies
                      3. Leda the Fantastic Adventure of Yohko
                      4. Tales of Phantasia
                      5. Kurozuka
                      6. Dirty Pair
                      7. Shadow OVA
                      8. Twelve Kingdoms
                      9. Jubei-Chan 2
                      10. Dream Hunter Rem (in its 18+ and non 18+ incarnations)
                      11. Blood+
                      12. RahXepheon
                      13. Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zamaden
                      14. Devil Hunter Yohko

Shin Cutey Honey aka New Cutie Honey HAS been ported to Blu ray. It's been out in Japan FOR YEARS but nobody in American has licensed it since ADV Films went out of business. The Japanese Blu ray set does NOT have the English dub or subtitles on it.
                      The Gall Force films? No idea! You'd have to look them on a Japanese CD/BD website. That's how I KNOW New Cutie Honey and Re: Cutie Honey have been released on Blu ray in the last 10 years.

Leda? I think it's out of print EVERYWHERE, period. It was remastered nicely for the last DVD release, though. That DVD from the rips I've seen online is fantastic. It's unfortunate it's been out of print for close to 20 years in the US. In the past, The Right Stuf had licensed and released Leda on VHS but only English-dubbed.

A lot of those titles on that list, to my knowledge, have NOT been remastered for Blu ray but have been released on DVD in Japan, some of them in far-superior remastered DVD forms to the Western releases.
                      Devil Hunter Yohko has been out of print forever everywhere on the planet and as far as I know there are no plans to remaster it for Blu ray and they might not even have 16mm/35mm film masters to work from to do a Blu ray edition. It may be a matter of time having passed Devil Hunter Yohko by... It didn't even have a 20th anniversary celebration release and it was a big series in the 1990s.
                      RahXephon may be an early digital anime series so an upscale might be problematic.
                      Dirty Pair you'd think would be out on Blu ray, at least part of it, but I don't see any Blu ray listings for it in Japan. It may just be a matter of being an old series that they don't think will make money on Blu ray unlike say Ranma 1/2 or Urusei Yatsura which HAVE been remastered for Blu ray.

There have been titles licensed by TRSI that DID have Blu ray editions but they didn't option the HD for the West because they didn't think the Blu rays would sell. I was sad to see Space Cobra (the original series) was NOT released in Blu ray format (even though Blu ray editions exist of the original TV series in Japan) but I guess the DVDs sold "meh to sorta okay" and the sales were probably not enough to justify a Blu ray release which would have been more expensive to license. They waited on the Utena remaster in Japan but they released the BD edition which also had the advantage of having an existing English dub unlike Space Adventure Cobra. The only Cobra anime dubbed into English is the motion picture which was dubbed by Streamline Pictures back in the 1990s.

Comment

Leda the Fantastic Adventure of Yohko is actually getting a 4K blu-ray.

RahXephon was released on blu-ray in Japan in 2011(with Eng subs even) but as expected its not very good since its upscale.

A Twelve Kingdoms blu-ray re-release would be nice since the first set is very rare and expensive now.
                        Avatar: Mei Ayazuki -Meiji Tokyo Renka

Comment

Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
                          Someone rerelease Story of Saiunkoku please....

Funi doesn't have this anymore and I"m not spending hundreds of dollars.
                          Agreed! Also getting the second season would be fantastic too! Have you read the manga?

Comment

Working...
                          X