This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Anime Have You Watched Today?

Since the "what you last downloaded" thread seemed to have been deleted I decided to make something similar and maybe one that can be more insightful along the way. I've always interested to see what everyone else is watching on a daily basis and just listing what you last downloaded doesn't make much sense to me. Some people used the old thread as what they watched that day (me included) but it's always been limited to just fansubs. It's also kinda hard to comment on something you've just downloaded and haven't had the chance to watch yet.

Human Scramble 07 & 08 (DVD)
    So far this show is interesting. It's one of those series that has a new story and follows different characters every episodes. It's a similar format to shows like Diamond Dust Drops, Sentimental Journey and Seraphim Call although it's not limited to just younger girls. Good stuff so far.

Mushishi 08-10
    Everything you could hope for a show and more. Ginko is a very interesting character and following him around for the journey is really cool. I have this thing where I can only watch this show really late a night. Otherwise it wouldn't feel right. I'd compare it most too Kino no Tabi and I'm glad I still have 16 episodes to go.

Tenchi GXP 03 & 04 (DVD)
    I'm a huge Tenchi fan so I'm kinda surprised it's taken me so long to take a look at this show. If anything this show will make me like Tenchi Muyo OVA 3 a bit more with getting to know some of the characters better. So far it's average which seems to theme for the Tenchi franchise these days. Episode 4 picked up some speed after a somewhat slow start. Hopefully it's gets better along the way but I see it going up and down.

Maria-sama ga Miteru 01-06 (Rewatch for the 2nd time)
    I love this show. It's like if Onii-sama E was sane. Any comparison to that show is a complement in my eyes. I wasn't expecting to watch much but like always I get addicted thing things I really like quite easily. Cool thing is that the best is yet to come.

So far I'd give this day a B+.
    MAL / Profile / Cels

*Sigh

The single most helpful thread EVAR gets deleted. Is it really necessary to delete the whole "what's the last anime downloaded" thread. Can't you guys [mods, admin, whoever] just trim the fat off it??

Comment

Dragonball Z 46-54 (Fansub)

I've never actually seen all of DBZ from beginning to end unedited (lets put the blame on Funi for that one). I've seen all of what they have put out on their usual 3 episode discs that they stopped making in favor of those crappy cropped widescreen boxsets, so I'm watching episode 1-67 of DBZ via fansubs using Dragonbox ripped footage. As you can obviously guess, I'm loving the show. I had started watching Dragonball back in December and finished all 153 episodes around mid January. I only started watching DBZ about 9 days ago and I'm already through about 60 episodes, which is excellent for me in my opinion. I feel like I can just breeze through DBZ and it should take me less than two months to watch it all, including all 13 movies. I wanted to get in episode 214 of One Piece and episode 116 of Bleach as well, but I can wait on those for a while. The love for Dragonball is just too strong right now. Not to mention I'm wrapped up in Final Fantasy VI Advance as well, which I should be finished with in two weeks tops.
      Last edited by J Dude; February 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM.
      MyAnimeList Profile
      Currently Watching: K-On!

Comment

I know that this one is specifcally for the current day at any given time, but doesn't this suit the need pretty well? http://animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185181

Not to say this isn't a good idea for a thread since you obviously want this one to be more detailed(which I would prefer), but it seems like it would be in direct competition with the pre-existing one.

I'd prefer to see another download thread myself, as it lets me know when new episodes of certain fansubs are out, or just what new titles are in general.

I don't mean to come off as being rude, so I apologize if you take it that way. It just seems like the purpose of this thread is already covered.
        You can't correct something that's already correct.
        -CrossboneGundam

Comment

FMP-23
          Loki Ragnarok-08

Thats it, with AMVs in my way and a one day deadline left, haha.

Comment

You know, I figured maybe some people would actually want to talk about what they were watching as view they through it. But if you guys prefer list form same old, same old be my guest. The thread you linked is also simply list form. This would still keep you up to date on what the anime that is most current and popular. Maybe I should have titled this thread "For Those Who Like to Express Themselves"?
            MAL / Profile / Cels

Comment

Originally posted by Hisoka View Post
              But if you guys prefer list form same old, same old be my guest.
              Not me, that's for sure. What I like about your thread that makes it different from those others is that of course people would talk about what they're watching and we get to see their opinions of it, which is always interesting to read. Rather than just some list of what people are downloading/watching, which isn't interesting at all.
              MyAnimeList Profile

Comment

You know, I figured maybe some people would actually want to talk about what they were watching as view they through it. But if you guys prefer list form same old, same old be my guest. The thread you linked is also simply list form. It would still keep you up to date on what the anime that is most current and popular. Maybe I should have titled this thread "For Those Who Like to Express Themselves"?
                I see you still didn't take it well .

I realize that you want this one to actually give detail and I like that. Whenever I post about something I try to not just give a list, and I would prefer that people do the same. I'm just trying to say that a thread like this one already exists. It's not explicitly stated in that one that you can't give a detailed description, so it's not impossible that it could happen. If you were to make that a condition for posting in here then I think that it would certainly be different, but as it is, people will eventually get lazy and start with the lists again.

Edit- Now that I read the first post in that other thread, it also called for some kind of a description. I'm not saying that this thread is a bad idea. I'm just saying that eventually it's going to turn into what the other one is, which is a list thread. Then we'll have two of the same thing.

Second Edit- Perhaps you could have the thread modded to prune the lists? I don't know if they do that here but I've seen that on a few other forums.
                Last edited by Hajime Saitou; February 28th, 2007, 01:14 AM.
                -CrossboneGundam

Comment

Not much today. Just a few episodes here and there.

Noein episode 6 (I have to say Noein really is getting better!! Big improvment over the first volume)
                  Kamichu episode 5
                  Maetel Legend part 1 (I love Maetel!)
                  G Gundam episode 26 & 27 (First time watching it in Japanese, love it)

Since the "what you last downloaded" thread seemed to have been deleted I decided to make something similar and maybe one that can be more insightful along the way.
                  Maybe its just being edited, doesn't the thread move somewhere when its being edited or something? I thought I heard that...
                  Last edited by Levo; February 28th, 2007, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajime Saitou View Post
                    Edit- Now that I read the first post in that other thread, it also called for some kind of a description. I'm not saying that this thread is a bad idea. I'm just saying that eventually it's going to turn into what the other one is, which is a list thread. Then we'll have two of the same thing.
                    There's a difference between talking about what you're currently watching as your opinions of it and talking about the reason you started the series or where you found about it. Now can we just leave it at that and let the poor man have his thread? It's already starting to turn into a discussion about how we shouldn't have a perfectly great thread like Hisoka's. You're right though, there are gonna be a lot of lazy people who are just gonna do the "list" of their shows and not post anything talking about it, but it's not like Hisoka has control over what other people are gonna post.
                    MyAnimeList Profile

Comment

Originally posted by J Dude View Post
                      There's a difference between talking about what you're currently watching as your opinions of it and talking about the reason you started the series or where you found about it. Now can we just leave it at that and let the poor man have his thread? It's already starting to turn into a discussion about how we shouldn't have a perfectly great thread like Hisoka's.
                      I know there is a difference, but I'm saying that in the end it's not going to matter. It could ask for you to write a 10 page essay on each anime you watch, and it's eventually going to derail into a list thread. That was the point. Right now, it's a good idea. A week from now, it's going to be a clone of the other thread. That's all I was trying to say. I'll just leave it alone to let it become whatever it becomes.
                      -CrossboneGundam

Comment

Hidamari Sketch - 2

Rewatch, mostly because the subs are taking forever, but the other reason is because I enjoyed Sae's "Lovely Chocolat" persona. I don't get why so many people dislike her.
                        "..."

Comment

i watched episodes 6 7 8 and 9 of Azumanga Daioh (in english simply because i was too lazy too read the subtitles lol) and nearly died laughing at kaorin's dream

Comment

I watched episode 1 and 2 of Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime just now. I also watched episode 1 about 4 times yesterday and episode 2 twice. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need more. Although I think I can watch them a half dozen more times each.
                            "Carrots huh? Eat enough of those someday you'll grow up to be a spaceship."

WORSHIP THE COMIC

Comment

I wondered why my post count went down by 30.

Anyway today I watched volume 3 of Samurai Champloo. Excellent Series and one of my favorites.
                              My Avatar: Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach

Comment

Working...
                              X