• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaclypse
    started a topic Recommended series for kids

Recommended series for kids

Hi folks,

What would be the best picks for anime geared towards kids (under 12) or for general family viewing?

We already have the Sailor Moon series and Ponyo. I've shown some Squid Girl to my sons, who like the slapstick humour and squid ink vomit, but the wordplay and parodies are a bit beyond them.

Thanks!

• goddessofanime
    replied
    Eromanga Sensei.

Leave a comment:

• Ohiotaku
    replied
    Since it's been revived I'll mention LBX

Leave a comment:

• AnnaLovesAnime
    replied
    Oh okay then.

Leave a comment:

• superplough
    replied
    Well if you necro post like 50 threads at once we might have a problem but if it's a topic you want to talk about, it's fine

Leave a comment:

• AnnaLovesAnime
    replied
    Originally posted by superplough View Post
    You're allowed to necropost as long as it's on topic, it's better than making new threads in my opinion... but making new threads is fine too since threads as old as this one tend to be filled with posts from inactive members

As for the topic: For boys it doesn't get much better than Dragon Ball Super I have no idea if Aikatsu or Love Live or any of those idol shows have dubs, but if they do they would probably be good for girls
    Oh okay because on some boards, they have been known to ban posters for necrobumping old threads. This is especially when the necrobumping is done with malicious intent like on Adult Swim's old forum.

Meanwhile, I will have to try watching Aikatsu and Love Live, when I have the time.

Leave a comment:

• superplough
    replied
    You're allowed to necropost as long as it's on topic, it's better than making new threads in my opinion... but making new threads is fine too since threads as old as this one tend to be filled with posts from inactive members

As for the topic: For boys it doesn't get much better than Dragon Ball Super I have no idea if Aikatsu or Love Live or any of those idol shows have dubs, but if they do they would probably be good for girls

Leave a comment:

• AnnaLovesAnime
    replied
    Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

Wow. Way to necro a three year old thread.
    Are we allowed to post in old threads? If so, I thought I would suggest Shugo Chara. It's a Maho Shojo Anime, that I think girls in their pre-teens would like. It is cute. At the same time, it is a bit suggestive, which is why I think it's​ better for more mature girls to watch.

Leave a comment:

• old hat
    replied
    Originally posted by Nutmeg View Post

There aren't exactly a ton of new threads to post in.

Leave a comment:

• Sazae
    replied
    I was about to come in and give the correct answer to this thread, it's Doraemon, but then I noticed the date. Guess when you are looking to just get some posts in 3 and a half years doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Nutmeg
    replied
    Originally posted by DarrkStarr View Post
    Somebody beat me to Angelic Layer, so add a third vote to that one. Somebody, also, mentioned Spirited Away. That might be a little deep for anyone under the age of fifteen or so. I didn't get the whole story until I watched it two or three times.

Leave a comment:

• DarrkStarr
    replied
    Somebody beat me to Angelic Layer, so add a third vote to that one. Somebody, also, mentioned Spirited Away. That might be a little deep for anyone under the age of fifteen or so. I didn't get the whole story until I watched it two or three times.

Leave a comment:

• superplough
    replied
    It might not be dubbed but it is licensed on Chunchyroll, that's where I watched Season 2... if they still have it you should watch it Sora!

Leave a comment:

• Sora N
    replied
    Originally posted by goddessofanime View Post
    Chi's New Home

It's about a kitty
    I haven't seen Chi's Sweet Home because it's not licensed in the US. It does look really cute; however, I don't think it would be appropriate for kids in the US because it's not dubbed let alone available on DVD/Blu-Ray in the US. I know that the OP of this thread wanted series that are dubbed and legit.

Leave a comment:

• LordGdawg
    replied
    Princess Nine. Its about a girls baseball team perfect for younger girls. Absolutely Not Princess 69.
    What about Slayers? Although her chest is referenced alot.
    Initial D? Its about street racers.
    Toriko? Its a shonen anime like Dragonball and One Piece with food based powers. This latest arc in the is getting kinda violent though.
    I'll second Angelic Layer.
    I can't remember if Record of Lodoss had any overly violent or sexual parts.I seem to remember it being pretty tame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X