Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the last anime series you completed watching??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamayura ~HItotose~

I just needed to watch the last episode, so I did today while having breakfast.

A really comfy worry free SOL. All 4 main girls are adorable in their own way, too bad Kaori kinda feels neglected in most of the show compared to the other 3 girls. I'm glad I still have the OVAs to watch and season 2.

Comment

• Frame Arms Girl - I'll admit it's just been a 12 week commercial for the product, but I've actually enjoyed the series. Just a nice little piece of fluff to watch. I like that from time to time.
      “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Tsugumomo 12eps Dont know Kazuya is lucky or unlucky

Warau Salesman New 12eps Talk about a faustian deal but by the time it got to the seacond part it got old

Frame Arms Girl 12eps Going to miss the Materia twins
        It was a Summer that seemed as short as a moment in time but as long as all eternity

Comment

• ACCA 13 - wow, best anime I've watched since Ajin and Death Parade. Superbly done.

Comment

• Originally posted by autsiticanime View Post
            Welcome to the NHK.

I could really relate to the story despite feeling like it was taking detours from the main plot and Satou irritated me sometimes. I didn't mind the ending and found it suitable for this show 4/5.
            Should try the manga & if you can find it the novel as well (all 3 are somewhat different).
            Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

Comment

• I have been getting back into anime again after being in a serious funk. My "guy friend" and I, well, I went to his place for a couple of nights just to pig out and watch anime and play video games(can't call him my boyfriend yet, but we're trying this again and it's going well and he's been an enormous support to me in this troubled time).

We watched the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I actually watched it twice....once with my family, once with him. Hands down the BEST anime movie that I have ever seen. I always thought the named sounded stupid so I never watched it. Boy, was I an idiot. I saw it in a store and read the back cover. The concept sounded very interesting. I knew it was popular and now I see why. Awesome movie!

My guy friend and I marathoned all of Shiki. I think this one goes in my top ten anime I have ever seen, and the best horror I have ever seen. I can't expect any less since it's by the creator of Ghost Hunt, except this one was so much better. It was was 3AM and we were like......should we finish it? We did. Did't get to bed until daybreak. XD

He also introduced me to an anime that made me laugh so hard. I mean, I almost couldn't breath. Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist. OMG. This is one of the funniest anime I have ever seen in my life. I went out and ordered a copy right away. I HAVE to have it in my collection and I think my mom may enjoy this one too. We both have dirty minds so I think she will find it funny as well. We marathoned this one too.

Now I am trying to figure out what to pick out of the backlog next. I really want something that's licensed and as funny as Shimoneta, but that one is just unique. XD
              Meow Meow
              The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
              ~Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

• Starmyu 2nd Season 12eps Just so many cliches and just hoping someone would just punch Hoshitani in the face

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 12eps Glenn a lazy teacher and Rumia just keeps getting kidnapped
                It was a Summer that seemed as short as a moment in time but as long as all eternity

Comment

• Originally posted by DazzleKitty View Post
                  Now I am trying to figure out what to pick out of the backlog next. I really want something that's licensed and as funny as Shimoneta, but that one is just unique. XD
                  WB Dazzle.

Finding something that unique like Shimoneta will be quite difficult. Buuut, there's Seitokai Yakuindomo whose humor is based in a 4koma manga with "shimoneta" jokes or translated as "dirty jokes" that it may not be over the top like the original Shimoneta but it's quite hilarious with all the puns, dirty jokes and sex harass the male MC gets from the rest of the female cast

As far as I know the first season it's licensed and can be watched thru crunchyroll or buying the R1 blurays. Not sure about season 2 or the ovas though.

I know you watch licensed stuff mostly because it sucks watching anime in your computer. But I'd suggest at least adding this title to your watch list, its' about to end next week and it's probably the best romance of spring season, wich btw is also available on crunchyroll. Tsuki ga Kirei

Comment

• DazzleKitty Nothing's quite like Shimoneta but maybe Is this a Zombie?. There's a couple seasons.
                    Current avatar: Tenya Iida from My Hero Academia

"Yeah runnin' down a dream that never would come to me. Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. Runnin' down a dream." -- Tom Petty

Comment

• Technically not the one I finished most recently but it took time to put my thoughts together.
                      Flip Flappers
                      I'm really conflicted about this series. Watching it my reactions went from WTF? -> This is pretty cool -> How disappointing. Weirdness is pretty much the common thread that runs throughout, but in the early going it seemed allegorical or at least creative (loved the varied art styles that made the different "illusions" seem like dreams or nightmares). But the last couple episodes (after the big reveals & you pretty much knew how it would end) it just fell like they were truing to fill time. At it's best the series was imaginative, insightful & charming. At it's worst it was incoherent, rambling & repetitive. I saw an article where it apparently sold very poorly in Japan so whether it gets a physical release here seems questionable at best. It's a shame because it really shined at times, I just wish it finished stronger.
                      Note: There is some fanservice and fairly strong yuri overtones involving the middle-school aged MC. Nothing graphic but if you're sensitive about such matters it may be uncomfortable. For the record I still think Cocona & Papika are just friends, albeit very dear ones like Anne Shirley & Diana Barry.
                      Last edited by Ohiotaku; Yesterday, 01:47 PM.
                      Current avatar: Tenya Iida from My Hero Academia

"Yeah runnin' down a dream that never would come to me. Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads. Runnin' down a dream." -- Tom Petty

Comment

• Busou Shoujo Machiavellism

Not bad, but not good either. The whole Empress issue felt badly exposed even with it's lame excuse of her behaviour. But heck, it could have been way worse, like...

Akashik Records

This show had plenty of ups and downs in terms of writting and execution. The first 3 episodes were terrible and spoon fed to a younger gullible audience. The show got a lot better at the school tournament, only to drop down again in it's final episode with a metric ton of incoherences. My life will be better if I don't hear about this title ever.

Originally posted by Ohiotaku View Post
                        For the record I still think Cocona & Papika are just friends, albeit very dear ones like Anne Shirley & Diana Barry.
                        Ceicocat makes a strong case of Papika & Cocona being more than friends

Last edited by kimurah; Today, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X