Project A-Ko anime references

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project A-Ko anime references

Hey John! Just curious but how many different animes get referenced throughout the Project A-Ko series? I know there's a reference to Fist of the North Star but I'm really curious what else is there.
    http://cherrysoul.easter.ne.jp/forever.htm

I just signed the "50000 sigs and Shaman King will continue petition", did you? (1st bar name, 2nd address, 3rd personal message) And yes, Shueisha really will continue it if they get that many numbers.

Multiple references to the Leijiverse (Harlock, Yamato), as well as Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, from what I remember.
    ...there is no good reason for smart people to subject themselves to barrages of epithets, delivered by people who have not yet been taught to think critically.

~ Charles C. W. Cooke

Comment

I was thinking there was also a reference to Fist of the North Star with Mari.
      And while it's not anime, reference to a couple DC super heroes as well. (The 2nd movies adds a certain Marvel superhero to the mix).
      Last edited by Ohiotaku; November 1st, 2015, 07:58 AM.
      Current avatar: Chizuru Kirishiki from Shiki

"I wouldn't if I were you, I know what she can do.
      She's deadly man, she could really rip your world apart.
      Mind over matter. Ooh, the beauty is there but a beast is in the heart."
      -- Man Eater by Hall & Oates

Comment

I vaguely remember something with this "super-hot bishy bad guy" with white hair that one of the two girls falls madly in love with who runs around blowing up planets for no reason or something- it's a pretty weird anime but funny!

What on earth was that a reference to?
        Last edited by Beet28; November 1st, 2015, 04:10 PM.

I just signed the "50000 sigs and Shaman King will continue petition", did you? (1st bar name, 2nd address, 3rd personal message) And yes, Shueisha really will continue it if they get that many numbers.

Comment

The Colonel Sanders movie scene is a spoof of the anime Harmagedon.

Comment

I haven't watched these films in so long that I had to refer to my illustration books to help me. Ayumi-sensei has always distinctly reminded me of adult Creamy Mami, who premiered three years earlier. Captain Napolipolita clearly seems inspired by Captain Harlock. According to the Project A-ko 2 Anime Best Collection Mook, characters from Yasuko Aoike's Eroica Yori Ai o Komete manga appear in a crowd scene in the second OVA. Characters from Wings of Honneamise appear in the background during the pool scene in A-ko 2. And still according to the Japanese reference guide, the scene of B-ko's father boarding his transforming mecha contains homages to Getter Robo, Raideen, and Godmars.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ject+ako+ova+1

You can check out the movies here if you want John.

Comment

Gonna bump this again. Is the bishy guy with white hair from the OVA a reference to anything? That was so random it just got me curious is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Beet28
                  I vaguely remember something with this "super-hot bishy bad guy" with white hair that one of the two girls falls madly in love with who runs around blowing up planets for no reason or something- it's a pretty weird anime but funny!

What on earth was that a reference to?
                  Are you talking about the Blue Side/Grey Side OAV? As I recall, those were less parodies of contemporary anime and more their own story, using characters already familiar from the film and earlier OAVs.

Not having watched the film in a couple of years has dulled my memory to mostly what was mentioned here but I do recall watching it several years after I first saw it, the number of references I understood had grown exponentially, because the amount of anime I had seen in between.

Oh, those 1980s glory days when some weird project would grow organically and you could solicit screwball funding for it...
                  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.

MyAnimeList
                  KT Kore: [TA12] called Suiko Eiji a jackass [...]
                  Suiko Eiji: In TA12's defense, I am a jackass.
                  KT Kore: You're an awesome jackass though.

Comment

In A-ko part three, when A-ko is working at the burger joint, Yawara and Jigoro appear as customers.
                    Last edited by thewayneiac; February 2nd, 2016, 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
                    Dorie. Dorie. Dorie. Dorie.
                    By the firelight, come and dance with me.
                    Blazing in the night, the fire grows.
                    Come and shout and sing, make the mountains ring
                    while our hearts beat high.Come and sing and shout.
                    Laugh and turn about while the flames reach the sky.

Comment

Working...
                    X